PDA

View Full Version : SV4 super USB chanels corrupted

nsw9154
13th November, 2008, 08:27 PM
i have had my sv4 super usb since last friday and it has been working great i had all the chanels crystal clear - but when i turned it on today they are all corrupted and blocky as if i had a very bad signal i noticed yesterday that all the s** chanels were coming back and was looking forward to watching SG1 again i have deleated all the chanels and did a rescan i got all the chanels back but still corrupted so i turned my sv4 off and connected my box pvr to the same feed expecting that to have the same problem but it is working perfect but without the new s** chanels so it can not be my connection or signal i have rescaned about 6 times and it is still the same did a system reset to factory default every time and did the 1570 turned keycode on then set default key with ok i have even tried deleating all the new s** chanels incase it was something to do with them but it is still the same sorry for the long post but i wanted to give as much info as possible

nsw9154
14th November, 2008, 05:10 AM
:bawling::bawling::bawling: looks like my problem has fallen on deaf ears - ok no probs looks like i will have to stick with my freeview chanels lol

ezop
14th November, 2008, 10:58 AM
what signal strength are you getting on the channels that are blocky ..

i sometimes have a similar problem with my box in the bedroom but turning the cable normally sorts it out.

nsw9154
14th November, 2008, 08:11 PM
signal strength has 5 bars at the top the blocky chanels vary from 0 to 50 level and 0 to 98 quality switching between lock and unlock -- but eurosport 2 is almost perfect 60% level and 98% quality - i have reconnected my BOX PVR back up and all the chanels are perfect so i am sticking with the box pvr till i get some solid information has to why my sv4 is doing what it is doing

satsmo
14th November, 2008, 10:37 PM
There was no one around at 4am in the morning :) Have you flashed with both firmware versions?

cactikid
14th November, 2008, 11:10 PM
shame on you satmo not up at 4 as i was only going to bed at 3-15:boring:

nsw9154
15th November, 2008, 03:40 AM
satsmo i was up till 5 am on the 13th and i got s** 1 perfect i shut down thinking i would get SG1 switched back on and shit every chanel was thair but corrupt and blocky re scaned rebooted about 10 times -- still corrupt chanels -- switched my SV4 SUPER ESB off and reconnected my BOX PVR 160gig HD and the pvr works perfect every chanel exept setenta 1 that is why i got the sv4 for the kalzaghe fight but my pvr is working great so i am using that now my mate told me that they were zapping starview boxes because they were the easiest to zap but i have full internet connection from NTL -- Virmen so i am paying ?30 for 10 meg every month so i can not understand why mine has been zapped mmmmmmmmmmmmm:manuscarf: oops sorry yea i tried 1-01 instead of 1-02 but the same happened so i reverted back to 1-02 still no good

cactikid
15th November, 2008, 12:27 PM
was it the only one that got zapped ,i have not heard of boxes getting zapped and half working,maybe signal reduced causing a number of tps to not work 100% and does ur other box have a booster built in for low signal?

belfastdaren
15th November, 2008, 02:50 PM
v****n zapping boxes is this more scare tatics or does it happen ?
only just got my box and im worried

cactikid
15th November, 2008, 04:40 PM
the more they scare you the more chance they win=scare tactics.:beheaded:

satsmo
15th November, 2008, 10:31 PM
Dont mind what your mate has said, as you said your have The Box PVR, which is a Starview also. Have you a splitter inline when using the SV4?

nsw9154
16th November, 2008, 01:33 AM
it's a direct feed i used to have 2 ntl boxes and my internet box but i had the cable boxes took out about 4 years ago and only subscribe to my cable modem - i had 1 cable box in the front room and 1 cable box and my internet in the back room the feeds are original ntl feeds so my internet and my cable box are on direct feeds with a proper ntl spliter box