PDA

View Full Version : Clio immobiliser problem

unstabledude
5th May, 2010, 01:25 AM
Hope you can help I have a Clio 1.4 8v Elise on an 2001, I am trying to obtain the emergency code 4 didget number so I can try to get this car of my wife's going. I have been told you guy's may be able to help. It seems that I have to Press the door or dash button to get the immobiliser sorted with this code? any advice would be appreciated

maaxxyy
5th May, 2010, 01:29 AM
What is the chassis type? Should be on the vin plate.

Ashraf6119
5th May, 2010, 09:03 AM
Hi

Those Clio have they common faults for Immobilisers System to malfunction.

And most of the times you will find the Key or Reader Coil is faulty.

So, if you have another Key i would try that first and see if it helps.

If not than have the car Diagnosed by some one who knows his job.

Hope This Helps.

Ash

SP also try changing the Battery in the Key some times it works.

unstabledude
5th May, 2010, 10:47 AM
The vin VF1CBOSOF21342976

chris1955
5th May, 2010, 11:36 AM
Hi m8 first check to see if you have a central locking switch on your dashboard. If you have you need to open the plastic part of your key. There should be a paper label with letters and numerals printed on it, or there will be numbers printed on the circuit board. Post those numbers here and I or someone will decode for you.

unstabledude
5th May, 2010, 01:41 PM
OK Plastic key housing next to battery (14QQ5KP)

Green circuit body TWR101259-1

and under there this 33

Hope this helps...

simon77
5th May, 2010, 09:02 PM
what type of key do you have is it an i.r key is there a transponder inside the key!!
in order to get the emergency code we need chassis type(look on oval plate) ie ntgr.then we can use your above key codes and get the emergency no

unstabledude
6th May, 2010, 11:55 AM
I think the key is the next one up

On the oval plate I have these letters and numbers. I'll give you em all as I'm not sure whats, what...

C80S F00005693

E2 AZE 5AN513

NV713 DRAP03 HARM01

5/ ACGK NRTW

Hope this helps...

Ashraf6119
6th May, 2010, 07:41 PM
Hi

Here is the Calculator for Renault Emergency Decode and the Pass Word is ''reman''

For more info you can go to the above link.

http://www.bba-reman.com/content.aspx?content=Test_for_Renault_Key_Immobili ser_failures_emergency_recode

Hope This Helps

Ash

unstabledude
7th May, 2010, 10:59 AM
Mine's not the infer-red system, mine's V reg model, the one with the coil round the ignition barrol,
renault test kit is asking for a Key code not sure what numbers there asking, sorry to be a pain...

Ashraf6119
7th May, 2010, 11:47 AM
Hi

See in the above link for more instructions how to decode.

Ash

Chriscwl
7th May, 2010, 12:32 PM
The immobiliser code can only be entered with diagnostic machine and will need to be put in each time you start the car.

You cannot program immobiliser part of the key to this vehicle. The keys come already programmed to your vehicle when ordered by chassis from France and will start the car without additional programming. The remote (to lock/unlock the doors) side of the key is the part that needs programming.

These keys break down quite often. If you take the key to an auto locksmith in your area he should be able to fix it for you.