PDA

View Full Version : Digivox T software

philly
13th November, 2008, 04:05 PM
Hi All,
Received some digivox T units which have sw V03-2 dated dated Jan 2007.
They appear to work fine but I am wondering if there is a newer version and if so should I update before I install.

philly

satsmo
13th November, 2008, 04:13 PM
V 3.200 which you have is the only firmware available for the Digivox T.

philly
13th November, 2008, 04:56 PM
Thanks for the advise.
I have'n used these before. They appear ok and are locked to a weak signal in the workshop (52dbuV).

Philly

pudzy
23rd November, 2008, 06:48 PM
hi guys . just wondering how good are the digivox t . im buying a couple. i had a eurovox tx thought it was very good for its price. any info on digivox t would be great.

cactikid
23rd November, 2008, 07:51 PM
another person tested them and rated them 10 out of 10 ease of use and picture quality,and better than box t.:jiggin:

philly
24th November, 2008, 01:19 AM
hi guys . just wondering how good are the digivox t . im buying a couple. i had a eurovox tx thought it was very good for its price. any info on digivox t would be great.

Used six of them last week. Worked A1. After power failure the unit does not go to the installation setup as is the case with the eurovox t, it returns to the channel you were watching automatically.
Philly.

Tigger
24th November, 2008, 09:52 PM
Hi there,
I just installed a Digivox T at the weekend (Cork area), and it worked fine for a while (up to 1 hr) then "bad or scrambled channel" appears, or "no signal". When I turn off the digivox t for about 10mins and turn on again, it usually works ok again for another hour or so.
I've got V3.2 loaded, and approx 75 tv channels working, and emu is on.
Tonight, I deleted all channels, and reloaded firmware 3.2 and channnels, but same problem.

Any ideas on what I should try next?:dong:

Tigger

philly
24th November, 2008, 11:27 PM
Hi there,
I just installed a Digivox T at the weekend (Cork area), and it worked fine for a while (up to 1 hr) then "bad or scrambled channel" appears, or "no signal". When I turn off the digivox t for about 10mins and turn on again, it usually works ok again for another hour or so.
I've got V3.2 loaded, and approx 75 tv channels working, and emu is on.
Tonight, I deleted all channels, and reloaded firmware 3.2 and channnels, but same problem.

Any ideas on what I should try next?:dong:

Tigger

Sounds like signal problem 'ie, poor BER (bit error rate).
I take it you don't have access to a TV analizer to check the signal quality so take a look at the on screen signal level and quality bar graph. The quality if my memory serves me correctly should read about 68% minimum. I suspect that you are missing some of the muxes as you should be downloading about 90 odd TV channels + some radio. You may be operating on the fringe as missing out on the higher channels which tend to suffer from roll off.
Philly.

Tigger
25th November, 2008, 10:35 AM
Hi Philly,
Tnx for response. You're right, I don't have aTV analyzer. The signal strength is about 88%, quality 68% when channels are working after reboot. But when "no signal" appears or "bad or scrambled channel" then there is no signal strength or quality, zero.

I have one of these yagi antennas with built in downconverter. I had to do manual scan to load channels with offset of approx +440 (starting at 666MHz), as downconverts between 600-800MHz. No channels found when I do autoscan between 200-400 range.

I wonder has this something to do with my problem?

Tigger.

philly
25th November, 2008, 11:21 AM
Hi Philly,
Tnx for response. You're right, I don't have aTV analyzer. The signal strength is about 88%, quality 68% when channels are working after reboot. But when "no signal" appears or "bad or scrambled channel" then there is no signal strength or quality, zero.

I have one of these yagi antennas with built in downconverter. I had to do manual scan to load channels with offset of approx +440 (starting at 666MHz), as downconverts between 600-800MHz. No channels found when I do autoscan between 200-400 range.

I wonder has this something to do with my problem?

Tigger.

Yes I think that you may have hit the nail on the head. You are probably loosing the channels which are at the upper end of the I.F. I use a AIDC 303L which has an I.F from 222 -- 408 Mhz and a gain of 30db. This works perfectly with both the Box T and the Digivox T and scans all channels in auto search mode. I never fail to find 90 odd TV channels. Also bear in mind that you are better off using a converter which o/p's in the VHF band as you will have less loss on the drop cable to the box. Another quick test to carry out when you have zero signal strength is to check at the yagi to confirm that you are still getting a DC voltage there just in case you have an intermittent problem also. Are you using an external power supply as I have never been successful using the power from the receiver (either eurovox or digivox) to supply the downconverter.
Philly

Tigger
25th November, 2008, 10:59 PM
Yes, what I plan to do is try my digivox on a friends system. He uses a chorus MMDS antenna/converter, so my digivox should work on autoscan with his antenna (222-408Mhz output range). That will tell us whether its the antenna/downconverter output freq that is the issue.
I am using one of those inline mmds power supplies for the downconverter, which is located near the digivox end of the coax. There is dc volts on the coax at the antenna end, but haven't measured it. (there was sparking when I forgot to unplug power whilst I was remaking the f connector during mu initial investigations !)
What is the AIDC 303L? I can't see any info on google about it.

Tigger

philly
26th November, 2008, 10:49 AM
Hi,
Its the one that is used by ch***s.
I sent you a message as to where you can get your hands on one.

Philly

Tigger
26th November, 2008, 11:22 PM
Hi philly,
I tried my digivox t on a friends MMDS ant with AIDC downconverter, and everything works ok. Found 68 channels on autoscan. Not sure why it didn't find more, maybe a manual scan is needed for extra channels.

Anyway, now I know my ant/downconverter is the problem, I can fix this.

I will update on progress. Cheers for the info on AIDC.

Tigger

adeel
28th June, 2010, 02:01 PM
my digivox t does not work either i live in birmningham and on day i wolk up and saw virgin van outside my house and since that day it does not work i tried everthing from rescanning the channels(but none cam up) - too deleteing the factory settings please help man cause seriously my parents think i brokle it :argh::mad::wink::questionmark:

tomhick024
28th June, 2010, 04:58 PM
my digivox t does not work either i live in birmningham and on day i wolk up and saw virgin van outside my house and since that day it does not work i tried everthing from rescanning the channels(but none cam up) - too deleteing the factory settings please help man cause seriously my parents think i brokle it :argh::mad::wink::questionmark:

Dont think that you have a Digivox T working in the UK( T is a varient for the Irish mmds market), more than likely a Digivox xl you have , anyway, you are either cut off at the cabinet on the street if you are not paying any sub to virmen or Nagra 3 has hit your area and in that case, the game is up for ya!
Have a read through the forum, loads of posts regarding Nagra 3!

cactikid
28th June, 2010, 08:28 PM
what colour is the box if silver its a digivox and firmware is v4300,

if black name on front of unit may say digivox xl,or xl usb different boxes.
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f10/areas-receiving-new-cards-93125/

and thats the bad news.