PDA

View Full Version : Tom Tom One Classic V4 Info Wanted

pryddie
3rd May, 2010, 09:08 PM
Hi
Sorry to be a pain or sound a bit backward but i'm thinking of buying a Tom Tom One Classic V4, before I buy can anyone tell me please how easy or hard it is to find european and usa maps and speed cameras for the uk, if they are available to d/l how hard or easy is it to update them
thanks

bigfella
3rd May, 2010, 09:38 PM
Hi
Sorry to be a pain or sound a bit backward but i'm thinking of buying a Tom Tom One Classic V4, before I buy can anyone tell me please how easy or hard it is to find european and usa maps and speed cameras for the uk, if they are available to d/l how hard or easy is it to update them
thanks

m8 the links for the downloads for maps n navicore n meta r in red stickys at the top of page ...tomotm maps seris 4....if u read thro the threads u ll find tutorials on how to do it as well sppedd cam s links .......and if u get stuck i m sure some one will help...but it s always best to have a good read thro the threads

pryddie
3rd May, 2010, 10:19 PM
m8 the links for the downloads for maps n navicore n meta r in red stickys at the top of page ...tomotm maps seris 4....if u read thro the threads u ll find tutorials on how to do it as well sppedd cam s links .......and if u get stuck i m sure some one will help...but it s always best to have a good read thro the threads

Ok cheers mate i will have a look and see what i can understand.
thanks again mate , much appreciated

xant14
4th May, 2010, 07:43 AM
The main thing I would look for, if you wanna go about loading different maps on is the storage memory available on it. I don't know each model, but my bro has a classic thru work, and it has only 512mb of internal space, with NO SD card slot... hence you are pretty much stuck to having a small map.
Some TT's have SD slot, and these can be uprated to take any size memory card.

pryddie
16th May, 2010, 02:24 PM
The main thing I would look for, if you wanna go about loading different maps on is the storage memory available on it. I don't know each model, but my bro has a classic thru work, and it has only 512mb of internal space, with NO SD card slot... hence you are pretty much stuck to having a small map.
Some TT's have SD slot, and these can be uprated to take any size memory card.

Hi
i finally have my tom tom and as you indicate it doesnt have an Sd card slot so Im stuck with internal memory, i have tried to install my USA map but cant as i dont have enough memory, is it possible to uninstall my maps and install my USA map as and when i need to.

Thanks again

xant14
16th May, 2010, 02:34 PM
yeah you can. Make a full windows back up anyway, ie make sure hidden files are shown and copy everything to you PC.

Cut and paste your UK map to your PC when you need to instal USA map. The map will retain its important .dct file (the crack).

You will need to crack the USA map tho, but again, you can copy whichever map in willy nilly after that.

The map tho HAS to be compatible with your navcore.

Let me know which navcore you have, and I will find you a map.
Also tell me what memory you have left after uninstalling UK map.