PDA

View Full Version : Starview 4 Prob

stevie6uy
11th November, 2008, 05:47 PM
Hi All
Just gettin started and manged to download the latest files onto usb stick.
When I put the usb into The Box, Go to USB,Highlight the file and press OK
nothing happens!!!
Is it me,The Box or have i done something wrong.
Help Please.
Stevie

ezop
11th November, 2008, 06:02 PM
you should get a blue box thats asks it your sure and then it should flash ..

try recopying the 2 .bin files again onto the usb also make sure that the usb stick is formated to fat32

stevie6uy
11th November, 2008, 07:29 PM
Thanks Ezop! How do i make sure that my usb is formated to fat 32?

satsmo
11th November, 2008, 10:16 PM
You format the USB stick via the HDD menu on the SV4. If you got the firmware from here did you unpack it first, with winzip, winrar or similar compression application?

stevie6uy
13th November, 2008, 12:41 AM
Hey Guts I'm Gutted.
I got a new flash Usb drive today because the one I was using before wasn't a flash drive.The guy in the shop told me it supported Fat32 so I was excited to get home.
I formated the usb on all the files in the menu then downloaded the latest firmware V1.02 from Satsmo.All Good.
But still when I highlight this file in the USB section on the SV4 and press ok nothing happens.
Is it of any relevance that when I highlight the CH Data Backup and Code backup it says there are no files in these sections?? or do I need to format the firmware first.
Still Trying but it is trying!
Stevie

satsmo
13th November, 2008, 12:53 AM
CH Data Backup and Code Backup will remain empty until/if you want to back them up. The 1.02 file in downloads has quite a few files in it. You only need the 1.02 bin file and the logo file.

Have you unzipped these as I said above?

stevie6uy
13th November, 2008, 01:53 AM
Yes, I had to download a trial winRaR from rarlab.com.download version 3.80to extract them which I did ( hope this ok?)and went through the process of highlighting in the USB section.It asked for 'data restor' , which I said yes, then the file downloade and the SV4 reboots.After this I tried the scan but still no channels found.Give up for today but not forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stevie

ezop
13th November, 2008, 12:04 PM
if youve managed to flash it correctly then your halfway there.. you can check by pressing menu, then 1570 and see if another menu shows up.

check to make sure the cable lead is in properly and not been pulled out a bit with you removed the usb stick, also make sure the cable 2 coax adapter is screwed in nice and tight (hand tight) and then try and scan a different provider..

stevie6uy
14th November, 2008, 10:08 AM
Hey Guys
Just to let you know i did what you said and got it working late last night (early this morning!) and all ok.
Thanks for your help and advice.
Stevie

instantclassic
28th February, 2009, 11:53 PM
good to hear its up and running how easy is it to use