PDA

View Full Version : p01030 '99 Vectra

estate
25th April, 2010, 08:12 PM
i've got a '99 vectra (X18XE1) that came in as a non runner (p0100 p0110), turns out the earth that supplied the maf and coolant temp sensor had broken down (vx field remedy 2033), fixed that, but car still runs rough, have also replaced the maf and coolant sensor as these were damaged by the earth fault. Now the car runs rough and won't rev freely, it holds back and then seems to rev through it, but then will return to idle at 450rpm and finally cuts out. I'm now getting a p0130 fault code, the o2 sensor seems locked in open loop and i'm getting 4.8v, and it doesn't seem to switch? is it just a faulty sensor?

synkrotronic
25th April, 2010, 08:56 PM
Hi
Disconnect lambda sensor signal wire and see what measurement you have from it,if the voltage is up 1 V with the engine stop,is damage sensor.Or disconnect lambda sensor plug and see values with diagnostic tool.

Regards

oldford
26th April, 2010, 07:58 AM
Or the O2 sensor is telling the truth and the car's mixture is not correct. Measure exhaust gasses.

estate
26th April, 2010, 08:03 AM
what good will that do when there is no real emission control due to the o2 sensor being open loop? surely with a faulty sensor it won't be able to fuel properly? open loop is due to weak mixture isn't it? and 4.8v seems to be maxing out? the maf was changed for a know good one due to having had faulty "new" ones before. Perhaps i'm just reading too much into it and it is a faulty sensor but you know what these bloody vx ecu's are like :D

GolfmkI
26th April, 2010, 12:51 PM
This car has a very common failure ecu. It is mounted directly in the engine directly with 4 screws????
Two connectors????

Most of them have failed, and almost always with this dtc p0130.............change the sensor and also gives p0130????

I am almost sure is an internal failure of the ecu. Last year in my garage.......4 similar issues in same car, solution was to replace ecu, one of them I have repaired.

I only give you info, not seems your ecu is bad.

estate
26th April, 2010, 04:35 PM
today i have replaced the sensor, the fault code cleared, but the car wouldn't start or idle well at all and bangs back through the airbox, and smells very strongly of fuel, also within seconds the exhaust/cat got really really hot very quickly, so for a quick fix i took the lambda out of the downpipe, car responded better, but the eml returned, probably due to the fact it was unscrewed from the downpipe, so then i took the downpipe off completely, and the car responded to throttle much better and idled ok, with lots of noise and periodic eml probably due to the lambda being out of place. so it looks like ecu earth failiure, lead to over fuelling (maf/coolant temp sensor fault), and has damaged the lambda and the cat, atleast i hope that's what it is! :D going to try a cat next...........

estate
26th April, 2010, 08:33 PM
what about the fuel filter? is that a possibility? could cause it to run lean? making the oxy sensor max out to try and compensate?

del635
27th April, 2010, 01:15 PM
This car has a very common failure ecu. It is mounted directly in the engine directly with 4 screws????
Two connectors????

Most of them have failed, and almost always with this dtc p0130.............change the sensor and also gives p0130????

I am almost sure is an internal failure of the ecu. Last year in my garage.......4 similar issues in same car, solution was to replace ecu, one of them I have repaired.

I only give you info, not seems your ecu is bad.
You repaired the ecu? If so what was wrong inside?
:scarf2::scarf2::scarf2::scarf2:

del635
27th April, 2010, 01:17 PM
@OP- No air/vacum leaks? Tank valve ok? Good pressure at rail and injectors all good?

estate
27th April, 2010, 02:15 PM
changed cat and fuel filter still no joy :(, changed tank valve, still no joy :(, ecu?

estate
27th April, 2010, 09:15 PM
changed the fuel pump, changed the egr, traced wiring, no faults. So it's either ecu or could it be crank sensor? the car now won't idle, if you rev it, it splutters, then when the revs drop, they just drop down to the point it stalls.

estate
28th April, 2010, 07:36 PM
although i changed the fuel pump, i didn't change the fuel pressure reg, could this cause this type of symptom?

obdmaster
28th April, 2010, 08:43 PM
Try resetting throttle body m8, using op-com instructions can be found here :
http://opcomforum.yolasite.com/guides-and-info.php

GolfmkI
28th April, 2010, 09:49 PM
You repaired the ecu? If so what was wrong inside?
:scarf2::scarf2::scarf2::scarf2:

Normally resoldering solves the problem, but it depends. The unit is exposed real hot temperatures.Sometimes a smd resistance is literally burned.

estate
29th April, 2010, 02:50 PM
reset throttle, changed fuel pressure reg, changed plugs, runs a hell of a lot better till the eml comes on, p01030 (4) o2 sensor voltage high - present, have checked wiring to it, and the sensor is a brand new NTK one, in the measuring blocks it's staying open loop and between 3,600 -3,900 mv.

GolfmkI
29th April, 2010, 09:59 PM
reset throttle, changed fuel pressure reg, changed plugs, runs a hell of a lot better till the eml comes on, p01030 (4) o2 sensor voltage high - present, have checked wiring to it, and the sensor is a brand new NTK one, in the measuring blocks it's staying open loop and between 3,600 -3,900 mv.

99% ecu is defective.

estate
1st May, 2010, 10:26 PM
right latest development is.............. the full new exhaust system is on now, and it only miss fires and give an EML when cold, then seems to warm up and runs fine. The car was parked up for 5 months due to running issues, so i'm thinking now, possible sticking valve? would this cause the probs i'm getting?

dafdiagnos
1st May, 2010, 10:45 PM
a sticking valve would really stick at any temp & would usually cause the vehicle to smoke quite heavily & sound very rough. it would poissibly be more noticeable on tickover but could clear at higher revs. only real way to tell is to peer in top of engine while turning over by hand on pulley

givusaclue
1st May, 2010, 11:07 PM
christ
there's some sever guesswork/sustitution diagnostics gone on here, it costs about ?60 to get your ecu tested with a 3 day turnaround
wouldn't want your bill!!

Meat-Head
1st May, 2010, 11:12 PM
christ
there's some sever guesswork/sustitution diagnostics gone on here, it costs about ?60 to get your ecu tested with a 3 day turnaround
wouldn't want your bill!!

:roflmao: can just see it now

CUSTOMER: How much, why all these parts
ESTATE: err, umm but well we needed to elinate the other things
to err <FLAPS ARMS>
CUSTOMER: You can take the effing exhaust off, and the effing air freshner, not paying for that

ESTATE: Bbbut, eer urrm ahh, they are err non returnable
CUSTOMER: You will be wearning them soon
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

estate
2nd May, 2010, 10:46 AM
lol!, the only new bits have been lambda and cat, ?120 for both, cat was knackered though, and seeing as the car was a total non runner and now only has a slight miss when cold, and drives fine apart from that, and the car was free, it's not such a bad result, i would of spent more time on it but was easier to swap and replace, being having major work done on the house this week.