PDA

View Full Version : dm800

john1509
29th April, 2010, 05:50 PM
hi guys my mate is looking at buying a dm800 he has seen some on the net but there clone ones. has anyone ever bought one off these are the tuners in them ok. its like half the price as the origanal tx

Bulld0g
29th April, 2010, 06:00 PM
I havent had any probs with my clone :)

bubbles69
29th April, 2010, 06:48 PM
Excellent no probs with mine and they run cooler than the orignals that are prone to getting very hot..!, some people require the amp if they have a smaller dish or long cable run...

Curious123
29th April, 2010, 08:57 PM
I brought my clone about 10 days and I have had to return the tuner. The clones are cheap and you have about 60:40 chance of them working as expected.

hionchee
2nd May, 2010, 12:50 AM
Had mine for a few months now - initially lot of freezing. Here's how I resolved my initial issues with signal.

1) Changed Image to Nabilo Black Hole - slight improvemet over Gemini
2) Installed In Line Signal amp - little or no difference
3) Upgraded to a 60 CM dish for 18 quid from E*ay - Signal Strength always shows above 80% - All Problems Solved

It took me a few weeks to get all the above in place, but since the dish upgrade - I have Rock Solid, freeze / glitch free picture :)

I'd recommend DM800 clones, but please be aware that the tuners are a little naff. There is a new tuner - Version L3 but even that's had mixed reviews.