PDA

View Full Version : DM800S clone ext hdd mounting

shazgee4u
1st May, 2010, 08:47 PM
halo I am newbie I have DM800S clone with gemini 4.5 kernel 2.6.12-5/1-brc.enigma EAD nov 7.

I need help with that i have 1tb external seagate usb expansion drive how to mount it in USB port of DM800S.

And how to mount my computers hdd with DM800S

regards
shaz

iKay
11th May, 2010, 11:41 AM
no answer for this?

av2008
11th May, 2010, 12:33 PM
no answer for this?

I dont have, nor ever have used Gemini but ill try

First you need to format the HDD with ext3 on your pc (If your hdd is Fat32 you could skip this step but the DM800 sometimes cannot format large HDD's so its best to format in a pc). It wont work with NTFS.

Then what you need to do is plug the HDD into the Dreambox. Reboot the dreambox and go to mount manager. Try to mount the hdd under media/hdd. It will ask you to reboot. Go back to mount manager and see if the hdd is mounted. If not do the following.

Download and install the plugin USB2HDD plugin from the plugins panel. If its not there you can get it online.

Reboot the Dreambox and try to mount again as above, It will ask you to reboot and should be mounted.

After that use ftp software to go to media/hdd and create a folder called 'movie'

Thats all.

alec
11th May, 2010, 08:41 PM
It is Interesting in what you have written. I tried to mount a new hard drive in a DM800 , but it only formated for about 15 mins.
I then did a format on a computer, but used the NTFS, and still the same. It also made the Gemini 4.6 buggy. I reflashed with the Gemini 4.7. After reading about the need for the format to be Fat 32. I will give it another try.

av2008
11th May, 2010, 09:18 PM
It is Interesting in what you have written. I tried to mount a new hard drive in a DM800 , but it only formated for about 15 mins.
I then did a format on a computer, but used the NTFS, and still the same. It also made the Gemini 4.6 buggy. I reflashed with the Gemini 4.7. After reading about the need for the format to be Fat 32. I will give it another try.

Use gparted, a free bootable linux live cd and format the HDD to ext3 directly. Its more likely to work that way. The DM isnt good at formatting. The dm will still try to format it from fat32 to ext3. if its already ext 3 you will have no issues.

The-Stranger
24th September, 2010, 06:21 PM
use dcc to unmount then mount - did the trick for me