PDA

View Full Version : Opel Vectra x20DTL EGR OFF?

exxl
26th April, 2010, 02:04 PM
Hi,

could someone please help me and in this two eeprom files: LL and HH help me to make all EGR functions that ECU is controling OFF?

if someone can help me about this i would be great thankfull.

the ecu number is bosch: 0 281 001 335

GM 90 464 735

best regards

djwacik
26th April, 2010, 09:47 PM
I can help you but as I do not have DAMOS for that exact ECU I am not able to disable whole EGR system. I can make it not requested EGR to open but it will still check the valve after engine start up so it would throw CEL if something is wrong with EGR. You still need to have working EGR on the engine!

del635
27th April, 2010, 01:03 PM
^That method causes a code on these even if the egr is working I'm near sure.
I'm also 99% sure autoscanner opel has the option to turn the egr most of the way off like vag com does with vp 1.9 but I've never tried.

djwacik
27th April, 2010, 07:36 PM
^That method causes a code on these even if the egr is working I'm near sure.
I'm also 99% sure autoscanner opel has the option to turn the egr most of the way off like vag com does with vp 1.9 but I've never tried.

That way is working as I have applied it to Opel cars with engines controlled by EDC15M. No codes.

I am also quite sure there is no such option in Tech 2 to permanently close EGR. And if you are referring to VAG cars - try it on 1Z engine which is controlled by MSA12 ECU. The EGR will still work... Because your are not able to bump requested airflow to a level when it would be closed even idling.

Meat-Head
27th April, 2010, 08:21 PM
just put a blank in the ~~~~er, 5p coin|? and leave the egr valve swinging by it's cable.

ecu gets feed back, no risk of screwing ecu, job done:roflmao:

aatu73
28th April, 2010, 10:40 AM
somebody say that it will causes a code. some years a go i had
astra 1.8 whit gasoline engine in that i just bluget egr and all work just fine.

exxl
28th April, 2010, 12:01 PM
hello friends, thank you all for your interest in this thread. i have tried all of above solution but the egr still trows out a code like - egr insufficient detected and throws the car in the limp mode.

i have give up and send the cars to a mehanic since i am doing only car electronics, to try fixing it maybe some hoses connection gives false air in it or soemthing.

but thank you all for your interested and time to help me i really appreciate that.

regards

Meat-Head
28th April, 2010, 06:07 PM
remove the airfilter and put something over the air inlet, glove, rag, pillow, hand, willy etc and see if it stops, or carries on sucking air.

del635
4th November, 2010, 06:11 PM
That way is working as I have applied it to Opel cars with engines controlled by EDC15M. No codes.

I am also quite sure there is no such option in Tech 2 to permanently close EGR. And if you are referring to VAG cars - try it on 1Z engine which is controlled by MSA12 ECU. The EGR will still work... Because your are not able to bump requested airflow to a level when it would be closed even idling.
I tried this again today for the second time, different car, moved all values to 1300 or whatever it is, within seconds of start no boost and p0400 critical air mass/egr fault, it wasnt an x20 but y20dth. Autoscanner opel as I mentioned has the egr close function for x20 but today I checked with the y20 and it isnt there, any hints????

del635
4th November, 2010, 06:16 PM
Think Ive found solution sorry, only from 2700rpm, doh.

wolfsss
8th January, 2011, 11:30 AM
sorry for stupid question, what hardware you use to read this cars original eeproms ?

bazare
8th January, 2011, 03:22 PM
soldering iron and programer

gerass
2nd February, 2011, 01:09 AM
Check EGR pipe for cloging ECU must see changing of air mas, while EGR is opened.