PDA

View Full Version : DDDL 6.4 screw up

grunt11b40x
4th May, 2010, 06:53 PM
Hi all,

I have a question and hoping someone out here can help.
I installed 6.4 DDDL and without thinking I rolled the date back and now the program is locked up. I tried a uninstall and reinstall but it is still in the computer, is there anyway to erase the memory of the event or some program that I can run to scrub the system?
thanks in advance.

T

joshplainfield
4th May, 2010, 08:33 PM
did you do a system restore, that should work.

hercamp
4th May, 2010, 11:37 PM
tip regedit in execute from start...
then you go to detroit diesel registry...
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
DETROITDIESEL
ALL DETROIT COMPONETS

DELET ALL DETROIT REGEISTRY FROM THERE...

superc0
5th May, 2010, 04:26 AM
good work hercamp . i dont now that.

grunt11b40x
5th May, 2010, 10:54 AM
I went in and deleted everything I found but when I reload DDDL it still said the clock has been rolled back and won't let me install, I know there must be a data file somewhere that I can't find. even tried a reg cleaner program still no luck.

Thanks
T

Schoolbus Tech
25th May, 2010, 10:27 AM
I went in and deleted everything I found but when I reload DDDL it still said the clock has been rolled back and won't let me install, I know there must be a data file somewhere that I can't find. even tried a reg cleaner program still no luck.

Thanks
T

Hey grunt11b40x did you fix this yet ? If not what operating system do you have? a reg cleaner will fix errors but looks like you might have to manually do this . If you have not fixed this I will see what I can do to help you.

grunt11b40x
25th May, 2010, 05:43 PM
nope, lol no fix yet I have downloaded all types of reg cleaner and manually deleted things, the odd thing is I got dddl7 working but can't get 6.4 up and running, kinda partial to 6.4 but 7 will do in a pinch, so how's the FLA weather? from Jax myself. thanks for the follow up

Schoolbus Tech
25th May, 2010, 10:59 PM
nope, lol no fix yet I have downloaded all types of reg cleaner and manually deleted things, the odd thing is I got dddl7 working but can't get 6.4 up and running, kinda partial to 6.4 but 7 will do in a pinch, so how's the FLA weather? from Jax myself. thanks for the follow up

6.4 does up to early 2007 version 7. and so forth does the newer . By the way it is not to hot here yet went to Busch Gardens over the weekend it was just right. I was in
Saudi Arabia near Riyadh some time ago trying to train some people on Selfpropelled Howitzers . I was on the US army world tour hehehe. Did you try a system restore That might work . What operating system does your PC have ? There are a few places in the registery to look . Depending on the operating system .
(http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/wiki/Riyadh)

grunt11b40x
26th May, 2010, 03:40 AM
The OS is XP, got to love the army world tours lokks like Korea may be the next stop, lol hope not we are stretched way thin as is. I am working with Mraps, cat,cummins, benz, allison, detroits, fun fun fun. planing a family tour of orlando on R&R myself. it's kinda cool here only 130

Thanks

Schoolbus Tech
27th May, 2010, 02:15 AM
The OS is XP, got to love the army world tours lokks like Korea may be the next stop, lol hope not we are stretched way thin as is. I am working with Mraps, cat,cummins, benz, allison, detroits, fun fun fun. planing a family tour of orlando on R&R myself. it's kinda cool here only 130

Thanks

Ok buddy Made up a tutorial on uninstalling DDDL also handles a manual regedit for Windows XP hope this fixes it .
If not we will try something else . I found this helpful you need it for v7.0 and up so it will not hurt anything .

1 - Microsoft Windows Installer 3.0 or higher
2 - Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0
3 - Lizardtech DjVu Control
4 - Proper drivers for your translator box hardware
Its all free stuff if you have trouble getting it let me know I will snag it for you

grunt11b40x
27th May, 2010, 04:28 AM
Thanks alot, I will give it a try.

Belefronte
27th May, 2010, 05:15 PM
try with format c:

amishmafia00
21st June, 2011, 01:44 AM
Ok buddy Made up a tutorial on uninstalling DDDL also handles a manual regedit for Windows XP hope this fixes it .
If not we will try something else . I found this helpful you need it for v7.0 and up so it will not hurt anything .

1 - Microsoft Windows Installer 3.0 or higher
2 - Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0
3 - Lizardtech DjVu Control
4 - Proper drivers for your translator box hardware
Its all free stuff if you have trouble getting it let me know I will snag it for you

did this work? i too am having problems with reinstalling my software