PDA

View Full Version : keeping a burger warm until served ??

Saltire
13th November, 2008, 04:36 AM
Anyways, this isnt so much about a recipe, its more about asking a question.

question is >>>

You have the burger grilled with cheese on etc, its ready and waiting.

You stuff the burger buns in the grill or oven to heat (not toast), ok.

Then once the buns are nice and warm and just ever so slightly starting to firm up, i take them out the grill.

straight away i apply the amount of mayo and relish to the inner surfaces of the buns, just as thick as you like, just like buttering them with the stuff, but thicker, know what i mean ?

Then try as fast as possible to get some salad etc onto the buns and place in the burger and then more salad etc on top of the beef too.

BUT, and this is the bit that keeps annoying me, by the time i serve the burger up, the thing seems ~~~~in cold, not freezing, but getting cold.
I know its natural if your using stuff like mayo and relish from the fridge that you can expect it to be a little cool, but mines always seem too cold in my opinion.
in restaurants etc they seem to be able to get the stuff to ya before its cold, but how the ~~~~ do they do it, does anyone know ???

Apart from that the burger is absolutley mouthwatering, especially when done with a couple of small nice strips of bacon ontop too, damn it !! i forgot about the bacon tonight, LOL.

Dreamer
13th November, 2008, 08:08 AM
think you already answered your own question. your relish and mayo are too cold

Saltire
13th November, 2008, 08:44 PM
you think putting the relish and mayo on the buns then putting the buns in the oven/grill to heat would work, i was thinking about that, but didnt know if that would effect the mayo and relish as they are meant to be kept refrigerated once open ?

.: JaCkPoT :.
14th November, 2008, 12:26 AM
It should say if you read the back lol

Saltire
14th November, 2008, 01:31 AM
It should say if you read the back lol

dunno if your just having a laugh, lol, but nah, it dont mention anything like that on the back, just that once open keep refridgerated.

Dreamer
14th November, 2008, 10:44 AM
you think putting the relish and mayo on the buns then putting the buns in the oven/grill to heat would work, i was thinking about that, but didnt know if that would effect the mayo and relish as they are meant to be kept refrigerated once open ?

no you can't heat the mayo up under the grill it just goes all wierd but the relish should be ok.

What you really need to do is a bit of forward planning. Put some mayo and relish out on a plate and let it warm to room temp if you know you are gonna be burgering lol Failing that if it is a unplanned snack attack, and you have a microwave you could try putting a dollop of mayo in a plate and zapping it on the lowest defrost setting you have for 15 secs or so and see if that takes the chill off it.

thered
14th November, 2008, 11:13 AM
here's one for you dont keep your mayo and relish in the fridge if you buy it off a supermarket shelf keep it on a shelf in you kitchen cupboard

when was the last time you went too a cafe or burger van and they passed you the sauce out of the fridge or the relish its supposed to be kept at room temperature

Dreamer
14th November, 2008, 11:29 AM
here's one for you dont keep your mayo and relish in the fridge if you buy it off a supermarket shelf keep it on a shelf in you kitchen cupboard

when was the last time you went too a cafe or burger van and they passed you the sauce out of the fridge or the relish its supposed to be kept at room temperature
I'm not coming to your house for a burger m8 if you leave your mayo and relish out all the time lol

You are supposed to refrigerate these things after opening unless you intend to use them within a day or two.

firemouth
14th November, 2008, 12:03 PM
I'm not coming to your house for a burger m8 if you leave your mayo and relish out all the time lol

You are supposed to refrigerate these things after opening unless you intend to use them within a day or two.

Agreed! especially with Mayo. that is nothing more than uncooked egg and oil.( A simplistic description, but accurate)

as for keeping the burgers warm, just heat the buns up as you cook the burger, they should be cooked on different gear anyway, so it should not be hard!

thered
14th November, 2008, 12:15 PM
lol well i aint dead yet but it might explain a few things lol

the wife puts everything in the fridge it boils my pi55 i cant stand cold sauce and relish i always put it in the cupboard when she's not looking you may have a point about the mayo though but i dont eat mayo

but i do eat salad cream and i suppose thats pretty similar and i keep that in the cupboard the wife keeps in the fridge all depends who's had it last lol

and im still alive lol

god i must be a right dirty barsteward

dreamer dont you just deep fry things up north to keep them hot lol

.: JaCkPoT :.
17th November, 2008, 02:02 AM
Where ours stays depends on who has had it last. My mum keeps it in the cupboard but i throw it in the fridge if i even feel like putting it away.

Dreamer
17th November, 2008, 10:33 AM
dreamer dont you just deep fry things up north to keep them hot lol

only mars bars and ice cream lol

badgerbadgermushroom
2nd December, 2008, 11:54 PM
i'm a bit of a germophobe, so i like to keep EVERYTHING in the fridge to keep those little bacteria from taking hold.