PDA

View Full Version : starview 1 firmware

bassie_fb
12th November, 2008, 06:41 AM
Hi to all
I am a new member, can anyone help me with software downloads for both the original and clone boxes?

mil2004
12th November, 2008, 02:26 PM
1. First check the back does it look like one of these?
If it looks like copy dont worry yet, you might have 1st generation starview the copy had to be cloned from something right!

If it looks like the other you have nothing to worry about this is current starview back and not cloned yet..

2. Ok next check remote

If your remote looks like copy above it's not looking good 99% chance you have a clone.

If you have the starview back with copy on from pics above but have 1st gen remote then your ok you have 1st starview ever made

3. To check further ive aquired some photo's of both clone and 1st gen motherboards

(3 philips screws need to be removed from back to open)

First picture is clone the heatsink on cpu differs to original also capacitor's arn't straight also seems to be more capacitor's on psu board

Ive circled these now lets play spot the difference looked at 2 of these clone motherboards and both same.

Also note the red plastic blobs covering clone boxs screws

And last is close up of the clone board chip to the left of cpu.

On the Original this is made by samsung also note the writing below that

this has a extra line the original only has GCR3510CX REV.B

WARNING USE CLONE MODIFIED FIRMWARE AT YOUR OWN RISK! THEY DONT HAVE SORCE CODE SO THIS FIRMWARE CANNOT BE GURANTEED

Due to the lack of support for clones and firmware that kills them i thought this might help

Get it here --> http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/starview/23/starview-1-fix-clone-safe-18-4-8-177/ New 257 fixed.bin with keys autorol like v4 for clones

This firmware is working and has been in use to date with no clone deaths.

satsmo
12th November, 2008, 05:15 PM
Thanks for that. I have edited your post as the Cryptstar file is here in downloads. There is plenty of support for SV1 clones they are just a bit outdated but still widely in use. Easiest way to tell if its a clone is by the heatsink on the CPU.

Best thing to do as said is use Crypstar 257 on any SV1 you are unsure of.

bassie_fb
12th November, 2008, 10:11 PM
Thanks for the excellent response, I will check this out

gushto
9th December, 2008, 07:58 PM
Thanks for the excellent response, I will check this out

Thanks for the info!

Dr Evil
9th December, 2008, 10:50 PM
Thanks for that. I have edited your post as the Cryptstar file is here in downloads. There is plenty of support for SV1 clones they are just a bit outdated but still widely in use. Easiest way to tell if its a clone is by the heatsink on the CPU.

Best thing to do as said is use Crypstar 257 on any SV1 you are unsure of.
Hi Satsmo,
I am trying to help a couple of old farts that have Starview 1 (clones). I am only familiar with linux boxes and so I am struggling. I have downloaded the "FIXED DD 281108.bin" file and "ENVISION-Simple" loader (which I assume is for the sv1) and each time I try to "Send Code" from the loader app I get a message saying "The downloading is not requested."? I have tried powering on the box whilst clicking start and at other maybe oppertune moments to no avail. I also tried to flash the file using GTromV4.0, but it doesn't seem to detect the box type, and I can't seem to spoof the field with a text entry of the image filename.
Again, sorry if I am being a complete tit here, I really have no experiance with these boxes and any direction would be most appreciated.

Rob

satsmo
9th December, 2008, 11:03 PM
That firmware is for a DDigital do not use it on an SV1, genuine or clone. There is no fix as of yet, other than manual key update.

jumpinjo
9th December, 2008, 11:09 PM
There is no fix as of yet, other than manual key update.

there is a fix but it aint public yet

satsmo
9th December, 2008, 11:14 PM
Yes I know and have said that already in the last, "Where Is the SV1 fix" thread, which is now closed.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f83/dear-santa-fix-our-starview-1s-christmas-19239/index2.html#post97112

toto67
9th December, 2008, 11:15 PM
@Satsmo, is the fix ok to do on cloned boxes m8? Heard something about not being able to flash these...cheers

satsmo
9th December, 2008, 11:18 PM
Until SunRise (or others who are working on it) release it, I cannot say for sure. But there were separate fixed bins for a clone and genuine in the last fix. I assume it will be the same again.

toto67
9th December, 2008, 11:21 PM
Until SunRise (or others who are working on it) release it, I cannot say for sure. But there were separate fixed bins for a clone and genuine in the last fix. I assume it will be the same again.
No problemo m8.Just had spoke to someone who had mentioned that the clones fix wouldnt work with the new fix that was due out and that basically they were ~~~~ed.But hopefully not..Thanks m8:top:

seve
24th January, 2009, 07:45 PM
i have same problem

bellysterous
5th August, 2009, 10:39 PM
I have same issues box is a clone :bawling:

rick_sp
8th February, 2010, 01:50 AM
i need help. my box has gone off and i dont know whats going on. im ready to download the latest firmware. i have starview 1. will updating the firmware fix everything?

unadkat
8th February, 2010, 05:42 AM
i need help. my box has gone off and i dont know whats going on. im ready to download the latest firmware. i have starview 1. will updating the firmware fix everything?

yes it will mate. However if you based in leeeds, ireland or yorkshire then there is no fix.

Due to the fact that they have changed the stream encryption to N3.

Download the Crypstar and make sure u download the clone safe image as that works on a genuine and a clone box.

regards
:champions:

cactikid
8th February, 2010, 11:38 PM
why is everybody so keen to reflash boxes,there are loads of boxes gone down and lost a few channels,check with provider first for problems,9 times out of 10 a factory reset and auto scan and emu to on usually fixes it.

HotHead
14th February, 2010, 08:54 PM
hi. i would like to know if there's still a firmware update for the starview rev.1 2007.03.02?.

cactikid
14th February, 2010, 09:50 PM
there will be no updates for sv1,2 or 3. old boxes

zunuu
9th March, 2010, 11:33 PM
can any one tell me if got the latest software for ddgital plus box because I still missing some chanel please any one

fariduk
22nd March, 2010, 01:49 PM
my laptop doesnt have the conncetion? how can i connect my box to my laptop? thanks