PDA

View Full Version : how to change record path to /home/someting/movie ?

mangup
11th November, 2008, 10:09 AM
Hello I am new in this forum.
My friend heve problem. They buy some multimedia storige drive with 500 GB and he like to use like storage for dreambox 500S with some gemini (do not know what version). There is problem that network drive is accessebile from network in path \\192.168.0.23\c2-share\. I was mounted that path. Everiting OK. But when I want to record there is problem.
On \c2-share folder there is just folder named "c" that is actuali local HDD with 500 GB. This is problem because I cant create movie folder on c2-share, but in c i create folder movie.

How to change record parth from /hdd/movie (\\192.168.0.23\c2-share\movie) to valid folder /hdd/c/movie (\\192.168.0.23\c2-share\c\movie) ?

I need tip for this.
Thanks and sorry for my english.

mangup
12th November, 2008, 08:21 AM
anyone know how to do this ?

scuba
12th November, 2008, 08:48 AM
don`t change ur local dir,only change ur Directory where it`s recording to on ur pc.

mangup
12th November, 2008, 08:57 AM
thank scuba for answering , but I canot change that url on multimedia device.

scuba
12th November, 2008, 09:04 PM
check this thread :wink:
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f34/recording-pc-9184/

mangup
13th November, 2008, 09:15 AM
check this thread :wink:
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f34/recording-pc-9184/

@scuba , thanks but that is not answer or tips for me. :(

Dreambox see /hdd mount and there is /hdd/c that I can't change !! inside c I have movie folder. Problem is that I cant change in multimedia device share name or name of C "folder" (virtual folder, actuali root of HDD 500GB).

Again my, question is how to change record path from /hdd/movie to /hdd/c/movie ?

P.S. Linux is open source , I was searched files, but not found where to change this.:puke:

Devilfish
13th November, 2008, 02:17 PM
You can't change it from /hdd/movie. Although linux is open source, once the image is compiled, the main code is no loner editable.

You don't need to change from /hdd/move to /hdd/c/movie, this is the mount location on the dreambox. Just create a folder in the root of your 500GB drive and put that in the 'Server Directory' in the mount settings. Don't try to mount it using the remote and onscreen menus, use the web interface.

mangup
13th November, 2008, 02:41 PM
Ok I will try when go home. Thanks

alunfennell
13th November, 2008, 05:57 PM
Use Dreambox control Center to change the path that you want its the easy way of doing it .

Go to tools then Expert option & change the path address.

chemmaster
4th April, 2011, 07:45 PM
thank you.. i have the same problem.. let me check it

effbiai
10th October, 2011, 03:03 PM
Use Dreambox control Center to change the path that you want its the easy way of doing it .

Go to tools then Expert option & change the path address.

thanks for this! will test it as soon as possible

miki35
25th December, 2011, 06:29 PM
posting to receive download acces