PDA

View Full Version : Carman scan lite vs launch

bonecrusher
4th May, 2010, 08:24 PM
Hello.
Guys I am interested in a new universal diag mobile system.I want to buy local with local dealer support.I want to know what will be the better option between the carman scan lite or the launch x431.anybody have experience on the carman and launch.What are the advantages of the carman over the launch and vice versa.I am leaning more towards the carman for you have dealer level on hyundai and kia.Any opinions will be valued.If you had a choice what will you go for??

bonecrusher
5th May, 2010, 05:35 AM
One more thing guys I mostly want it for asian vehicles in fact only for asian vehicles

impactops
5th May, 2010, 11:52 AM
One more thing guys I mostly want it for asian vehicles in fact only for asian vehicles

Carman scan lite then

bonecrusher
5th May, 2010, 05:21 PM
its always nice when someone re-affirms what you are thinking:laugh:

hectorconnector
6th May, 2010, 03:04 PM
The Carman scan lite is going to give you better functionality, and they have a beta TPMS module that looks like it is going to do them all! Updates have gone from 800/1yr to 1000/2yr. Launch just went up to 1000 a year.
Have you considered the i Scan-II?
The i Scan-II is better on Asian than the Carman.
The Carman is better on the Korean cars.

impactops
6th May, 2010, 03:51 PM
The carman lite has a "PC Scan Mode" in the menus that allows you to diagnose cars through there software.So that their device is in passthru mode and the software on pc is just using the device as an interface to diagnose the car with the devices internal software not playing any roll.It is rarely documented but i believe that in this mode it becomes j2534 interface.

The carman2 does not have this option, but it is there disabled from appearing as an option in the menus

bonecrusher
6th May, 2010, 08:15 PM
anybody here use the i-scan 2 to be honest this is the first time i am hearing of the i scan2.What makes it better on asian than carman

jckhing
26th May, 2010, 04:37 AM
May I know is Carman scan lite support immobilizer programming for Asian vehicle? Or it is for reading only.

JOEEAG
26th May, 2010, 06:09 AM
the carman scan does support immobiliser on some Jappaneese vehicles. I have the older launch X431 the carman works much better than that

hectorconnector
28th May, 2010, 04:40 AM
Here is the link to the I Scan-ii info;
AUTOLAND SCIENTECH (http://www.autolandscientechusa.com/v2009/multinational/index.php)

hectorconnector
28th May, 2010, 05:36 AM
I will provide links to application data on all these tools, ASAP

bonecrusher
28th May, 2010, 10:30 PM
Guys,how good is the scope function on the carman scan I.Is it any good or should I just buy the lite and save the extra money for a picoscope but then again the pico wont be as mobile as the Carman scan I :confused:,decisions decisions decisions!!!!

zimbali7840
17th June, 2010, 11:07 PM
Guys,how good is the scope function on the carman scan I.Is it any good or should I just buy the lite and save the extra money for a picoscope but then again the pico wont be as mobile as the Carman scan I :confused:,decisions decisions decisions!!!!

You may also consider G-Scan which is better than carman on Asian cars. They are now the OEM tool manufacturer for Hyundai and Kia.

I got very bad customer support from carman, so I am going all around this forum and let people know. I'm now very happy on the functionality of G-Scan, this is the tool to choose if you are going to spend ~ $4000.

khalidcartool
20th June, 2010, 10:25 PM
Hi
i am the lebanon dealer for i scan II AND CARMAN SCAN AND LAUNCHX431
THE I SCAN II ITS THE BEST ON ERO CAR THIN ANY UNI SCAN IN THE WORLD
THE CARMAN SCAN LITE ITS THE BEST SCAN IN THE WORLD FOR ASIAN CAR
IT CAN DO ANY THINK YOU NEED
LAUNCH X431 ITS GOOD BUT CANT DO 50% FROM CARMAN AND I SCAN II

khalidcartool
20th June, 2010, 10:33 PM
SORRY MY FRIEND BUT THE CARMAN SCAN II BETTER THIN G-SCAN I TEST THE TWO SCAN
THE PRICE FOR CARMAN SCAN LITE IN LEBANON 2800$ FULL
THE I SCAN II 4500$

khalidcartool
20th June, 2010, 10:37 PM
YOU CAN BUY THE VG-CARMAN SCAN WITH 4 CH scope 5000$

celtechonline
15th July, 2010, 02:15 PM
anybody here use the i-scan 2 to be honest this is the first time i am hearing of the i scan2.What makes it better on asian than carman

I know autoland were crap at giving support with the vedis in the UK

d.zio
16th July, 2010, 10:10 PM
do you know from where can i buy the carman scan lite full???the dealer here to greece wants 5000euros(6500usd).... can you help me??

hakan
3rd December, 2010, 05:31 PM
carman scan lite uplod 1060 tur

Dr.Bojan
4th December, 2010, 01:36 AM
SORRY MY FRIEND BUT THE CARMAN SCAN II BETTER THIN G-SCAN I TEST THE TWO SCAN
THE PRICE FOR CARMAN SCAN LITE IN LEBANON 2800$ FULL
THE I SCAN II 4500$
Dear My Friend, :congrats::congrats:
don't be funny. I distribute same NexTech (carmanscan) and Launch but this is not true. As you know NexTech loose licence for Kia and Hyundai 2007 and you know how is pure after that all updates. All Asia producers stop to give NexTech software and they was on same level. He just made VG, then VG+, AT but SW was same level (2008). Evry SW was too poor.
I will stop distribute CarmanScan and start cooperation with G-Scan becouse G-Scan is now No1 for Asia cars. In G-Scan is now SW for cars 2011. Kia and Hyundai is like OEM 100%. All other Asia cars is same like OEM. I see from your post that you never see G-Scan and you never work with that units.
I can prove that I whrite true. You can see here AUTOTECH servisna oprema / Beograd (http://www.servisnaoprema.rs) :wavey::wavey:

BR,
Bojan

bowdenh
4th December, 2010, 02:22 AM

I have owned and used Carman 1 for many years and it has served me well. Carman distributor has said only one more update will be available for it then no more .Why do they do this to us.....Carman 1 is a real good bit of diagnostic gear, all it needs is for the updated software to be continued to be written for it.
They were falling over themselves to sell me the Carman 1 :bandit:

Dr.Bojan
4th December, 2010, 02:54 AM
SW was bigger and bigger. Carmanscan I was with old 32MB card and they can***263;t change that. Is not possible.
Yes, CarmanScan I was very good unit but it's not for new generation. In this moment who want to buy New Diagnostic for Asia cars my suggest is only between G-Scan or X-431.
I same loved Carmanscan and work many years with that company but situation in NexTech is very very difficult. We don't must be like them, we can choise other units
CarmanScan I is same units as Hi Scan Pro, different is only in SW

dchrist123
18th February, 2011, 01:13 PM
I wanted to buy G-scan (AU), contacted local dealer asking the price, but no response at all. Asking Rusian dealer, they're good response, but not authorized to sell again redirected me to local dealer.
Not easy to buy...

bonecrusher
19th February, 2011, 11:53 AM
Anybody else here using g-scan?