PDA

View Full Version : starview "the box"

alanseries1
11th November, 2008, 10:30 PM
Hi Guys I have a problem with my starview 2 The Box the picture starts to degrade over a matter of 5-10 seconds almost to a negative image and then the screen turns blue .I have found by turning the box off with either the remote or power switch the logo returns and then the channel Ive been watching returns. This can happen 3, 4. 5, times and then the box can work as normal for hours without repeating the fault , do you think something is breaking down ? any advice would be helpful Cheers Alan

bkelly95
11th November, 2008, 10:55 PM
Have you tried fiddling with the SCART cable

alanseries1
11th November, 2008, 11:13 PM
makes no difference , just opened the box up and looked at the power supply board one off the components { looks like maybe a cappacitor } the larger dia. one of them all has what looks like a seepage off some sort , making a brown stain around its base ..could be this component

satsmo
11th November, 2008, 11:14 PM
Is it the C11 capacitor?

alanseries1
11th November, 2008, 11:18 PM
dont think so its the one nearest the back off the box and is about 15mm dia its idented 400v 33uf on the body with possibly SHL on as well

satsmo
11th November, 2008, 11:30 PM
Any chance of a pic? You will have to replace it either way, just want to see exactly which one it is. You could up the voltage a bit if required. Maplins should have some in stock.

alanseries1
11th November, 2008, 11:33 PM
I can take a photo tomorrow no digital camera here at the moment thanks for your help

satsmo
11th November, 2008, 11:51 PM
OK no bother, sounds like it can be fixed easy enough if its a cap problem.

alanseries1
12th November, 2008, 01:39 PM
Took box into work am. had our instrument technician take a look at the power supply board and the capacitor I thought was leaking, he said ist a resin to stop the component moving , two other components are held with the same stuff . So I am off to Maplins to get the C11 and C15 capacitors and replace them will post results to night

alanseries1
12th November, 2008, 08:28 PM
Satsmo changed the C11 and C15 capacitors Maplin only had higher voltage replacements C11 is now 16 volts and C15 is now 35 volts touch wood the box has been on for over 3hrs and has not shown any signs of turning its self off so hopefully you have solved the problem Thanks again just ,off to watch the football
Alan

satsmo
13th November, 2008, 12:39 AM
Good news hopefully it stays that way.

alanseries1
30th November, 2008, 01:28 PM
Satsmo pointed me in the right direction with a problem on my box ,picture loss ect [changed 2 capacitors on cpu and cured it] the problem has now returned after 2wks is there any budding electronic wizards out there who can explain whats going on and make an informed judgment as to the next step solving the problem

coolblue
30th November, 2008, 11:18 PM
can i get firmware for starveiw 2 thanks

alanseries1
1st December, 2008, 10:23 AM
you are asking the wrong person if I cant change the oil or hit it with a hammer I realy strugle with electrickery stuff . I assume like me you are waitting to get some kind sole to lead us on a download able programe to flash the box which I gather is also known as starview 2 just hope someone is on the case as we speak as I have even struggeld to get the second lot of codes that telepest changed again yesterday . My main problem is a dodgie component or conection stop starting although touch wood it was ok yesterday after the first 10 mins of playing up . Sorry I cant help Alan