PDA

View Full Version : Open Media question

dicky96
13th November, 2008, 05:13 PM
Hi guys, well I think I know quite a bit about dreamboxes but I've not played with one of these open media boxes before

I had a quick read around and it says on this board to use DM500 images and treat it exactly like a DM500

So that's exactly what I did - and here's the problem I got into LOL....

I used flashwizard to send a backup image from my working DM500s to the open media - this has my emu's, channels lists settings etc in it. It's an older gemini image (one of the ones before they stopped working gemini on DM500 clone) so should be OK.

After flashing successfully, with the open media box switched to "satellite" it shows a greyscale stripes on the TV screen only and I can't access any menus anymore :(

With the box set to Cable it boots up OK

So I then guessed the box did not like the gemini image so decided to reload PLI using a null modem lead and DreamUP (same as I would with a corrupted DM500)

But the Problem is with the open media box switched to satellite I can not connect using DreamUp and null modem lead - I just get the same grey bars on TV screen and the computer waiting for the dreambox

With the open media box switched to cable, Dream up connects and says box is alive etc etc.... so I know my PC and null modem lead are OK

So what went wrong and how do I fix it? I've only had it 30 mins.

dicky

boocay06
13th November, 2008, 05:33 PM
i had a similar problem with the openmedia box. to fix it what i did was re-flashed the cable side with the default openmedia image (i thinks its available in the downloads section) then i switched back to the satellite mode and re-flashed that with the default image.

once i got both sat and cable sides working i was able to flash with any image

max_gee
13th November, 2008, 06:26 PM
please make sure that when changing modes you disconnect the power, change the switch and then re connect the power.

do not change the switch when the power is on.