PDA

View Full Version : problems with digital rights managment :(

Saltire
13th November, 2008, 10:37 PM
I have a film length movie clip here, its actually a program that was on bbc last night, was the prince charles documentry thing.

Anyway, looks as though it has some kind of protection stopping me from converting it from windows media player format to a dvd (see attached screenshot).

Is there a way i can get round this so i can get it on dvd ?? i tried alcohol 120, sucks, i tried convertXto dvd, good program, but wont do the job either.

Anyone any ideas please ???

p.s
the file was downloaded direct from the bbc iplayer site and saved onto pc for viewing later.

Saltire
14th November, 2008, 04:55 AM
anyone had any tried and tested luck with this then ??

kevbroughton
21st November, 2008, 08:52 PM
I have a film length movie clip here, its actually a program that was on bbc last night, was the prince charles documentry thing.

Anyway, looks as though it has some kind of protection stopping me from converting it from windows media player format to a dvd (see attached screenshot).

Is there a way i can get round this so i can get it on dvd ?? i tried alcohol 120, sucks, i tried convertXto dvd, good program, but wont do the job either.

Anyone any ideas please ???

p.s
the file was downloaded direct from the bbc iplayer site and saved onto pc for viewing later.

there are several program you can use to decode a authenticated window media file,

here is one, DRM converter software. Converts iTunes, Napster, etc files - legally (http://drm-removal.com/) if you have any problems or need any further software let me know.