PDA

View Full Version : Security Message

lostwalker
12th November, 2008, 03:05 PM
There is a warning message on screen.....can the use of the SV4 box be traced??

ezop
12th November, 2008, 04:50 PM
There is a warning message on screen.....

Dont worry its perfectly normal , you only dont see it using your providers box because there box blocks that channel

can the use of the SV4 box be traced??

this is open for debate

In theory NO it can not because the SV box prevent talkback so your provider doesnt know you have a feed, if it did talkback then they would block channels you didnt pay for. ( hence the need for a smart card )

BUT i've seen on other forums that some people claim to have had a letter from VM stating that they are using an illegal box and have been warned them to use there box that was supplied or there service will be discontinued allegedly.

Until i see it on the news or get a letter myself i'll continue to use my 2 SF4 boxes ( also there not illegal because they were sold as free-2-air boxes )

lostwalker
12th November, 2008, 06:22 PM
Dont worry its perfectly normal , you only dont see it using your providers box because there box blocks that channel

this is open for debate

In theory NO it can not because the SV box prevent talkback so your provider doesnt know you have a feed, if it did talkback then they would block channels you didnt pay for. ( hence the need for a smart card )

BUT i've seen on other forums that some people claim to have had a letter from VM stating that they are using an illegal box and have been warned them to use there box that was supplied or there service will be discontinued allegedly.

Until i see it on the news or get a letter myself i'll continue to use my 2 SF4 boxes ( also there not illegal because they were sold as free-2-air boxes )

Thanks for the info.....I started to think I had wasted my money, if I get a letter I will update the forum.