PDA

View Full Version : connecting to neighbours sky broadband

standarren
2nd May, 2010, 04:15 PM
my neighbour has given me permission to ascess here sky broadband for evaluation reason

could any one tell me how to do this or what software i need to get the correct key

snagga
2nd May, 2010, 04:34 PM
my neighbour has given me permission to ascess here sky broadband for evaluation reason

could any one tell me how to do this or what software i need to get the correct key

LOL. Why don't just ask neighbour for wep key???:top:

standarren
2nd May, 2010, 04:43 PM
LOL. Why don't just ask neighbour for wep key???:top:
it would not be very educating from my point of view

ask the neighbour get the password key enter it then i can say to my mates i can hack wireless networks whilst drinking a few beers

not very challenging lol:roflmao:

iraqi78
4th May, 2010, 09:58 AM
its WEP ,so its take 5 min ,BT4

XHALLO
14th May, 2010, 01:21 PM
i agree 5 min for BT4..lol

dik
14th May, 2010, 02:43 PM
look here DistroWatch.com: Wifislax (http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=wifislax)

standarren
14th May, 2010, 05:51 PM
thanks guys i've downloaded it hope its easy to understand any chance of a walk through

shedder101
15th May, 2010, 08:19 PM
look at the bottom of the router

its on a sticker

sky is wep2 now so you could hack her comp for the key but if your not on forget it

by the way all sky passwords are uppercase and hope they dont also add mac filtering

standarren
16th May, 2010, 03:56 AM
look here DistroWatch.com: Wifislax (http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=wifislax)

i've downloaded it and burned it to disk when i boot from disk it loads up great then a login screen appears but when i enter username root
password toor
it will not let me enter the password any ideas

dik
17th May, 2010, 10:02 AM
i've downloaded it and burned it to disk when i boot from disk it loads up great then a login screen appears but when i enter username root
password toor
it will not let me enter the password any ideasSorry mate no idea, that should have got you logged in

Canker_Canison
19th May, 2010, 08:24 PM
If you have a spare memory card try using unetbootin to install the ISO onto the card. Change your BIOS to boot from USB before the HDD.

I have mine set up like this & it boots a lot faster than disk.

Either way you still need to redo the ISO as this is a common fault with the distros.