PDA

View Full Version : Panasonic TV with a SD card slot

caveman_nige
26th April, 2010, 03:11 PM
on the side of some TVs they have a memory card slot which you can use to view photos etc... is there a way of playing downloaded movies on the TV with these cards in these built-in slots etc?

opsmonkey
26th April, 2010, 03:53 PM
from what i can see mate they only play AVCHD, MPEG2 movies and JPEG Photos from the SD cards

caveman_nige
26th April, 2010, 04:19 PM
hmmmm. its my mum who has one of these TVs, I have chucked a downloaded avi onto a card, it could see the file but not play it.. Will have try with some some different formats mpeg2 later. Thanks

westkill
2nd June, 2010, 06:49 AM
i havnt tryed it yet but some links on this page for converter i think :)

http://multiavchd.deanbg.com/

billy2
19th June, 2010, 12:03 AM
any up date on this m8 ?? been trying to get this to work for the last week or so

r3spct
20th August, 2010, 10:26 AM
From the research i did when i got my Panasonic plasma, the card slot if primarily designed for playback of SD cards from Panasonic video/still camera's. The Panasonic camera format the card to a certain file structure and file type, you can format the card with a app, and then convert your video to the correct format, but its a pain and easier to plug your computer in or just get a media player to play avi's.

nara
20th August, 2010, 11:59 AM
From the research i did when i got my Panasonic plasma, the card slot if primarily designed for playback of SD cards from Panasonic video/still camera's. The Panasonic camera format the card to a certain file structure and file type, you can format the card with a app, and then convert your video to the correct format, but its a pain and easier to plug your computer in or just get a media player to play avi's.

I would agree. I spent a lot of time trying to convert files to work, it's just not worth the hassle.

wait4me
21st August, 2010, 12:20 AM
Yeah just as easy to just plug in the vid camera on a hd line and hit play.