PDA

View Full Version : Could somebody help decide which box

mrk
13th November, 2008, 10:31 PM
Hi i am deciding which cable box to purchase but i dont really no the pros and cons of each box. The boxes that i am thinking of are the dm500 c , dm600 c
eurovox ex1000 sl ,eurovox ex5000 pvr or the d-box 2.

I would like the ability to stream channels to my PC if the quality was pretty good.

Could i have some help please

Curious123
13th November, 2008, 10:51 PM
It is all question of what you want from your box. If you just want to watch tv than you need to look at the Eurovox range or if you want a box with a lot more potential and you don't mind the fustration at the begining in installing your box than you want the dreambox. People who have dreamboxes never actually watch tv as they are too busy tinkering with their boxes. lol

The dm500 is cheap and cheerful and does the job but the dm600 is much better and can also take hdd for pvr. I have bot and much prefer the dm600 but it is twice as expensive as the dm500.

mrk
13th November, 2008, 11:04 PM
Yeah i do like tinkering so probably the dreambox are better suited to me whats the difference between the dm500 and dm600 only there seems to be no difference other than you can record to hd with the dm600 is there any other difference ?
Also is the streaming of a channel to PC any good ?

sivhead
14th November, 2008, 09:04 PM
yes it is good and if you computer has a HD TV connected to it you can stream BBC HD.

carlowchris
16th November, 2008, 06:13 PM
i'm preety new to all this but i have two boxes,a starview which is excellent,plug it in tune your channels and away you go,easy,but i also have a silver linux box wihich is preety simalar to the dream 500c it takes a bit more setting up and playing around with and you'll quite probly go mad but the guys here are great and you'll find all the advise you need.but the linux box i would say is probly your better route but if ya buy one thats already set up make sure you get a null modem cable and back up everything,all ya keys,roms,images etc,and if ya have to download these dont delete these it can take forever to find them again.