PDA

View Full Version : Motorised dish AND Fixed dish together on Dreambox

hoopy1888
12th November, 2008, 08:29 PM
Hi folks, I wrote this for another forum, thought I'd share it here in case anyone needs the same setup as me! It explains how to setup a motorised dish and a fixed dish using the diseqc settings on the dreambox.

Equipment: Dreambox 600, Gemini 4.2.0, Moteck DiseqC motor, 1m fortec dish (motorised), 1 Standard **** Digital dish, 2 cables running from both dishes into my living room, 1 extra piece of short cable, 4 way DiseqC switch and that's it methinks...

Connect the cable coming from the motor to LNB input 1 on the DiseqC switch. (the switch seems to ignore this input if it is a motor, and this is the trick behind it all - i think!!)

Connect the cable coming from the fixed dish to, you got it... input 2 on the Disecq switch.

The output then goes to the dreambox, using your short piece of cable.

That is the hardware dealt with, now the software bit.

Everything remains setup as for standard motorised system in the Gemini software.

* So in menu > setup > service searching > Sat configuration it should read "Many Satellites via DiseqC rotor" (this will change automatically later)

* What I then did was find 28e (or whatever your fixed dish may be) in this sat config menu.

* Highlight the '0' (zero) next to the name of the satellite. ie LNB column. Press the OK button and this takes you into another menu.

* Change Sat/LNB mapping to LNB1
* Hit BLUE for next page
* Toneburst remains NONE
* Change DiseqC mode to VERSION 1.0
* Change DiseqC parameter to A/B
* Save the settings and this will change the sat config menu to "non standard user defined config"

Now the glitches.... it seems to set the settings in menu > setup > service searching > motor setup to use gotoX by default. I don't use this as I don't like it, so I have unticked this. This will then give you your list back of previously stored satellites. What you then might need to do is reload the channel lists using captains settings or similar.

When you do that...try switching between a 28e channel and a favourite motorised channel. It can take a while for the command to go to the motor (about 30 secs sometimes) but it works and i'm playing with the settings to see if I can get it better.