PDA

View Full Version : New Xbox LIVE Ban Wave

gazz10
11th November, 2008, 08:46 AM
New Xbox LIVE Ban Wave?
>> Seems like reports on our forums are indicating Microsoft has a new (console) ban wave on Xbox LIVE ...
Right now we don't have a lot of details/information, but if you have a modified DVD firmware we suggest you stay off LIVE for now.

Reported in numerous places

.: JaCkPoT :.
11th November, 2008, 11:34 AM
i confirm a similar few reads

shortyball
11th November, 2008, 03:50 PM
so does this suggest iextreme 1.4 is detected?

nilrem
11th November, 2008, 06:07 PM
Rumour has it that it's down to pre-release games being played , another rumour is that it is the seed4me iso's that are to blame , Fallout 3 & Quantum of Solace

Everyone is being advised to wipe all saved games off hard drive / memory card and stay off Xbox live untill the reason is confirmed

Jaffa
11th November, 2008, 09:11 PM
I can confirm one banned 360 today in this house.

So what I need to know is what way does it all work, can my son go on another 360 with his current hdd, does anything need deleted, what happens with achievements for game which you played pre release date ???

11th November, 2008, 09:14 PM
I can confirm one banned 360 today in this house.

So what I need to know is what way does it all work, can my son go on another 360 with his current hdd, does anything need deleted, what happens with achievements for game which you played pre release date ???

its unfotunate mate, hope it wasnt a elite

Jaffa
11th November, 2008, 09:20 PM
its unfotunate mate, hope it wasnt a elite

No m8, i not sure what the names are, it was 20gb one...is that premium or something ???

shortyball
14th November, 2008, 11:05 AM
Luckily i dont play any games before release dates so in that aspect it should be safe.
I am not really looking forward to my elite being banned, so i think i niice disconnect for awhile might be needed. :hmmmm2:

kr4sh
15th November, 2008, 02:00 AM
Ive updated my box with the leaked NXE i can't connect to live but im not getting a banned status code. So hopefully i just cant connect till november 19th when NXE is released, and im not banned. im on a flashed benq with 1.4

I know a couple people who are not banned using ix 1.4
Ive heard that 1.4 is not yet detected. But the review copys of games (mainly Fallout 3 and Gears 2) are to blame for the bans, as people were playing fallout 3 while still connected to Live.

Anyone know how long it took to determine the cause after the last ban wave?

Raven
15th November, 2008, 04:02 PM
Why do people do it ? Why do they insist on playing the games before release date, with hard drives plugged in but especially online....because all they are doing is getting themselves and everyone else potentially banned.

It's annoying because it's not like they can't play the games and yet they insist on having everything plugged in and playing it before it's officially released aswell....then we get wave attacks of bannings and people wonder why.

15th November, 2008, 06:07 PM
i posted the nxe leak here, it mentions that u cant sign in to live til 19th

loncell
17th November, 2008, 10:17 AM
i have 2 x 360's on live and both are fine on ixtreme1.4.its nothing to do with the FW but the games ppl are playing before release date and review copies.

try googling for "abgx360" then check your iso's for stealth before playing.also select level 3 within the program , this should help.also i cant understand why people are basically lying just to shiit people up saying " i've never been on live then i bought a original COD5 and got banned".

this is utter bullocks but i suggest you do wipe 360 HD's if your unsure what games you tried in the past.

17th November, 2008, 11:15 AM
watch ur language dude
EDIT: Maybe Not ;)

Raven
17th November, 2008, 01:43 PM
He hasn't said anything offensive and he does have a point about them people who lie saying they got banned from an original game....nobody gets banned for nothing it's almost always people who were stupid enough to play a game copy before release date with their hard drives and internet cables plugged in and on xbox live and they were caught and banned for it. End of story.

17th November, 2008, 01:47 PM
i never said he mentioned anything offensive..
im just saying that as it may come under the catorgry of swearing.
just to be safe :)

alunfennell
17th November, 2008, 02:58 PM
As with other sites when someone is banned it will be two services that are detected and measures taken, first is the units MAC Address & Second is the users IP Address both will be entered in the servers Banned section on the gateway to the server were everyone has to get threw to join the server.

If you are banned from a XBOX server you will have to change your router to get a new IP address if its a static connection, if you have a dynamic Ip address you might be ok if they have not detected your Mac Address from the router.

As for the XBOX the unit will have to exchanged for a virgin box to get reconnected to the XBOX servers.

What I am trying to explain is that is a bigger issue than just the unit (The XBOX) they will also use you IP address to ban you aswell.

I worked for a company that were given a outsource contract to produce the Xbox in Guata la Hara in Mexico, I know a little bit about there methods and there Game banning which is to be on the same lines of EA where by every copy of the game sold is manualy entered onto the server once the game is regestered online, If your system or Game has been detected as been banned, you will not get onto the server. every thing is cross referenced by there system.

Raven
17th November, 2008, 06:15 PM
i never said he mentioned anything offensive..
im just saying that as it may come under the catorgry of swearing.
just to be safe :)

I never knew bullocks and shiite were even swear words...I've heard of bullocks as in sandra bullock the actress and i've heard of shiite as in that terrorist faction or whatever....and plus it's no different to when other people say ~~~~ or cnut on the forum.....also the point of his post wasn't about swearing and he did make some good points it's just you decided to pull him up on disguised swears that everyone else does and gets away with. You don't need me to tell you that you were perhaps being a little unfair and dismissive to the guy. You could have at least acknowledged his point instead of just saying "watch your language dude".

I don't want you to take this post the wrong way I don't mean any malice or negativity I'm just pointing out that he didn't do anything wrong and your response was a little high and mighty and unwarranted for lack of a better term....I appreciate what you meant but the reply could have been abit more tactful.

The last thing this community needs is VIPs and moderators and admins swanning around with superiority complexes and being arrogent and thinking they are something they are not.....it's not what this place is about and it's not the attitude this place was founded upon.....in fact this place was founded as an alternative and safe haven from that attitude so let's not start. Keep it friendly and curteous. :)

Jaffa
17th November, 2008, 06:30 PM
nobody gets banned for nothing it's almost always people who were stupid enough to play a game copy before release date with their hard drives and internet cables plugged in and on xbox live and they were caught and banned for it. End of story.

Don't call me stupid please, you are free to call me a thick paddy but not stupid..............:shot:..........lol

& Second is the users IP Address both will be entered in the servers Banned section on the gateway to the server were everyone has to get threw to join the server.

If you are banned from a XBOX server you will have to change your router to get a new IP address if its a static connection,

Its strange that because I have a 2nd Xbox360 linked to the same router and recovered the gamertag and all is well on Xboxlive after the other 360 got banned. thought it was just the unit that banned but I dont know enough about it to say for sure but I know others who have done exactly the same and use a different 360 on the same router.

Raven
17th November, 2008, 06:49 PM
Don't call me stupid please, you are free to call me a thick paddy but not stupid..............:shot:..........lol

.......Difference ?? lol

I'd have thought thick paddy would have been more offensive but if it makes you feel any better you were a thick paddy for playing games early with your hard drive plugged in and stuff lol ....and to be fair people deserve to be banned if they know about the live bans but still insist on having it all before they should and taking the risk. Although it's anyone's choice to make. :)

Jaffa
17th November, 2008, 07:58 PM
.......Difference ?? lol

I'd have thought thick paddy would have been more offensive but if it makes you feel any better you were a thick paddy for playing games early with your hard drive plugged in and stuff lol ....and to be fair people deserve to be banned if they know about the live bans but still insist on having it all before they should and taking the risk. Although it's anyone's choice to make. :)

I canny argue with that, it was actually my thick paddy of a son who I warned that it was very risky......but alas him and his m8s had to do it, strange thing is only 3 out of the 5 got banned but the others are expecting to be banned in the next wave of bans.

dowlinr
17th November, 2008, 08:58 PM
Ixtreme 1.41 on a benq and all OK here. Only game I played early was a verified retail copy of Fable 2 and I only played that a day early by mistake (I thought it was released on the 20th). If I get banned I'll have no worries, I have a spare sitting waiting for that day.

17th November, 2008, 09:44 PM
i have 2 x 360's on live and both are fine on ixtreme1.4.its nothing to do with the FW but the games ppl are playing before release date and review copies.

try googling for "abgx360" then check your iso's for stealth before playing.also select level 3 within the program , this should help.also i cant understand why people are basically lying just to shiit people up saying " i've never been on live then i bought a original COD5 and got banned".

this is utter bullocks but i suggest you do wipe 360 HD's if your unsure what games you tried in the past.
sory mate. i obviousley too into account what u said as i have a 360 too.
sorry for my response and thnx for your opinion

Sig-gotyouth
23rd November, 2008, 08:23 PM
sooo something Im trying to understand... are there only certain models I can flash? Im trying to find out everything I can to do it myself but the best I got was an outdated info sheet on the different drives and there was no news on weather the BenQ could be flashed.

thanks in advance everyone for your knowledge... amd if the latest bans were due to pre-release games being played or non-retail code being played I have nothing stopping me as I want to enjoy the vast collection of games... I dont get caught in the hype for upcoming releases...

dowlinr
23rd November, 2008, 08:29 PM
Benq flashing guide. Follow this and you won't go wrong

The blog to end all blogs: How to flash a BenQ Xbox 360 (http://venomousfire.blogspot.com/2008/02/how-to-flash-benq-xbox-360.html)

Sig-gotyouth
23rd November, 2008, 09:22 PM
many thanks to you my man... gonna go and get one tomorrow now

dowlinr
23rd November, 2008, 09:26 PM
many thanks to you my man... gonna go and get one tomorrow now

Get what? A 360? I thought you had one already with a benq?

Whatever you buy in the shops now will 99% of the time have a lite on which you can't flash but can spoof another drive

Sig-gotyouth
23rd November, 2008, 09:34 PM
yeh I dont have one haha... I am/was a sony fanboy
and I think Im gonna head to CEX and get a 2nd hand one in which case... any tips?

dowlinr
23rd November, 2008, 09:44 PM
Look round the back for entry marks, usually scratches around the bits you need to click in. If someone has opened it, it could be a RRoD repair that they've got shot of before it happens again.

Also take off the front panel and check what drive you are getting by looking at the color of the wire (grey = benq, blank = hitachi, red = samsung). If they let you turn it on then just check the dvd tray shape.

shortyball
25th November, 2008, 06:27 PM
best thing to do is find the guid to opening the 360 and then compare the entry points that you use to open the 360 with the 2nd hand one your buying. Like mentioned above, scratch marks, broken clips, and the sealed stickers if they look tampered with or re-glued.

ive seen ones going 2nd hand with the excuter modification left on and people didnt know what they were selling in the shop

danmc07
28th November, 2008, 03:32 PM
I only stick with legit games anyway so I'll be safe :D. Its unfortunate to you people who got banned though.

slayer123
7th December, 2008, 08:24 PM
i'm not banned...yet :)

shortyball
8th December, 2008, 12:10 PM
so whats the verdict. ive been away and was thinking about plugging my xbox back up to the net. I rarely play online anyway but do have a few non originals, but i use live etc for all its goodies. What do people think i shouldnt be at anymore risk than before should i?

dowlinr
8th December, 2008, 12:19 PM
so whats the verdict. ive been away and was thinking about plugging my xbox back up to the net. I rarely play online anyway but do have a few non originals, but i use live etc for all its goodies. What do people think i shouldnt be at anymore risk than before should i?

I've never stopped playing on live. As long as you are on the latest ixtreme firmware and you run your ISOs through ABGX and they come up verified then all should be ok.

If you've run a dodgy release on your machine before you disconnected it you will probably be flagged for a ban anyway.

djjwdubz
15th December, 2008, 04:59 PM
its not true i got mine softmod and im not meant to go online 2 play peeps bcuz the game is not out. there is a software that shows you if the game is ok 2 go online when it comes out so u can go online when the game is out in the uk the program is called dvdxmulleter u can see how to use it on youtube u might have it oh yeah my friend told me 2weeks ago stay off live on the 16th dec if u have a mod thats 2mro just pull it out till the next day hope this helped

dowlinr
15th December, 2008, 05:14 PM
its not true i got mine softmod and im not meant to go online 2 play peeps bcuz the game is not out. there is a software that shows you if the game is ok 2 go online when it comes out so u can go online when the game is out in the uk the program is called dvdxmulleter u can see how to use it on youtube u might have it oh yeah my friend told me 2weeks ago stay off live on the 16th dec if u have a mod thats 2mro just pull it out till the next day hope this helped

What's not true??

And what "softmod" are you talking about, as far as I know there are no softmods for the 360?

XDVDMulleter (yes that's what it's called) doesn't show if the game is verified (same as a retail game) or not so in my view is useless. ABGX will verify and if it isn't verified it'll fix the game so it is.

And why has your friend told you to stay off live tomorrow? What purpose would that serve. XBLive won't just run a check on one day and forget about it the next. If they are up to something pulling the ethernet cable out on one day won't help. They'll just get you on the 17th if they are doing something.