PDA

View Full Version : Galletto 1260 Not reading ECU data

TdiTaff
30th April, 2010, 10:59 PM
Hi,
I'm a newbie here and joined to post this problem.
I've tried searching various forums for a solution to no avail.

PC: IBM Thinkpad T42P with XPpro
Car: 2005 Mk4 VW Golf 1.9 PD TDi
Galletto 1260 Cables Purchased from 'Cablebrowser' on Ebay from Hong Kong.

Followed setup instructions to the letter; Copied disk to Laptop HDD, Connected cable, red light illuminated and installed driver correctly.
Connected cable, switch on Ignition to position 2, start Galletto software, select Golf 4 1.9PD, with Maker (VW) and Driver (VW 1900 Bosch EDC 15 P 29F400) selected.
Press ECU Data button, "Start Data Recording" is displayed, the screen flickers briefly (as if something is working) and the cursor turns to hourglass (indicating work in progress).
From there nothing seems to happen!
Opening Task Manager shows the Process NEW_SERIALexe switching between 0% and 81% usage about every 1 to 2 seconds.
No progress bar is displayed and percentage progress stays at 0%.
I have waited in this situation many times for as long as 10 minutes with the same outcome.
I have also tried connecting in a different order, starting software and then connecting, multiple modifications of the connecting/startup order but the outcome is still the same, the ECU data is not read.

This leads me to the possibility of a defective cable.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

kevfield
30th April, 2010, 11:07 PM
Remove cluster fues F15 and try to read.

Thanks kev

eiertoni
1st May, 2010, 07:26 AM
Hello, i have the same problem to read the ECU flash by my Audi A4 2.0 TDI DPF -2007.
ECU Info Data read OK !!but error read flashdata from ECU...can annyone help?

thanks to all

pawliukazz
1st May, 2010, 07:41 AM
1. you may want to try software downloaded somewhere else. (you can use mine attached. i made it myself, working 100% for me).

2. You may want to try is it working with Galletto 1250 software

3. You may want to try this on different car.

Tommy123Tommy
1st May, 2010, 08:31 AM
it sounds like problem or how long you have hour glass ?
Some take longer than other to read

eiertoni
1st May, 2010, 06:12 PM
Hi,if i take the button READ ECU comes after 10 seconds " Errora Addrread"
what's happend...???

thanks...for any help

eiertoni

TdiTaff
1st May, 2010, 11:51 PM
UPDATE:
Removed fuse 15 - same outcome.
Downloaded and installed new software & driver (from a reply in this thread) - Upon Start Data Reading... "Opening Port Impossible" message is displayed.

Any help or other suggestions would be very welcome, thanks.

xbyte
2nd May, 2010, 05:24 AM
I think i had to remove fuse 11 or 12, cant remember for shure, but it was the fuse for instrument cluster.

I was able to do a readout with galletto on golf4 pd ARL, but was not able to write with galletto, so i ended up using kwp2000+ which was perfect, it even popped up with a message about which fuse to remove.

eiertoni
2nd May, 2010, 08:19 AM
Hi, the Downloaded and installed new software & driver (from a reply in this thread) clears not the problem....
" Errora Addrread" at reading ECU flash :-((
??

pawliukazz
2nd May, 2010, 06:01 PM
UPDATE:
Removed fuse 15 - same outcome.
Downloaded and installed new software & driver (from a reply in this thread) - Upon Start Data Reading... "Opening Port Impossible" message is displayed.

Any help or other suggestions would be very welcome, thanks.

If " Error opening port" is displayed, then it means you probably have Galletto 1250, NOT 1260! Otherwise it's a cable defect....

TdiTaff
2nd May, 2010, 09:20 PM
I was originally using 1260, then tried 1250 from a suggestion. It seems there is little difference (based on many posts) only that 1260 will work with Vista. As i'm using XP Pro it hopefully won't matter.
I'm trying to rule out every other possibility before coming to the defective cable conclusion.
I'm going to try removing fuse 11 as well as 15 (both Instrument Cluster fuses), uninstalling driver and installing FTDI driver that was suggested.
I'll update as soon as i've tried this.

TdiTaff
3rd May, 2010, 01:10 AM
UPDATE 2:
Updated the driver and that seemed to be a good move as it changed the USB Driver in Device Manager to a USB serial device in COM port.
Removed fuse 11 as well as 15, that gave no power to Instrument cluster ie. no lights/indicators of any sort on panel - Still wasn't able to read ECU data.
Tried it with just Fuse 15 removed and again still no ECU read.
Used both 1250 and 1260 software and no change in the outcome.
I am therefore erring towards a defective cable.

pawliukazz
3rd May, 2010, 12:20 PM
UPDATE 2:
Updated the driver and that seemed to be a good move as it changed the USB Driver in Device Manager to a USB serial device in COM port.
Removed fuse 11 as well as 15, that gave no power to Instrument cluster ie. no lights/indicators of any sort on panel - Still wasn't able to read ECU data.
Tried it with just Fuse 15 removed and again still no ECU read.
Used both 1250 and 1260 software and no change in the outcome.
I am therefore erring towards a defective cable.
well it's probably defective cable... try to get your refund and buy another one...

amm maybe try again with another computer, not IBM... i have no other ideas....

jacko4
28th May, 2010, 04:56 PM
Hi, the Downloaded and installed new software & driver (from a reply in this thread) clears not the problem....
" Errora Addrread" at reading ECU flash :-((
??

downloaded thank you

JBL-GG
29th May, 2010, 09:09 PM
Im sure thats a good idea to try it with another pc too, cause
i have this problem when im using my netbook with usb 2.0 ports, then i tried it with my old siemens amilo with usb 1.0 ports and
since then all worked perfectly....

Also try it when you choose VW Lupo 1.4 and choose bassa/slow.. just if you have a 29F400 ECU... this helps very good!

Regards

banditos
9th June, 2010, 08:33 PM
Hi all!
I have problem with my galletto 1260,golf 2002 tdi, ATD
it cant read the ecu,nothing happens.I'm not sure how to install the driver.just simply click on the FTDIUNIN.EXE?
Anyone can help?

HGV_DIAG
10th June, 2010, 12:10 AM
That un installs ftdi drivers...

I have similar problems but have installed drivers correctly.

Crowds
10th June, 2010, 12:06 PM
getting the 4.5 sec load issue on the kmp2000 help :S

maximus1980
13th June, 2010, 12:09 AM
Hello

I have same problem when trying to read sharan 2.0 TDI 140 with edc16 u31/34 ecu using galletto 1260.

Will not read at all.

Any help would be appreciated

johnnyhonda
15th June, 2010, 04:23 AM
1. you may want to try software downloaded somewhere else. (you can use mine attached. i made it myself, working 100% for me).

thanks byddy.. this help a lot

DazyCrave
16th June, 2010, 12:10 PM
Have this same problem with a 1260 lead and 1.8t ecu.....

archiebean
16th June, 2010, 05:24 PM
Hi to all on this lovely forum.I'm totally new to this chip tuning thing.I recently bought a 2006 VW Golf 5 2.0L FSi 16V and found that the speed was limited to 200Km/h.I was told this could be removed via a chip tune.Read on some other forums and was suggested a Galletto cable which could do this.After ordering it (one with the LED) from a chinese supplier, I came across this forum and realised that it would probably not work.Tried it and true to many user got the wakeup error.I've also tried it with a 2002 Jetta 1.9 TDi.Same error, though it takes much longer.Just want to know if anyone has managed to solve these problems with this chinese clone.Any help would be appreciated.Thanks in advance.

edc
17th June, 2010, 10:39 PM
chinese clone is a piece of crap ... it's really risky to do any ecu with this hardware ... even simple edc15 ...

do you think that somethig which cost 20 euro can do the same job as hardware for 3000 euro ... think

drujba2000
20th June, 2010, 06:23 PM
why can t download?

rsibiza
21st June, 2010, 06:45 PM
Hello, i have the same problem to read the ECU flash by my Audi A4 2.0 TDI DPF -2007.
ECU Info Data read OK !!but error read flashdata from ECU...can annyone help?

thanks to all

Dear. You cant read an edc16 can based ecu from audi with galetto clone.

You will need some other stuff,working on canbus to read this ecu!

This car isnt even listed in carlist,so why do you try it?

rsibiza
21st June, 2010, 06:59 PM
chinese clone is a piece of crap ... it's really risky to do any ecu with this hardware ... even simple edc15 ...

do you think that somethig which cost 20 euro can do the same job as hardware for 3000 euro ... think

Yes. 100%.

A good cloned tool can be as good as ori one,the dump has to be with no errors,and the pcb has to be with no solder errors,and you can work as good as original one,you dont have update...you dont have any support,this is thrue.

But from HW alone,clone will not always say"shit"

believe me,also big tuners have troubles with original interfaces,or producers themself.

Freezed ecus from VW,i receive dayli,by original vw sw update and freeze for them,this ecu is brocken,for me it s just fine.

If your tool have troubles,or created some trouble,you need support,maybee an bdm and a paralell programmer,so nobody will see you had problems.

This is professionalism,not have 25000$ of ori interfaces,edit soft and nice shop.

Professionalism,is something you learn by time also by errors,and maybee by errors due to a cloned tool.

But,after...you have always more experiance.

rsibiza
21st June, 2010, 07:34 PM
Hi to all on this lovely forum.I'm totally new to this chip tuning thing.I recently bought a 2006 VW Golf 5 2.0L FSi 16V and found that the speed was limited to 200Km/h.I was told this could be removed via a chip tune.Read on some other forums and was suggested a Galletto cable which could do this.After ordering it (one with the LED) from a chinese supplier, I came across this forum and realised that it would probably not work.Tried it and true to many user got the wakeup error.I've also tried it with a 2002 Jetta 1.9 TDi.Same error, though it takes much longer.Just want to know if anyone has managed to solve these problems with this chinese clone.Any help would be appreciated.Thanks in advance.

Your golf 5 cant be done by galetto clone,you need a can bus flasher like cmd clone.

For the 2002 jetta,try remove fuse for dash,and try again.

Galetto is most sold cloned tool,and i know it works fine for lot of poeple.

But always be aware. Do you have solder skills? If not dont try reflash you ecu with serial programmer( obd flasher ),
if writing fails,your ecu i death,as you cant remove flash and rewrite on paralell programmer

Ferreira
24th June, 2010, 03:36 AM
Hi all,

Also having problems acessing Golf V
ERROR SK2

Waiting to see this solved by the masters.

Cheersss

rsibiza
24th June, 2010, 07:53 AM
Hi all,

Also having problems acessing Golf V
ERROR SK2

Waiting to see this solved by the masters.

Cheersss

Problem solved!

Read post,and you will undersatand that golf 5 cant be done by galetto.
Needs canflasher!

Ferreira
24th June, 2010, 05:27 PM
Problem solved!

Needs canflasher!

HI

No, the galletto 1260 was ok at first times. Even read the ecu for the original file, but now can read nothing no more.
Also tried today on an Golf 4 1.9TDI PD and it could?nt read too.

Regards

rsibiza
24th June, 2010, 07:55 PM
HI

No, the galletto 1260 was ok at first times. Even read the ecu for the original file, but now can read nothing no more.
Also tried today on an Golf 4 1.9TDI PD and it could?nt read too.

Regards

Maybee resistor in k-line is death.

patracescu_george4u
1st July, 2010, 09:09 PM
i have galletto 1260 and can t read/edit my ecu.i have merc vito 2.2 cdi bosch EDC15C6.i want more power. please help

autoimport7
4th July, 2010, 03:03 PM
a veces hay que eliminar el fusible 11 o 15 para los grupo vag. el audi a?o 2007 necesita programador para CAN. necesitas cmd 1251 . galleto funciona bien con edc16 linea K

musteto
6th July, 2010, 10:12 PM
I also have the same problem, when try to read cars normaly soft show everthing is ok but no. In the table ecu data show only "..............a....." and when finish with reading example the file must have lenght 32kb but i see 24kb.

/Test i make with BMW 328 i e36 from 1996/
:banghead:

Ciochy
9th July, 2010, 04:12 PM
i am tring to read my ecu (sirus 32) but i keep getting the "open port" error. I have a supossed 1260 Galletto clone with LED. Got any sugestions ?

gdanx
13th July, 2010, 02:08 AM
Dear. You cant read an edc16 can based ecu from audi with galetto clone.

You will need some other stuff,working on canbus to read this ecu!

This car isnt even listed in carlist,so why do you try it?

Audi A4 B7 is still K-line .. it should work fine .. tested on my A4 B7 2006 TDI

delll
4th August, 2010, 10:04 AM
how do you install the galletoo software

delll
4th August, 2010, 10:22 AM
try downloading the FTDIchip driver from the FTDIchip website.

magnacin
7th August, 2010, 08:27 PM
I hae similar problem. Galletto reads fine ECU but when trying to write sends errore.
I am using it with peugeot 206 1.6 petrol bosch me 7.4.4
Any pointers?

Thanks.

metzlerkirk
11th August, 2010, 10:45 PM
just a newbie and wanting to download software so have to post something :)

gtturbo
2nd September, 2010, 01:16 PM
I would like to know the difference galleto 1260 and 1250 galleta alguel can help me

hinko
2nd September, 2010, 03:07 PM
i am tring to read my ecu (sirus 32) but i keep getting the "open port" error. I have a supossed 1260 Galletto clone with LED. Got any sugestions ?

Had the same issue - try using software attached in the post #4 of this thread. I managed to get a bit further, but then my Virtualbox windoze chashes when trying to read ECU data (will try native windoze install)..

I guess the cracked versions have hardcoded port somewhere?! :banghead:

benelux
2nd September, 2010, 09:46 PM
Ok Thanxxx

abdel62
3rd September, 2010, 07:25 PM
hello,
i have buy a galletto 1260 to :: Electroshop62 :: diagnostic automobile :: reprogrammation ::<a href="http://www.electroshop62.fr">Electroshop62</a> (http://www.electroshop62.fr)
i need tunes files
someone know this web site OBDii.fr e-Shop Online - ELM327, Vagcom,galletto, Benz star, GT1,X431, Tacho pro, key programmer (http://www.obdii.fr) ?

thanks

hinko
5th September, 2010, 06:50 AM
Had the same issue - try using software attached in the post #4 of this thread. I managed to get a bit further, but then my Virtualbox windoze chashes when trying to read ECU data (will try native windoze install)..

I guess the cracked versions have hardcoded port somewhere?! :banghead:

Update.. i've installed winxp natively and galetto1260 came to life. I managed to flash my car in a few minutes!!

:rock:

Both sw worked, the one i got with the tool and tje one from post #4.

hinko
5th September, 2010, 07:04 AM
hello,

i need tunes files

thanks

There are several sites with bunch of tuned files, search the internet. Beware that according to some pro tuners on DK, the tuned files are crap!!! I would not use unknown tuned file on any car..

Make your own tune if you know how, otherwise it will be cheaper to give money to your local pro tuner instead of damaging your car with badly tuned map.. choice is yours..

swat cat
5th September, 2010, 03:26 PM
hy. i`m tring to write a edc16u1 (golf 5 bkc) on the table... the reading it`s ok... but it won`t write.... why?

hinko
7th September, 2010, 08:49 AM
hy. i`m tring to write a edc16u1 (golf 5 bkc) on the table... the reading it`s ok... but it won`t write.... why?

Maybe it is a OS problem since baud rate can not be changed? Do you have administrator rights? Can you confirm that the tool works on another vehicle?

swat cat
7th September, 2010, 10:43 AM
i did many cars... but no edc16... i`ve heard e need to disable the immo ma program them on the bench....

marujon
9th September, 2010, 04:18 PM
I've done my altea xl 1.9tdi with edc16u34, I used the driver golf5 , and goes ok. i've reprogrammed several times with galletto clon .

swat cat
9th September, 2010, 04:56 PM
i was the immo.... disabled and worked fine on the bench...

dariusddj
24th September, 2010, 07:48 AM
Problem solved!

Needs canflasher!

what is canflasher?

egyclick
24th September, 2010, 08:08 AM
I also have the same problem, when try to read cars normaly soft show everthing is ok but no. In the table ecu data show only "..............a....." and when finish with reading example the file must have lenght 32kb but i see 24kb.

/Test i make with BMW 328 i e36 from 1996/
:banghead:

from what I read you can flash ecu using galletto with cars built from december '99, for older ones the ecu will not boot. and for sirrius ecu I heard it works with galletto that has red label on it, I have a friend who sells many of these, I think I'll ask him to take some pictures so we can see the differences.
by the way mine also doesnt read/write sirrius but worked ok on edc15 and edc16, only once i needed to pull a fuse on a vw bora

fullcontact68
9th January, 2011, 11:58 AM
Hi All,

Any ideas where I can get drivers which work with windows7?

TIA

venigo
12th January, 2011, 01:14 PM
When i'm trying to read vag cars, i get changing speed error. Also there is a window showing up something with a soldering job (k-line???)..

Can someone tell something more about this?

Thanks.

rsibiza
12th January, 2011, 04:01 PM
When i'm trying to read vag cars, i get changing speed error. Also there is a window showing up something with a soldering job (k-line???)..

Can someone tell something more about this?

Thanks.

Hi.

Could be helpfull telling us which vag edc15/16 msa15 me7 med7 med9?

Car year model etc all usefull stuff

And for least what interface you use...maybee post picture of it;):cheer:

venigo
12th January, 2011, 07:06 PM
Hi.

Could be helpfull telling us which vag edc15/16 msa15 me7 med7 med9?

Car year model etc all usefull stuff

And for least what interface you use...maybee post picture of it;):cheer:

Galletto 1260..

Volkswagen (VAG) Golf 5 plus 2006.

But it shows also an error @ Volkswagen Caddy 1.9sDi 1999.

rsibiza
12th January, 2011, 10:01 PM
Galletto 1260..

Volkswagen (VAG) Golf 5 plus 2006.

But it shows also an error @ Volkswagen Caddy 1.9sDi 1999.

For golf 5 you need canbus flashtool

For 99 Caddy? maybee very bad quality?tool

But first try pulling dash fuse,it fuse nr 11 normally...and try read again...

TribesMac
12th January, 2011, 11:21 PM
I found out that Galletto cant read certain EDC16C8 ECUs in Alfa Romeo multi-jet diesels.
I think the problematic are the first series made in 2003. They all have HW number 0281010455.

Any way around that problem?

I read on some Italian forum that this is a well known problem for Galletto 1250/1260. And some people suggested that you can find any original file from that ECU online and write it on any ECU and it will work without any problem, because somehow writing works...

Somehow this doesent seem like a good idea to me? Or does the flash tool only rewrite the parts of ECU that contains maps, and everything else is left as is?

nii
13th January, 2011, 01:02 AM
guys i have a Question does the kwp2000+ and the Galleto 1260 Flash the Airbag Crash files????

citronel
13th January, 2011, 08:30 AM
NO way @nii

rsibiza
13th January, 2011, 08:36 AM
I found out that Galletto cant read certain EDC16C8 ECUs in Alfa Romeo multi-jet diesels.
I think the problematic are the first series made in 2003. They all have HW number 0281010455.

Any way around that problem?

I read on some Italian forum that this is a well known problem for Galletto 1250/1260. And some people suggested that you can find any original file from that ECU online and write it on any ECU and it will work without any problem, because somehow writing works...

Somehow this doesent seem like a good idea to me? Or does the flash tool only rewrite the parts of ECU that contains maps, and everything else is left as is?

I suggest not to write or try writa any file to ecu if youre unable to read it and you dont have ori...

nii
13th January, 2011, 03:48 PM
@Citronel , so which device does clear the Crash data of the Airbag??

citronel
13th January, 2011, 06:07 PM
There are some tools that can do this by OBD for some cars only.
Most of the time you have to open Airbag ECU and manual reprogram EEP inside, clear crash data from EEP.

nii
13th January, 2011, 06:41 PM
@Citronel well i had a Kia Cerato 2011 and the Technical guy took the ECU of the airbag from me finished it and then got it back to me cleared, so i opened the ECU to check if he unsolderd the Eprom and found that he didnt unsoldered it or remove anything so how come he clear it... also put in mind that the Eprom of the Airbag Module is small one that can't use the DIP clip with it so you have to unsoldered by all means if you want to read it or flash it. so any idea how did he manage to clear it.
Of course he didnt want to tell me.:)

Also same guy had his laptop with him and he just connect it directly with a cable to OBD of Mitsubishi Montero copied its Software of the ECU to write it on another different Mitsubishi car same way and it the car ran smoothly so is that Galleto or KWP2000??

rsibiza
13th January, 2011, 06:55 PM
@Citronel well i had a Kia Cerato 2011 and the Technical guy took the ECU of the airbag from me finished it and then got it back to me cleared, so i opened the ECU to check if he unsolderd the Eprom and found that he didnt unsoldered it or remove anything so how come he clear it... also put in mind that the Eprom of the Airbag Module is small one that can't use the DIP clip with it so you have to unsoldered by all means if you want to read it or flash it. so any idea how did he manage to clear it.
Of course he didnt want to tell me.:)

Also same guy had his laptop with him and he just connect it directly with a cable to OBD of Mitsubishi Montero copied its Software of the ECU to write it on another different Mitsubishi car same way and it the car ran smoothly so is that Galleto or KWP2000??

This is not threat for Airbag clear:rulez: dont hijack threats.

Trz ask the guy...what tool it is..we dont see the tool...for reading and writing ecus there are lot of tools...Galetto and KWP2000 are just the cheapest ones....

venigo
15th January, 2011, 11:15 PM
I'm trying to read a VW Caddy 1.9 2000 with galletto, but I'm getting change speed error? Also pulled out fuse 11, same thing..

Whats wrong? Ssangyong read and writes perfectly... (so the cable is not broken...).

sanscorp
7th March, 2011, 06:32 PM
I'm sorry to resurrect an old topic but I get an "Changing speed error" with my 1250 clone.

The clone HAS worked previous year but I forgot how to make it function properly (only used it once...)

Can anyone help me out?
I hate double posting but a few experts have allready awnsered in this topic..
So the change is quit big they get a reply notification on this message :P

Can you check out topic:
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f155/galletto-changing-speed-error-194089/

there it's all explained (set-up, software, drivers etc.)
Thanks all!

fluorescent
10th March, 2011, 12:31 PM

Yes i did.
Moustley they take your money for the protections cost thats implements for piracy, and finaly is works the same 98% of the clones.
And the plastics looks good also, and much money.
the problems of the clones is the software and drivers.

fluorescent
10th March, 2011, 12:58 PM
Update.. i've installed winxp natively and galetto1260 came to life. I managed to flash my car in a few minutes!!

:rock:

Both sw worked, the one i got with the tool and tje one from post #4.

And this is not the solution.
What the f..k, i have to format my pc for this cable... crap?
o buy another pc only for this cable.

redlinegarage
10th March, 2011, 04:40 PM
Hello everyone!

I have some troubles with BMW 320i MS43 ECU.

I'm trying to use for the first time, Galletto 1260 to make a change to the ECU, but I found the following problems:

1) the error message saying "can?t open the door"

I read that maybe the drivers of ELM327 and KWP2000+ not let it work properly. It 's true that?

2) The KWP200+ was able to read and save the dump, but the file size was 32kb. When I try to write the new file, it does not accept, because the size is 512 KB.

How do I make them accept the file size or how to change the size for KWP2000 accepted.

Thanks to all who can help and I hope that other friends can take your questions identical to mine.

Hug!

mislav88
13th October, 2011, 08:46 PM
i have problems reading EDC16U1 Golf V 1.9TDI, i get SK2 error. the car is chipped, so does it mean file inside is protected? i cant even read ecu data.

rsibiza
14th October, 2011, 01:05 AM
i have problems reading EDC16U1 Golf V 1.9TDI, i get SK2 error. the car is chipped, so does it mean file inside is protected? i cant even read ecu data.

Use BDM100 you will get full flash ;)

Maybee copy protectet..or maybee bad clone...Did u try on other cars your clone?

mislav88
15th October, 2011, 12:34 PM
works ok on other cars, i will BDM it

dariusddj
3rd November, 2011, 08:34 AM
I have this error. Do you know what is it?

jmn86
15th September, 2015, 03:16 PM

I have this problem with galletto 1250. opening port impossible. is there any work around with it??

roverchippy
5th May, 2016, 02:30 PM
I have this problem with galletto 1250. opening port impossible. is there any work around with it??
Try placing USB in different USB port. worked for me.

laevis
14th May, 2016, 05:54 PM
I'm having the problem: Start data reading...Opening port impossible

xx2x
6th November, 2019, 10:30 AM
thxthxthx101010100

Outwill
4th February, 2020, 03:25 PM
Hello

Sold with what type of device do you weld repair welds.
Could you show a picture of the inside.
If it is a clone looked if the Chinese did not reverse the interiors son.
French English translation
cordially