PDA

View Full Version : Ferrari sim cards for DM800 clones

skippydoo
28th April, 2010, 10:21 AM
I have just heard that these new sims will be out in 3-5 weeks, I'm testing one at the moment and the difference is amazing. My old sim2.0 meant I was limited to BL72 based patched images, but now I can use the latest firmware and drivers! Better picture quality, more stable tuner, less glitches and fewer crashes. Also DVB subtitles are now working, and zapping speed is much improved. I am told that these sims will be upgradeable in the box, so when a new BL or secondstage is released, no need to reprogram the sim externally, like the sim2.01... Prices are not finalised, but I've been told they will be around ?25 delivered in UK. A sales site has been launched, pm me for details as I don't want to break any rules :)

bubbles69
28th April, 2010, 10:39 AM
they are already out m8, the ones ukdreamshop has are only for the Hyundai processor dm800hd not the Samsung processor, what are the sims you talk to about for witch processor?

skippydoo
28th April, 2010, 11:02 AM
These are not SIM 2.01 and are upgradeable in the rx, so do not have any requirement for processor compatibility.

This is a new sim card, developed in Europe, which is a boot loader hack, not just a vmlinux patch. All the clone vendors seem to be offering them on new clones as they are a much better long term solution...

And cheaper than the price quoted on ukdreamshop, just 25 quid delivered :)

bubbles69
28th April, 2010, 11:05 AM
any links to the sim?

skippydoo
28th April, 2010, 11:12 AM
hxxp://www.ferrarisimcard.co.cc

southpaw
28th April, 2010, 11:47 AM
will these sims allow us to use images that dont have bomb removed , as per original dm800

also read on the tiddly wink forum that latest drivers can be loaded on sims running ss72 , therefore why buy a ferrari , any other benefits ?

skippydoo
28th April, 2010, 12:13 PM
will these sims allow us to use images that dont have bomb removed , as per original dm800

also read on the tiddly wink forum that latest drivers can be loaded on sims running ss72 , therefore why buy a ferrari , any other benefits ?

You need to use patched images, both the second stage and vmlinux binaries need to be updated, on the 8a8f8 forum, some guys have developed a script for doing this with existing images.

I have read many posts in forums saying you can update to the latest drivers, but every one removes the 2 most important driver files, bcm7401.ko and stb-core.ko, and relies on older versions. Are you saying you can bypass the DM protection in BL75 so you can load original (not patched) drivers on a clone with BL72? News to me if that is possible, as it never has been possible so far...

southpaw
28th April, 2010, 12:19 PM
You need to use patched images, both the second stage and vmlinux binaries need to be updated, on the 8a8f8 forum, some guys have developed a script for doing this with existing images.

I have read many posts in forums saying you can update to the latest drivers, but every one removes the 2 most important driver files, bcm7401.ko and stb-core.ko, and relies on older versions. Are you saying you can bypass the DM protection in BL75 so you can load original (not patched) drivers on a clone with BL72? News to me if that is possible, as it never has been possible so far...

Not saying nothin mate , to be totally honest , i am aint got a clue when it comes to cicumventing any software protection ,
Anyhow thanks for bringing this to my attention , registered on ferrari forum , and sims for sale there at ?20 plus p+p , may take the plunge

southpaw
28th April, 2010, 12:20 PM
FAQ: Ferrari Sim Card

Q. What is the Ferrari Sim Card?
A. The Dreambox DM800 is protected by a security chip similar to the sim card in your mobile phone and is designed to stop clone builders from selling receivers which can run the enigma based software which runs on these boxes. If you have a cloned box, you will know that you are limited to the images you can load on your box, by the version of the bootloader supported by the sim card in your clone. The Ferrari Sim Card is a new sim card which is used in many of the newer clones being manufactured, and offers many benefits over the previous generations of sim cards.

Q. Why buy a Ferrari Sim Card?
A. Unlike the older sim cards SIM1, SIM2 & SIM2.01, this new card allows you to operate your DM800 almost as if it is a genuine box, even if it was previously restricted to BL69, 70, 72 or 75. It is an upgradeable in the box solution, which does not need to be removed from the machine, and reprogrammed each time DM releases new bootloaders, like SIM2.01, and this also means you do not need to buy any special hardware to update your box.

Q. How easy is it to fit?
A. It is as easy to install as a new sim in your phone. Simply open the box cover (4 screws) and pull back the front cover, then flick open the sim carrier with a screwdriver, and replace the existing sim card. It is easier than installing an internal hard drive.

Q. How long will it work?
A. Like everything in the satellite hobby, you cannot guarantee that changes in the future will never stop this device working with updates to the security systems in the software from DM. However, the design of the sim is much more future proofed than the SIM2.01, as the bootloader itself is modified, rather than just the linux kernel. Just as the genuine boxes are upgradable, so will a Ferrari sim card equipped DM800, unless security measures are included to defeat the card. If you have any experience of the satellite hobby, you will understand that this is a good a guarantee as you are ever likely to get http://www.ferrarisimcard.co.cc/yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default/smiley.gif

Q. Do I need a patched image for my DM800?
A. Yes. They are available in the forum.

Q. Can I patch an image myself?
A. It is possible, some scripts are available if you know what you are doing.

Q. How much do they cost?
A. The price of a Ferrari Sim Card is GBP 20 plus postage.

Q. Where can I buy one?
A. The Ferrari Sim Card is only available for end users via this website. Payment is currently available only via PayPal. See here for details.

Q. How long will it take to ship?
A. Orders are sent out via first class post, and should arrive within one working day in the UK, elsewhere will depend on the postal system. We only ship using insured post to protect both parties.

Q. Can I collect my Ferrari Sim Card in person?
A. No.

Q. Can I get a bulk purchase discount?
A. Yes - contact is via the forum.

Q. How will the Ferrari Sim Card be supported?
A. Support is provided in the forum.

Q. It's not working, can I get a replacement?
A. Yes of course, if you have followed the installation guidelines and it still does not function, we will gladly replace your faulty sim. However, if it is found not to be faulty, we will return it back to you, as you have not followed the installation guidelines correctly.

skippydoo
28th April, 2010, 12:30 PM
The Ferrari Sim Card is only available for end users via this website

The highlighted text doesn't copy/paste very well ;)

loncell
20th May, 2010, 08:46 AM
is there anywere in the UK were we can buy a dm800HD with the FERRARI sim ? or the sim on its own ? i prefer UK based rather than china.

bubbles69
20th May, 2010, 08:52 AM
no where sells a dm800hd with a Ferrari sim the Ferrari sim is a customised after market sim...!

Its not really that important its only use to people with old bootloaders such as BL69 who can't upgrade to bl75 or bl76,

all bl75 models are upgradable to bl76 so no need for Ferrari sim if you are buying a bl75 dm800

loncell
20th May, 2010, 09:12 AM
im deliberating between buying a dm800hd clone or a VU+ Duo.
i know its double the cost but i've read reviews and nobody gives it a bad word.
my only snag is , it took god knows how long to get to grips with my dm7020s on CS that im scared i'll ~~~~ everything up setting up the VU+ Duo.
would you say its worth spending the extra and be done or save a few quid and go for the latest dm800hd with gemini 5.0 L3 tuner ?.

bubbles69
20th May, 2010, 11:18 AM
no mate its best to buy it as the bl75 as the only image available at present for the bl76 is Gemini 5, and it is easy to upgrade yourself at a later date from bl75 to bl76, and this is exactly what the guy at ukdreamshop told me..!! witch I appreciated his honestly

carddreamer
27th May, 2010, 06:30 PM
Can anyone PM me where to buy a Ferrari Sim card

imasa
28th May, 2010, 07:50 AM
good at all.
I am Spanish and would be very interested in buying a ferrari sim 2.01, since I have a dm 800 clone bl72.
With this card could climb bl75 and bl76.
please tell me where to buy it even for PM.
thank you all.

bubbles69
28th May, 2010, 07:54 AM
As far im aware the Ferrari sim uses there own patched images you get from them.. it is only use to people with bl72 and below.. but people with the Hyundai processor in the dm800 can just purchase a sim 2.0.1 with bl75 or bl76 on cheap enough anyway

imasa
28th May, 2010, 08:14 AM
I do not then the ferrari official card?
and yet where I can buy in Europe?
if you tell me the link of the two (2.1 and ferrrari sim card) I would appreciate it.
Even for PM.
Thank you.

bubbles69
28th May, 2010, 09:11 AM
im not aloud to post any links get moaned at..!! sorry

southpaw
28th May, 2010, 06:06 PM
Ferrari Smart Card Group Home Page (http://ferrarismartcard.com/contactus.php)

punter987
29th May, 2010, 02:06 AM
never really liked ferraris myself - can we get a petition together to rename it the porsche sim card!? lol

who
29th May, 2010, 11:32 AM
OK i would say don't buy one from these guys as they are taking the P!**, the Ferriar sim is made in EU not china, and they are selling them for $30 usd + $30 usd postage, now thats a joke for a sim card for postage when we can now buy a new clone ?175 delivered in the UK, if we dont but them they will drop the price, the Sim is worth $30 usd but not the postage. total price would be ?42 delivered.

southpaw
29th May, 2010, 12:41 PM
Totally agree Who , if thats the price they want for postage , they are greedy barstards , 30 for the sim seems reasonable tho,
Maybe a group buy would be a good idea ???? would only cost a 1st class stamp once one person had the shipment

who
29th May, 2010, 05:19 PM
i have mail them back to see what that have to say about the postage and to see what it would cost for 10, but looks like pure greed from these guys, i have read else where that this sim from the EU would be less than ?25 delivered but they won't have them for sale till mid june.

Now would it be called Ferrari Sim if chinese had made it or Evo just food for thought.

So its suck it and see i think for now.

southpaw
29th May, 2010, 07:18 PM
i have mail them back to see what that have to say about the postage and to see what it would cost for 10, but looks like pure greed from these guys, i have read else where that this sim from the EU would be less than ?25 delivered but they won't have them for sale till mid june.

Now would it be called Ferrari Sim if chinese had made it or Evo just food for thought.

So its suck it and see i think for now.

thought they were already on sale mate , i know the chinese have access to them , as some 800`s ship with ferrari sim , drop a post here when you get price mate , i may take one , price permitting
regards

carddreamer
30th May, 2010, 07:42 AM
I also think that 30 USD for shipping costs is too high. I will not spend so much money, because my clone is working fine as it is. I have asked them how to pay for the simcard, but they have not answered the question. If they only will accept banktransfer I will warn all people not to buy from them. You have no guarantee that it will show up. But be patience, time will make these cards cheaper.

who
31st May, 2010, 04:44 PM
For sure another sorce will show up soon in uk. I was amazed when asked how much for 10 and was told $600 wow no discount on shipping there and no paypal.

As if i gonna trust them to send them, lol

southpaw
1st June, 2010, 06:48 AM
dont know who you asked Who , but i got this reply when enquiring about 10 sims ,

Dear Sir,

320 is price for 10pcs sim cards including shipping to uk, also pls add paypal fee usd12 by paypal

Rola

that was from official site

works out about ?230 , bit better than ?600 mate

alunfennell
1st June, 2010, 04:11 PM
Still does not address the quality of the clone receiver ! Tuner Issues, faulty parts ! poor processing power and general reliability as deplicted in the first post !

This is a Security measure not a System stability measure, Yes this Sim will allow you to load more up to date images but if you are running any image on unstable hardware this Sim will not change a thing.

And the fall out of this new Sim is Dream will load a counter measure in upcoming images Adios Amigo once again .....

Be Careful

who
1st June, 2010, 04:52 PM
dont know who you asked Who , but i got this reply when enquiring about 10 sims ,

Dear Sir,

320 is price for 10pcs sim cards including shipping to uk, also pls add paypal fee usd12 by paypal

Rola

that was from official site

works out about ?230 , bit better than ?600 mate

seems like their price changes from person to person, but that price would be good, if we could trust them to post them.

As to the clone 800 i have an original and a clone and the clone has less issues than the original, it never over heats (has a heat sink and a fan) will go for weeks with out a reboot. i wish i never wasted my money on the orignal thats for sure. and the picture on an LG 1080p well fantastic.

just buy from a good UK sorce.

Bonesy
2nd June, 2010, 07:59 AM
I agree the clones are better than orginals, I've bl74 running on mine and to be honest, I dont think I'll upgrade it, never mind paying over $50 for some sim named after a car which will do nothing to improve my box.

bubbles69
2nd June, 2010, 09:16 AM
Yes i agree Ferrari sims a waste of money what happens when they stop customising the images to suit the Ferrari sim everyone will be stuck with a dead sim..

southpaw
21st June, 2010, 02:30 PM
anybody interested in this sim , Ferrari team have recommended this UK supplier ,price ?27.23 + p+p

http://www.primusat.co.uk/index.php?page=shop.product_details&category_id=28&flypage=flypage_new.tpl&product_id=67&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=91

BTW , i am not encouraging anybody to buy one , just pointing out were they can be bought , as i have recieved a few pm`s regarding were to buy

alunfennell
22nd June, 2010, 02:31 AM
All these little things are a form of making money out of people, there are plenty of revised images from all the main developers for every Boot-loader under the sun ! There is no need for the Ferrari Sim .....

Dream will work around the FERRARI Sim eventually and it will leave you out of pocket, the original Sim card in a real dreambox is more for Security and authenticity testing which will / has been introduced into all newer models of Dream linked eventually to Software, Applications and server access with the randomly generated verification code currently run by Dream-Multimedia server.

The Bootloader is only there to slow down Images been used on clone receivers, but this is only the start and other Applications and system resources will be added to the original sim once dream phase out older model Dreamboxs leaving them to operate on the older images.

A new Enigma 3 is likely with the release of the 500HD, 800HD-se & 7000-se series all due for release late this year early next year seperating current bootloaders with the older versions on the current 800HD etc.

Your Just waisting your money and effort buying into the Ferrari Sim etc.....

southpaw
22nd June, 2010, 08:47 AM
agreed , its all a cash cow , the banning of Ramimaher from the support forum confirms this , (sim team 2.01 arent happy that he has been cracking all the latest images for 2.01 , as they had hoped to bring out a 2.02 sim to line there pockets , banned him on the accusation of his images brick boxes , lol )
the only benefit i can see in Ferrari sim is they have HD subtitles working

keymaster
17th August, 2010, 12:45 AM
Hi
as the owner of the mentioned shop I am obviously disapointed all you lads feel this way, I do however hope to set the record straight on a few issues. The 888 forum supports all clones, sims, and has for over a year filled a weakness in the market where people were worried about buying clones from China, with little or no support. The forum gives some great info of a technical nature with advice and help on repair to component level.
Although the forum gives advice on 2.01 sim and many other dreambox issues the dedicated server is totally funded by the Ferrari team. I am Told that the Ferrari team intend on releasing their new upgrader program on the forum soon, this will mean that people do NOT have to keep buying new cards. I would not recommend anybody buy the cards until this software comes out, but I hope this would satisfy some of your issues addressed in this thread. I offer live support on my shop and the forum offers similar service, wherever you bought your hardware there or not as we are enthusiasts primeraly.
I am a member of this forum and was long before the other forum came along and this is no way an advert, just wantd to defend myself and the Ferrari team, who by the way are not Chinese.
Key

digitaly
17th August, 2010, 02:27 AM
Sorry guys for this.... Sim cards can be cloned too... can't we just buy one clone it and pass it?
back in the days i had 1 sim vodafone and one silver smartcard cloned...

southpaw
17th August, 2010, 07:44 AM
Hi
as the owner of the mentioned shop (primusat) I am obviously disapointed all you lads feel this way, I do however hope to set the record straight on a few issues. The 888 forum supports all clones, sims, and has for over a year filled a weakness in the market where people were worried about buying clones from China, with little or no support. The forum gives some great info of a technical nature with advice and help on repair to component level.
Although the forum gives advice on 2.01 sim and many other dreambox issues the dedicated server is totally funded by the Ferrari team. I am Told that the Ferrari team intend on releasing their new upgrader program on the forum soon, this will mean that people do NOT have to keep buying new cards. I would not recommend anybody buy the cards until this software comes out, but I hope this would satisfy some of your issues addressed in this thread. I offer live support on my shop and the forum offers similar service, wherever you bought your hardware there or not as we are enthusiasts primeraly.
I am a member of this forum and was long before the other forum came along and this is no way an advert, just wantd to defend myself and the Ferrari team, who by the way are not Chinese.
Key

Thanks for advice key , nice to see a honest seller with good advice , not just out to line there own pockets ,

keymaster
17th August, 2010, 10:12 AM
Hi
Thank you south, I am glad you took my post in spirit it was meant. I was worried it would be missunderstood or seen as an advert. I have been trading for some months and made no attempt to spam this or any other forum. read my feedback on the 888 forum or on my website, I spend most of my day giving assistance to non customers or worse, other peoples customers lolol. at end of day I have to make a profit though, I am a legit business paying tax and i got to keep my work shy teenagers, I was upset people thought I was greedy, I sell about 4-8 sims a day and make about a bloody fiver on them ....let me tell you that doesnt pay the mortgage....I only got them in as I read so many posts on forum asking for a UK seller. I don't want to push my luck and will not mention my website but on live help there or pm here I would be sympathetic to Kaos members as far a discount goes.
Also I am happy helping people who bought inferior products elsewhere lololol... ok I not push my luck any further.
thanks again
Key

southpaw
17th August, 2010, 11:30 AM
Dont think the lads comments were aimed at your good self mate , think they were more directed at the manufatures of the sims ,
I only linked your website as i have recieved PM`s requesting a supplier of Ferrari sims , and google brought yours out the hat , wasnt linked in a malicious way mate ,
:top:

andy91
17th August, 2010, 12:44 PM
I currently have a clone Dm 800 hd with Ferrari sim with blackhole image and find it ok so dont know any difference.

Hi Key,can see you stock Dm 800s,whats your total price with delivery thanks.
Think theres a few members on here looking for Dm 800s with good support and UK based.

Andy.

keymaster
17th August, 2010, 01:13 PM
I currently have a clone Dm 800 hd with Ferrari sim with blackhole image and find it ok so dont know any difference.

Hi Key,can see you stock Dm 800s,whats your total price with delivery thanks.
Think theres a few members on here looking for Dm 800s with good support and UK based.

Andy.
hi
I dont want to jeopordise my membership of forum ...maybe we better take it to PM, but to give you an idea, depends if you in UK, and if you can save enough the DM8000 is muchus better...I can give u discount of a tenner on the 800 and more on the Dm8000, postage in UK is under a tenner.( think that makes me cheapest in eu but for forum members only)
thanks
Key

andy91
17th August, 2010, 01:28 PM
Thanks for that Key,alot of Sat traders have had some bad press of late so will be nice if any members who have dealt with you post their comments.
Im certainly looking for a couple of boxes for friends of mine so im interested.

Thanks for the quick replies

Andy.

southpaw
19th August, 2010, 12:07 PM
Ferrari released software today to allow there cards to run latest unpatched images ,
18/08/2010 SSL76F for DM800 box released. SSL76F download here. What is SSL76F? It is small loader made for DM800 receiver with Ferrari cards you can use any Genuine DM800 Linux NFI image with all the features of Genuine card. Up now and on you can use any DM800 image w/o any patch, online latest drivers update available, all interesting plugins like mytube etc. are now and on availabe w/o any patch. So there is no need to keep full database of Linux NFI files for your Ferrari DM800 filled by patches here. Use freely any of your favourite DM800 image. We will keep our download section database up-to-date by some major releases only to be able to find and download easy way for our customers.

Summarize:

SSL76A by SIM201 team can not work w/o patches with latest images, can not work with pythons apps w/o patches...

SSL76F by Ferrari team - ohhhh lucky all Ferrari Smart Card owners. By this SSL76F there is no difference between GENUINE Smart Card and Ferrari Smart Card. All works like charm, no patches necessary anymore, simply upload any Genuine NFI image followed by SSL76F and that is.

southpaw
22nd August, 2010, 02:43 PM
little quote i found on another forum , for anybody who is debating which is best

As for card, I would strongly suggest Ferrari card, because it has a full support forum, experts from Ferrari team will always help you there. And you can update card without taking it out of the box. It's a real card working on all boxes.
SIM 2.01 has very bad support . There was period when no images were released by SIM 2.01 team, but Ferrari team always released images by user request. And SIM 2.01 is not a real smart card (emulated one), so time may come when it cannot be updated, it's not working with older boxes.
So as you see it's a better idea to go for Ferrari

Pittsey
29th August, 2010, 10:01 PM
To all. I don't post very often and have been away from the sat scene for a year for personal reasons. But I wanted to give positive feedback for primusat. I was directed to his site from another forum and entered a discount code if been told about. It turns out the discount code didn't actually apply to the item I'd purchased. He honoured the discount after we spoke via email, even though I didn't deserve it and even though I offered to pay the difference. So I think that deserves a mention. I am yet to receive the box, obviously. But I don't foresee any problems. I am looking forward to getting to play with my box and ferrari sim. Top man.

soneca
20th September, 2010, 04:47 PM
Good
Anyone can send PM's shop where you can purchase SimCard Ferrari

Respects

dave-h
20th September, 2010, 05:23 PM
Good
Anyone can send PM's shop where you can purchase SimCard Ferrari

RespectsPrimusat.co.uk (http://www.primusat.co.uk/)

(http://www.primusat.co.uk/)

gsmtech
20th September, 2010, 07:36 PM
I dont rate Ferarri cards at all...SIM2.01 is leading and generally always has been.

SIM2.01 were the 1st to release a bootloader to allow orignal unpatched images to run on clones with bootloader 76a.

Ferarri team attempted the same a week or so later with their bootloader 76F which has been a flop...lots of reported bugs, segmentation faults images crashing or not working etc..

Since then SIM2.01 have released bootloaders 76B and 76C with bugfixes and many more original images working without issue. Also support for some older SIM1 based Samsung flash chip clones.

Ferarri team have yet to fix the bugs in bootloader 76F and are due to release bootloader 76FF (probably a copy of SIM2.01 team 76c bootloader...)

Also throw into the mix SIM2.01 based boxes ship with better cooling solutions, heatsinks and fans pre-installed...I havent seen any clones sold with Ferarri cards having heatsinks or fans...

Ferarri team and their clone factories are going to have to prove why exactly we should buy their product rather than SIM2.01 based clone...at the moment SIM2.01 team is definitely ahead...

bubbles69
20th September, 2010, 11:36 PM
Yes sim 2.01 is best..!

master64nl
11th October, 2010, 04:00 PM
I read the post and now I did not know what clone DM800HD to buy and where to buy .
Sim2.01 or ferrari sim?
For example here Ferrari Smart Card Group Home Page (http://ferrarismartcard.com/contactus.php) or here World's No.1 HD satellite receiver - DM8000 (http://www.primusat.co.uk/)

Please advise?

dave-h
11th October, 2010, 06:34 PM
I read the post and now I did not know what clone DM800HD to buy and where to buy .
Sim2.01 or ferrari sim?
For example here Ferrari Smart Card Group Home Page (http://ferrarismartcard.com/contactus.php) or here World's No.1 HD satellite receiver - DM8000 (http://www.primusat.co.uk/)

Please advise? I've used Primusat a few times now, and service/support is excellent...

southpaw
11th October, 2010, 06:39 PM
i am a sim 2.01 user myself and been pretty happy with support from them ,however i recommended primusat to a mate , who bought it (dm800) , i have the box here now to setup for him , and can honestly say it blows my box out the water
1 , no glitching on hd (same dish and cable as my sim 2.01 with glitching)
2 , totally silent , no fans , and doesnt seem to overheat
3 , the build quality is much better than my 2.01 box
4 , the hd picture is sharper on the ferrari box

i am gettin rid of my 2.01 box , and switching to a primusat ferrari box , for the reasons above , also ferrari have 76FF now , which seems stable and no issues i have seen running gemini 5.1

master64nl
11th October, 2010, 07:41 PM
I have already an DM800HD clone with sim 2.01. I am not so handy like you guys but so far so good. Played HD films via usb HD. Only the DTS sound become 5.1 but the HD movies are perfect. Or did you mean HD films via dish?
I already cabled the house for 4 several satellite points with network. Al the points are working and now I need 3 more DM`s
I want a DM8000HD in the livingroom and 3 DM800HD to the other rooms.

So ferrari beats 2.01?
And which web-shop does`t matter?
I live in Holland so shipping costs are in order.

dave-h
11th October, 2010, 08:01 PM
ferrari have 76FF now , which seems stable and no issues i have seen running gemini 5.1 ssl76FF-v3 is available now and most if not all the bugs have been sorted now - not that i've had any issues, tbh...

andy91
11th October, 2010, 08:58 PM
My box has a Ferrari sim and i must say it doesnt need a fan stays cool and ive had no problems with my DM 800HD.

Will also say ive dealt with Primusat and bought two boxes and both have been superb,great price and express delivery,

Andy,

setfiretorain
11th October, 2010, 09:14 PM
http://www.primusat.co.uk/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=garden_flypage.tpl&product_id=65&category_id=6&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=91&lang=en

Great package for the price from primusat. Just got my self one.

alunfennell
11th October, 2010, 11:30 PM
Well the current 800HD is coming to the end of its life once the New DB800 HD-se is released this side of Christmas.

Support and Images will start to stop and support will fall off very fast in the New year for the Current 800HD as it starts to be decommissioned.

It does not really matter any more which Bootloader is installed or if you use a Ferrari Sim or not, because the New Images for the New 800HD-SE will be totally different and you will not be able to use the New .NFI image on the older 800HD receivers anyway.

I would suggest live with what you have and don't waist your money as the support falls of for this receiver over the coming months.

manxspud
11th October, 2010, 11:53 PM
This is just me thinking aloud here :

if you are happy with the image does it really matter!!!!!

i mean is it necessary to upgrade the img ect every 5 mins,
will it make a difference to what the box can do in regards to (well you know lol).

Answers on a postcard please lol

@manx

setfiretorain
12th October, 2010, 12:05 AM
you speak sense !

suprsin
12th October, 2010, 12:09 AM
thanks for this

the man
12th October, 2010, 12:58 AM
This is just me thinking aloud here :

if you are happy with the image does it really matter!!!!!

i mean is it necessary to upgrade the img ect every 5 mins,
will it make a difference to what the box can do in regards to (well you know lol).

Answers on a postcard please lol

@manx

im still happy with my 500s

I think its a g8 time to buy a 800hd with the prices down to ?140ish with p&P has to be worth it imho

there aways something new comming out, if you like some thing and it works just get it , tomorow may never come

dave-h
12th October, 2010, 10:21 AM
im still happy with my 500sMe too, and there's still plenty of support out there for it ,despite not being manufactured for over two yearslol

master64nl
12th October, 2010, 01:07 PM
I have already an DM800HD clone with sim 2.01. I am not so handy like you guys but so far so good. Played HD films via usb HD. Only the DTS sound become 5.1 but the HD movies are perfect. Or did you mean HD films via dish?
I already cabled the house for 4 several satellite points with network. Al the points are working and now I need 3 more DM`s
I want a DM8000HD in the livingroom and 3 DM800HD to the other rooms.

So ferrari beats 2.01?
And which web-shop does`t matter?
I live in Holland so shipping costs are in order.

Southpaw? Or anyone else?
Anyone ever bought something here http://ferrarismartcard.com/contactus.php there really cheap.

master64nl
13th October, 2010, 10:31 AM
Is this to delicate to discuss?

My motivation is that I want to buy some DM800 and one DM8000 clone.

cdr
13th October, 2010, 12:02 PM
Is this to delicate to discuss?

My motivation is that I want to buy some DM800 and one DM8000 clone.

you can get them if you want.. a word of advise you need to be technical mind it...other way you will run in to prob :listen:

master64nl
13th October, 2010, 03:22 PM
I am a Medical Engineer, will that help :champions:

southpaw
13th October, 2010, 07:37 PM
Southpaw? Or anyone else?
Anyone ever bought something here Ferrari Smart Card Group Home Page (http://ferrarismartcard.com/contactus.php) there really cheap.

they will forward you to primusat mate World's No.1 HD satellite receiver - DM8000 (http://www.primusat.co.uk/) , as he is there uk dealer , provided your in uk that is

cdr
14th October, 2010, 11:57 AM
I am a Medical Engineer, will that help :champions:

if you feeling bit clever then go for it M8

master64nl
15th October, 2010, 01:55 PM
Is had nothing to do with clever. I already had myn DM800 apart because of the noise of the mini fan inside. They are very simple build an easy to dismantle but be careful the quality is not as good as the original.
It`s about ordering and getting your stuff and no tricks of loosing your money.

snappy1
15th October, 2010, 02:05 PM
I have DM800 with Ferrari sim. So far only bootloader 69# works. Problem now is that my box's network is not working propery anymore so I try to instal anothe image and bootloader.

master64nl
12th November, 2010, 07:05 AM
To make it easy-er I bought 3 DM800HD with sim2.01 and just ordered one DM8000HD with Ferrari :ridinghorse:

h-magic
22nd February, 2011, 11:43 AM
To make it easy-er I bought 3 DM800HD with sim2.01 and just ordered one DM8000HD with Ferrari :ridinghorse:

How ou getting on with the boxes?
Which is best?
As am about to purchase one very soon

miro666
22nd February, 2011, 10:54 PM
how to buy ferrari sim

miro666
22nd February, 2011, 11:09 PM
how to buy ferrari sim from this site

tubs
23rd February, 2011, 06:47 PM
what channels do i get with a ferrari sim card

mdt
23rd February, 2011, 06:55 PM
what channels do i get with a ferrari sim card

the same channels as with sim 2.01, regards mdt

steffmak
14th October, 2011, 03:47 PM
Can anyone tell where i can get hold of a sim card programmer as my sim card needs to be re-programmed

Thanks

Steff