PDA

View Full Version : Recomendations for a replacement base unit

PETERG
4th May, 2010, 11:52 AM
Can anyone recomend a good place to buy a replacement pc base unit, I know this is a how long is a piece of string question, depending on what spec I want, but need somewhere to start & not PC WORLD.

cgscott
4th May, 2010, 02:58 PM
Build your own to whatever spec you want. Much easier and cheaper than buying a ready made tower.

ricoman72
5th May, 2010, 03:54 PM
Have alook at aria.co.uk. They have some barebone systems & all the components you'll need to complete assembly. At least you can get an idea of what a custom build will cost you. They also sell completed systems.

john8867
5th May, 2010, 10:21 PM
Build your own to whatever spec you want. Much easier and cheaper than buying a ready made tower.

It's been deleted mate -- wot was it?

bitster
6th May, 2010, 12:32 PM
If I didn't know how to build one I would use novatech.co.uk (http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/), you can have a system built to your specifications or buy one off of the shelf.
Where ever you decide to buy one don't be told that becasue you are a light user and mainly only use the internet that you don't need a decent processor, buy the best processor you can afford now or regret it in no time at all.

Good Luck