PDA

View Full Version : technomate tm-1000d any good?

makumlad
30th April, 2010, 03:04 AM
i have been offered a tm-1000d super box. are they any good? i was intending to replace my recently deceased cable boxes with freesat as i know nothing about satellite systems and looking for a easy setup. is it worth the extra effort setting up the technomate as i am not interested in sport (well unless you can play with a pint in your hand) but it would be nice to get a few more extra channels. any advice appreciated

firestorm
30th April, 2010, 05:11 AM
they were a good box but old hat now with no support i think they first came out in 2004 and then preseeded by the 1500 model the support for thes boxes has now stopped

av2008
30th April, 2010, 10:24 AM
It was a very good box in its day. I still use it to move my motor and search for fringe signals because its got the best tuner of all the receivers I have. If your not interested in HDTV and only want fta channels its still not a bad box. It can be had for as little as 30 quid on ebay.

kegnkiwi
30th April, 2010, 10:31 AM
If you can be bothered and I mean seriously bothered this box can still open a few packages. Digi tv using emu and keys and bulsat and canal NL and even nova (when keys are available) via sssp. This would mean having the box connected to your pc constantly though.

dick b
30th April, 2010, 12:35 PM
yeah I"ve still got an old tm1000d and its great,user friendly as are all the latest technomate std boxes.Sat is going to be a bit more complicated than cable.I"ve got patches for that box and the softcams that are still putout suit all TM std boxes.(but you will need to motorise for them to be of use)if you have a sky dish on your house the tm will just about be plug and play for 28.2E.I"d have a read of the stickies in both this section and the technomate section.but unless you intend to c/s(which is not discussed on this forum)do not buy a linux based box they are more difficult to set up and not so user friendly as the std boxes.