PDA

View Full Version : MERCEDES VITO cdi 2002 no key

thewizardofodds
28th April, 2010, 10:49 PM
Have the chance at buying a MERCEDES VITO cdi 2002 thats a repo job and is cheap but problem is there is no key.
company thats selling it has been quoted stupid money from dealers to sort out and just want shot really.
Now I've been into CHIPPING things since back in the day and hace amassed various bits and bobs over the years(programers , hot air tools etc etc etc)
Recently I've been looking at ECU, Immo off stuff etc just through curiosity really but realised I have a fair bit of things that can be used for this purpose.
Anyway I've only had a wee look about tonight re the merc but reckon that it could be possible for me to read the chip to get the transponder key , get new lock barrels and keys and get keys programmed from dump.
Not looking to be spoonfed here just want to know if it can be done and basically what I need to be done.(breifly as I enjoy finding things out myself, enjoy a wee challenge! lol)
Any help greatly appreciated.
cheers

squirrelbandy
28th April, 2010, 11:01 PM
when i do lost keys on these i remove door lock and make key , then remove immo box above clocks read data from chip and make transponder to start the vehicle hoping there were no issues already :laugh:

thewizardofodds
29th April, 2010, 03:40 PM
Thanks for reply. Can you tell me what chip is in the ecu please mate.
Also been thinking it has no keys for a reason ie the engine is knacked or summit.

PremierD
29th April, 2010, 03:44 PM
Thanks for reply. Can you tell me what chip is in the ecu please mate.
Also been thinking it has no keys for a reason ie the engine is knacked or summit.

Should be a 95P08 ...mate

thewizardofodds
29th April, 2010, 03:53 PM
Should be a 95P08 ...mate
Cheers for swift reply mate.
Think my willem should read that chip. Have to check.

squirrelbandy
29th April, 2010, 11:15 PM
the 95p08 is the erpom in ecu . this is not needed if you are going to make keys from immo unit.