PDA

View Full Version : how to disable auto update on dream 500c

mark015
10th April, 2008, 05:15 PM
how do u turn off the a/u in the dreambox 500c please?

slasher
10th April, 2008, 05:17 PM
yea good question mate, how is that done, i would like to know that too ?

Devilfish
10th April, 2008, 05:27 PM
Auto update conditions are set via the config file for the emu.

evocamd - camd_cfg
mgcamd - mg_cfg
gbox - gbox_cfg

What you're looking for is a section of like this...

# AU
# 00 is ignored (default)
# 01 enable AU
# 02 AU Auto
A: { 02 }The number inside the { } is what you want to change.

{ 00 } - the emu will never auto update
{ 01 } - the emu will auto update whenever it sees keys, regardless if they're correct or not. This could be the reason if you are editing in good keys but it still won't work.
{ 02 } - the emu will only auto update if the current keys don't work. This is what it should always be set to. So it will try your good keys and it should work so there's no need to auto update.

If you edit the config file, you need to restart the emu. Do this either by restarting the emu via the Blue button menu or reboot the box.

Also just to clarify, these are the different key files that the emu uses...

evocamd - keylist.txt
mgcamd - SoftCam.key
gbox - nagra

:)

ash2273
10th April, 2008, 06:19 PM
Hi.

I just new to all this and have tried googling for answers with regards to how to flash,mod or patch a dreambox 500c. Would appreciate any help.
Thanks

allycoops
10th April, 2008, 06:23 PM
the info is all here, have patients mate and read the stickys in th cable section , check out teh guides in downloads and check out the blog link

you will get there mate

mojodrone
13th April, 2008, 08:59 PM
what program do you use to edit these files with?

Thanks

Auto update conditions are set via the config file for the emu.

evocamd - camd_cfg
mgcamd - mg_cfg
gbox - gbox_cfg

What you're looking for is a section of like this...

# AU
# 01 enable AU
# 02 AU Auto
A: { 02 }The number inside the { } is what you want to change.

{ 00 } - the emu will never auto update
{ 01 } - the emu will auto update whenever it sees keys, regardless if they're correct or not. This could be the reason if you are editing in good keys but it still won't work.
{ 02 } - the emu will only auto update if the current keys don't work. This is what it should always be set to. So it will try your good keys and it should work so there's no need to auto update.

If you edit the config file, you need to restart the emu. Do this either by restarting the emu via the Blue button menu or reboot the box.

Also just to clarify, these are the different key files that the emu uses...

evocamd - keylist.txt
mgcamd - SoftCam.key
gbox - nagra

:)

smirnoff_rules
13th April, 2008, 09:03 PM
save to desktop right click and open with note pad edit it and save then up it back m8

mojodrone
13th April, 2008, 09:05 PM
Cheers Smirnoff

Will give it go thanks..

save to desktop right click and open with note pad edit it and save then up it back m8

Devilfish
13th April, 2008, 09:18 PM
Or while you're connected to your box using your ftp program, right click the file and select 'edit'. ;)

mojodrone
13th April, 2008, 09:21 PM
Tried that Kaos but didn't recognise file. Works when I download to desktop and open file in Notepad.

Tnx

Or while you're connected to your box using your ftp program, right click the file and select 'edit'. ;)

C64
13th April, 2008, 09:27 PM
You'd think that the Linux gurus would create a simple plug-in that allows AU to be enabled and disabled from the GUI, after all the Dbox2 has it.

Devilfish
27th November, 2008, 04:10 PM
Going to bump this as it's probably going to be needed a lot.

bugaloo41
27th November, 2008, 04:24 PM
Very good tip Devilfish - thanks for this. Stored for future use.

resonance
27th November, 2008, 05:35 PM
Made teh changes to reflect as is:
# AU
# 01 enable AU
# 02 AU Auto
A: { 02 }

Let's see what happens!

Donnie Darko
27th November, 2008, 06:23 PM
You'd think that the Linux gurus would create a simple plug-in that allows AU to be enabled and disabled from the GUI, after all the Dbox2 has it.

Cryos image allows this,you can also edit the keys thru the remote etc.

Saltire
27th November, 2008, 10:11 PM
Yes but is this just a temp fix until full new fix is out ?? i guess it is, eh ?

By the way, i manually updated my keys normal way and AU is set to 02, it worked fine.
I have Dw2.0 and evocamd2.12

stevetotheo
27th November, 2008, 11:48 PM
thanks to all ftp with dcc but need to change the au works fine thanks for the work guys keep up the work