PDA

View Full Version : Hands up, Who came here for a quick fix ?

aftermath
10th April, 2008, 08:23 PM
Ok guys , i know quite a few peeps have joined the forum in the last few days since the keyrolls started happening.

My question is... and i will put it to a poll,

edit. Poll didnt work so...

1. did you come here for a quick fix .
2. you came for a quick fix. but intend to stay now as you like the forum.
3. you came here to stay anyway.
4. you were not after a fix at all.
5. other

orry guys, i wanted this to be a poll, but ot didnt work out. lol

allycoops
10th April, 2008, 08:42 PM
ticked the wrong box meant to be "im not after a fix", ticked "Im here to stay"

but you know what i mean

Neil
10th April, 2008, 08:43 PM
Please can you put me down as "I was already a member of this and many other forums and like to help out as well as be helped by others"

Or to put it more simply can we have a "I was already a member" option?

smirnoff_rules
10th April, 2008, 08:46 PM
Please can you put me down as "I was already a member of this and many other forums and like to help out as well as be helped by others"

u click on it yourself m8 lol

father ted
10th April, 2008, 08:48 PM
am not telling you :roflmao:cause mines not fixed lol

thommo
10th April, 2008, 08:51 PM

i guess that comes under other.....

smirnoff you been drinking again? you came for a fix? lol.

zoeneon
10th April, 2008, 09:02 PM
came here from another site looks interesting

krazylegz
10th April, 2008, 09:07 PM
i wasnt after a fix at all.....................................but will be when my brother gets back and realises his dreambox is working no more :roflmao:

the-viewer
10th April, 2008, 09:12 PM
Nope ended up ere via nother site ..havent got cable but any sat related site im intrested in...

Neil
10th April, 2008, 09:12 PM
u click on it yourself m8 lol

I would if there was one for people who were already members

scm200
12th April, 2008, 12:39 AM
Came here after seeing the site posted on another forum.
After seeing what is available on here, it looks like I will be a frequent visitor.
To do more reading and picking up tips more than anything else, but to offer any help, if I feel that I can.
Main interests are Home Cinema and Satellite Tv (not sky).

scm.

charlie senator
12th April, 2008, 12:50 AM
When i first got interested in this scene i just wanted to know how it was done.My box hadn't gone off i just wanted to know more about it.Now i love it when someone has a problem and i help them to get it fixed .Its just like the feeling i got when i did my first box all over again.Almost better than sex lol

biffo1
12th April, 2008, 01:39 AM
think u all know why i came , wasnt no fix was for the crack with some friendly peeps , that dont throw there weight around , thanks for havin me

delboyrfc
12th April, 2008, 01:43 AM
Recommendation from a friend sent me here.

janobi
12th April, 2008, 07:31 AM
I came for the fix. But I cant find the damn thing. So I am staying till I can. Then world domination will be mine. Mine I tell ya....... Mwahahahahahahaaaaa.

Neil
12th April, 2008, 11:59 AM
I arrived here after an invitation from Kaos via another website we were both on at the time.

alec
12th April, 2008, 01:34 PM
Lulled into false sense of security with the box working so well,for so long.
And it reminded me how I missed the mod forum. Had to look high and low on my hard drives, to find the information I needed, to rectify problem.
I hope this forum is as good.

Neil
12th April, 2008, 02:03 PM
Lulled into false sense of security with the box working so well,for so long.

I must admit I get a bit like that. Everything works so I just watch it. Things go pear shaped and I start learning again. Or I get some new gear and need to learn again. I recently got into programming the dreambox remote controls because I have 2 in one room and needed to be able to control them both independently with one original remote. I soon got fed up covering up the IR receiver on the box I was not watching :)

Basicly for me its a case of if I can find something new to learn/achieve that interests me or is of use then I will learn how to do it.

thommo
12th April, 2008, 02:59 PM
got to admit im amazed how only one guy has admitted to coming for a fix, either the others have not seen this post or there not bothered about it.

shame really...no shame in admitting it we've all done it at some point on other forums for different subjects.

hopefully most will stay and join in after the fix is released.

hammered
12th April, 2008, 03:15 PM
Hi am member of other sites but well impressed with whats on offer, goto be honest need uk fix dm500c like every body else out there at the mo, thought it was just me stuffed up.Looks like your site might help me learn stuff ;) thumbs up from me.

rangers71
12th April, 2008, 03:58 PM
i used to a member on another site under a different name but got banned after saying i thought the forum was getting boring and was just being honest and the administraitor took the cream puff and a few mods jumped to his defence so the kicked me out lol but as to the point of the topic then a will be honest and tell u i came on here looking for the keys for my box so u could say am looking for a quick fix so would 1 of u clever guys out ther move yer butt and find a atmega fix a cant stand watching council telly its ~~~~ing crap:2in1:

janobi
12th April, 2008, 04:33 PM
got to admit im amazed how only one guy has admitted to coming for a fix, either the others have not seen this post or there not bothered about it.

shame really...no shame in admitting it we've all done it at some point on other forums for different subjects.

hopefully most will stay and join in after the fix is released.

3 people now mate. Myself included. But obviously I was joking. lol.

TheDogsNutts
12th April, 2008, 05:21 PM
been here a while, i could care less about the AU.....lol....

C64
12th April, 2008, 05:45 PM
ticked the wrong box meant to be "im not after a fix", ticked "Im here to stay"

but you know what i mean

Me too, lol

This is a home from home, soooo many familiar faces :)

C64
12th April, 2008, 05:46 PM
i used to a member on another site under a different name but got banned after saying i thought the forum was getting boring and was just being honest and the administraitor took the cream puff and a few mods jumped to his defence so the kicked me out

I'd ban you just for having that name ;)

rangers71
12th April, 2008, 06:46 PM

lol now now

allycoops
12th April, 2008, 08:32 PM

cheeky ~~~~, I'd ban you just because your you, lol

ash1809
12th April, 2008, 11:34 PM
I am here by doing a search and am o grateful i've found this site

kryton
12th April, 2008, 11:39 PM
janobi said he would tell the mrs about our affair if i didnt join :hahaha:
so here i am ;)

satter21
13th April, 2008, 12:37 AM
i came from another site...

will be staying put & trying to help fellow peeps when i can...

janobi
13th April, 2008, 09:17 AM
janobi said he would tell the mrs about our affair if i didnt join :hahaha:
so here i am ;)

ToO late mate. lol. I already told her, and shes quite impressed. lmao.

Ciaran500
13th April, 2008, 09:45 AM
Honestly, I came here for DW 2.0 image but it seems like a good forum. I'll definately be back for Dreambox related queries. But I already have 4 general forums I regularly visit so I won't be around for that.

weeble
13th April, 2008, 10:40 PM
Did I come here for a quick fix???? I would be telling lie's if i said i didn't come here for a fix, but if it's true that Vi**in N*L will be changing the keys on a more regular basis a good site is important, and this seems like a very good site. So i'm here to stay

teddy143
13th April, 2008, 11:21 PM
found the place by accident , i am more into sat and just got a c b to try and it is still working fine

kryptoview arnet

Teddy

mcmasterg
13th April, 2008, 11:23 PM
was hear before the fix but hey it has helped lol

Gav678
14th April, 2008, 03:15 PM
Did I come here for a Quick Fix - No.

Can I remember how to program an Atmega Card - No - Hence the visit. But it's a decent forum do i'll stick around

father ted
14th April, 2008, 03:19 PM
Did I come here for a Quick Fix - No.

Can I remember how to program an Atmega Card - No - Hence the visit. But it's a decent forum do i'll stick around

:rofl:at least your honest i cant remeber how to do my box but can do everyone else`s :roflmao: ( kidding ive done everyone elses just not had time to do mine :roflmao:)

bomber39
14th April, 2008, 05:04 PM
googled this site - looks great... I'm sold...:elefant:

brend68
14th April, 2008, 06:40 PM
Came for a quick fix - then realised I didn't know what I was doing, and what the dreambox was capable of. Will have to stay for a while anyway - not the quickest learner :stupid:

jimmymac
14th April, 2008, 07:31 PM
was not aware of of this forum untill I was searhing for a fix but I intend to stay now Ive found it

hails2008
15th April, 2008, 02:16 PM
Was here for a quick fix but have since realised that I have a lot to learn and this seems like a good place to be learning from so will be staying.

oneqi
15th April, 2008, 03:14 PM
when you are in need of help where life takes you .. great site .. thanks

rickybobby
15th April, 2008, 03:50 PM
i came for a quick fix but actually really like the site as it's dedicated solely to dreambox and PC issues.

i just wanted to sya thanks to all, and keep up the good work!!

Crash2744
15th April, 2008, 07:59 PM
I came here for the quick fix and tbh would like to download it asap however I can see myself comming back in the near future because these forums seem to be the place for everything dreambox related

metall1
19th April, 2008, 04:55 PM
Did come for a quick fix, but seems like a good forum, well organised and not cluttered, don't have cable but i've gotten hold of a 500C and want to see what's available for it.
Guess i'll be hangin around for a while. :)

berley
19th April, 2008, 08:53 PM
1. did you come here for a quick fix .
2. you came for a quick fix. but intend to stay now as you like the forum.
3. you came here to stay anyway.
4. you were not after a fix at all.
5. other

what was the quick fix anyway ?? is it summit to do with telly or life ??

if its life and there's a quick fix can you pm me it ;)

tomaxbol
20th April, 2008, 01:54 PM
I had already fixed my box by readin the posts and tut from another site but to be honest they didn?t seem as friendly to newbies as you chaps seem to be.

Dreamer
20th April, 2008, 02:13 PM
OK I'll admit it. After looking through some other forums I came here for a quick fix.
I got it.
I'm still here!
I like it here. It's a nice friendly and helpful forum. I'm going to stay.

johnnycool
22nd April, 2008, 10:39 PM
Clicked came here for no fix as i can't get cable in my area. Only interested in the community side of things.