PDA

View Full Version : New virus going round

pacman362
14th November, 2008, 12:00 PM
Seems to be a virus/trogen going round @ the moment and it seems to come through I explorer 8 !! two of my friends computers are now infected with this ! it seems to be a pop-up banner for Anti virus 2009, if you click on it you then get the infection.

Just thought i would mention this and if anyone else has had it or had any reports please update this thread.:beheaded:

.: JaCkPoT :.
14th November, 2008, 01:18 PM
your welcome for the info.
Better safe then sorry

kevbroughton
21st November, 2008, 06:43 PM
Seems to be a virus/trogen going round @ the moment and it seems to come through I explorer 8 !! two of my friends computers are now infected with this ! it seems to be a pop-up banner for Anti virus 2009, if you click on it you then get the infection.

Just thought i would mention this and if anyone else has had it or had any reports please update this thread.:beheaded:

the virus your refering to has been out for a while m8, it is called a rouge program, whilst a good anti virus will stop the program installing, if it makes it through to your hard drive, it will rewrite alot of your settings including your desktop and your anti virus will not be able to remove it, just inform you, that you have got a virus.

Tell your m8, pacman if he has not already done so, go to this website

Malwarebytes.org (http://www.malwarebytes.org)

and install Rogue remover - this will remove the inital threat

then install anti malware and this will remove all the left overs including software which has been downloaded without your knowledge.

Hope this helps everyone

jayjayuk
23rd November, 2008, 11:12 PM
id also like to add you are better downloading

combofix first and running that

then installing malware bytes, boot the pc up in safe mode and running a full scan...... also delete all temp files using ccleaner and disable system restore and re enable it when it boots backup.

you can get these files from download.com ( i do have quick shortcuts in my website, but i sell things on there so didnt post a link)