PDA

View Full Version : 04 Ford Focus Correction

justy22
6th May, 2010, 03:00 PM
Hi All

I need some help to do my 04 Ford focus Mileage correction with my Tach Universal can anybody tell me how i do it

looly
6th May, 2010, 04:30 PM
From 2002-2005 memory is in a 24c16 soic (surface mount), near the lcd display. But from 2004> there is also a 112pin 9s12 micro version so it could be either. Either way you need to strip the cluster down. If its a 24c16 then use the 24C0X board and clip, select Ford-Fusion menu from tacho. Always advisable to remove chip from board but you can read & program this one without removing - just make sure that you join the 2 contacts on the oscillator. If its a 9s12 micro then get back to us.

HTH

justy22
6th May, 2010, 06:20 PM
From 2002-2005 memory is in a 24c16 soic (surface mount), near the lcd display. But from 2004> there is also a 112pin 9s12 micro version so it could be either. Either way you need to strip the cluster down. If its a 24c16 then use the 24C0X board and clip, select Ford-Fusion menu from tacho. Always advisable to remove chip from board but you can read & program this one without removing - just make sure that you join the 2 contacts on the oscillator. If its a 9s12 micro then get back to us.

HTH

opened cluster and its a 24u16 chip not a 24c16

can i correct with soldering wires to the test points on the board as my clip is very unreliable

looly
6th May, 2010, 06:53 PM
Hi

24u16 same thing m8. Dont know the solder points on this board - I always take the chip off.... 10 sec job and then guaranteed a good dump. As long as you save original data first you wont have any probs. Read the chip and post dump on here if you like and we will let you know if it's good or not before you modify it.

justy22
6th May, 2010, 06:58 PM
Hi

24u16 same thing m8. Dont know the solder points on this board - I always take the chip off.... 10 sec job and then guaranteed a good dump. As long as you save original data first you wont have any probs. Read the chip and post dump on here if you like and we will let you know if it's good or not before you modify it.

I got myself a hot air station last week so here goes, also i got a pony prog chip reader can i use this to modify the dump

looly
6th May, 2010, 07:28 PM
I got myself a hot air station last week so here goes, also i got a pony prog chip reader can i use this to modify the dump

Spread the heat over the pins evenly and slowly lift the eeprom up once you see the solder starting to flow (melt). I always lift up one side at a time. If pony prog supports 24c16 then you will be able to read/write to the eeprom.

Forgot to mention.........make sure you remember where pin 1 is - either by marking the board or draw yourself a little diagram if you like!

HTH

justy22
6th May, 2010, 08:36 PM
Spread the heat over the pins evenly and slowly lift the eeprom up once you see the solder starting to flow (melt). I always lift up one side at a time. If pony prog supports 24c16 then you will be able to read/write to the eeprom.

Forgot to mention.........make sure you remember where pin 1 is - either by marking the board or draw yourself a little diagram if you like!

HTH

Managed to get it off the board ok but cant read it with my clip its just a cheap one and ready for the bucket, maybe try and take it through to premierD

PremierD
6th May, 2010, 08:39 PM
Managed to get it off the board ok but cant read it with my clip its just a cheap one and ready for the bucket, maybe try and take it through to premierD

And I'm waiting mate ..... ;)

PremierD
6th May, 2010, 08:41 PM

HTH

TIP mate .... 24cxxx eeproms ... 1234 pins are joined on the pcb ...;)

z786
6th May, 2010, 08:44 PM
TIP mate .... 24cxxx eeproms ... 1234 pins are joined on the pcb ...;)

cud u explain for the stupid ppl (not me) lol

PremierD
6th May, 2010, 08:50 PM
cud u explain for the stupid ppl (not me) lol

For everyone else then mate ... lol A 24c** eeprom .. if you forget where pin one is .. look for the pins that are joined on the PCB 1 2 3 4 ... but thats for every one but you mate .. lol

justy22
6th May, 2010, 09:02 PM
I'm gonna need an adaptor for doing small eproms like 24c16 so i can use in my pony programmer can anybody tell me where to get one and what its called, once i get into it i'm gonna get the upa programmer

Meat-Head
6th May, 2010, 09:46 PM
maybe try and take it through to premierD

And I'm waiting mate ..... ;)

Sorry just had to,

http://upload.spottedbylocals.com/Paris/normal/caf-chrie-paris-%28by-harriet-obrien%29.jpg

QUICK JUSTY22 WHILST THE BLOKE BY THE DOOR IS LOOKING THE OTHER WAY :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

r-parts
7th May, 2010, 01:37 AM
if the diga don't reed eeprom's replace ic underneath the display, common problem, its a 74hc521 if i'm not mistaken

justy22
7th May, 2010, 01:30 PM
Sorted, took a trip through to the legend PremierD and had another lesson by the expert at eeprom removing and replacing and he sorted the focus dash, also tested my tacho universal and its reading eproms just i have a poor clip,

also he gave me other valuable tips

Meat-Head
7th May, 2010, 02:31 PM
also he gave me other valuable tips

like don't eat yellow snow
dont go chasing waterfalls OR rainbows???

adam28
7th May, 2010, 04:25 PM
So whats the other valuable tip he gave you? I hope its not the one im thinking:reddy::laugh:

On a more serious note mate.Your learning from the best;)

justy22
8th May, 2010, 06:59 PM
So whats the other valuable tip he gave you? I hope its not the one im thinking:reddy::laugh:

On a more serious note mate.Your learning from the best;)

The valuble tips he gave me were how to programme certain clusters including the focus with just 2 wires providing cluster is powered up

Meat-Head
8th May, 2010, 08:51 PM
The valuble tips he gave me were how to programme certain clusters including the focus with just 2 wires providing cluster is powered up

OOH if the legand ok this, please share, think it as an exam like at skool lol

justy22
8th May, 2010, 09:02 PM
OOH if the legand ok this, please share, think it as an exam like at skool lol

Learn to spell first and i'll tell you, also its sat night what you doing on here, i'm just getting ready to start a nightshift and thought i'd have a surf

Meat-Head
8th May, 2010, 09:08 PM
Learn to spell first and i'll tell you, also its sat night what you doing on here, i'm just getting ready to start a nightshift and thought i'd have a surf

1) i didn't get where i am todat be being able to spell lol
2) Saturday night, would rather be on DK with all these 'friends'
who are not going to give insuts/ignore you etc

Town will be FULL of pretty birds, pointless going down, you NEVER
hear a pretty bird say 'please' or 'thank you' besides think the
bloke with the funny wig said something about pubs and clubs

3) Nightshift nice, packing potates or delivering pizzas?

justy22
8th May, 2010, 09:20 PM
1) i didn't get where i am todat be being able to spell lol
2) Saturday night, would rather be on DK with all these 'friends'
who are not going to give insuts/ignore you etc

Town will be FULL of pretty birds, pointless going down, you NEVER
hear a pretty bird say 'please' or 'thank you' besides think the
bloke with the funny wig said something about pubs and clubs

3) Nightshift nice, packing potates or delivering pizzas?

1st Nightshift i've worked for ages, i'm a Train Driver very high basic wage and loads of time off in fact i'm off all next week, 3 weeks on and 1 week off
Getting bored after 18 years though so looking for new ways to make money and a living

z786
8th May, 2010, 09:33 PM
sellin the high grade will make u a few bob mate, no eeps no problems

Meat-Head
8th May, 2010, 09:35 PM
, i'm a Train Driver, 3 weeks on and 1 week off

SERIOUS OFF TOPIC NOTE:

That why you b*astard train drivers don't hoot your horns on crossing,
because after 3 weeks off you need retraing, that the 'W' boards
mean whistle.

Just for reference should one day i dissapear off here chances are i've
been wiped out by a train, NO LIE, but a certain level crossing, here in Meat-City, you get 6 seconds warning IF you are lucky.

Have had in last 6 months 3 near-hits, 3 SECONDS to spare as train wisses past (can't wait untill get driving licence back)

Some guy who is a train driver came in for some work to his car, he got
pinned up the wall, about this matter and for the past few weeks trains
HAVE been hooting at this crossing (blind bend obsqured by trees)
Did e-mail "Meat-City Trains Co" and sum bugger else, got no reply.

Not got a problem being killed by a train, but being paralised and not able
to log on to DK would be as heart braking as looking at Tracy Barlows wedding photos (13 October 2007). More concerened about other
people getting killed/mained as that would mean having to go 4 miles
around it should the rossers close the crossing.

RANT OVER

Sorry to thread hi-jack

smirnoff_rules
8th May, 2010, 09:39 PM
1st Nightshift i've worked for ages, i'm a Train Driver very high basic wage and loads of time off in fact i'm off all next week, 3 weeks on and 1 week off
Getting bored after 18 years though so looking for new ways to make money and a living

u cant beat working for yourself m8 , but if u have a job like that with lots of free time u win both ways .. and if u put the flag pole on the kill pedal u can do a few while your driving the train

justy22
9th May, 2010, 09:42 PM
I thought the W boards were for Water for steam trains, im glad you brought this up so i can start blasting the horn correctly

SERIOUS OFF TOPIC NOTE:

That why you b*astard train drivers don't hoot your horns on crossing,
because after 3 weeks off you need retraing, that the 'W' boards
mean whistle.

Just for reference should one day i dissapear off here chances are i've
been wiped out by a train, NO LIE, but a certain level crossing, here in Meat-City, you get 6 seconds warning IF you are lucky.

Have had in last 6 months 3 near-hits, 3 SECONDS to spare as train wisses past (can't wait untill get driving licence back)

Some guy who is a train driver came in for some work to his car, he got
pinned up the wall, about this matter and for the past few weeks trains
HAVE been hooting at this crossing (blind bend obsqured by trees)
Did e-mail "Meat-City Trains Co" and sum bugger else, got no reply.

Not got a problem being killed by a train, but being paralised and not able
to log on to DK would be as heart braking as looking at Tracy Barlows wedding photos (13 October 2007). More concerened about other
people getting killed/mained as that would mean having to go 4 miles
around it should the rossers close the crossing.

RANT OVER

Sorry to thread hi-jack

Meat-Head
9th May, 2010, 10:01 PM
I thought the W boards were for Water for steam trains, im glad you brought this up so i can start blasting the horn correctly

All i can say is you will know when you are passing through "Meat-City" as you will notice a few "W boards" have been changed to say "Wa*nkers"

Anyway how do you read a focus clocks with 2 wires?

z786
9th May, 2010, 10:13 PM
Think this might help with power up connections.
Red and black are supplies, blue and yellow are for hicory dickory docking.
http://www.auto-diagnostic.biz/download/Ford.pdf (http://www.auto-diagnostic.biz/download/Ford.pdf)

HTH

maybe something like that

Meat-Head
9th May, 2010, 10:22 PM
maybe something like that

two things

1) if you press the funky 'dot' at the end of the user name in the quote
it takes you to that post

2) The link seems to be down

3) Pretty sure would have downloaded it, but that was like 3 computers
ago.

justy22
10th May, 2010, 02:57 PM
All i can say is you will know when you are passing through "Meat-City" as you will notice a few "W boards" have been changed to say "Wa*nkers"

Anyway how do you read a focus clocks with 2 wires?

Most of the signs on the railway have been modified in some way if not stolen and sold on fleabay

Focus correction trace the two pins from the eprom pin 5 and 6 trace them to the pin holes and you could program it just holding two pins on or solder to be safe

Meat-Head
26th June, 2012, 03:15 PM
The valuble tips he gave me were how to programme certain clusters including the focus with just 2 wires providing cluster is powered up http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/201088-grizz/albums/pic/5909-justy22-sigsize3.jpg

Hi, can you give details please, this is a GENUINE question, got a
Focus to IN-correct - it is a genuine IN-correction, but looking forward to it.

Thanks

Meat

Bulld0g
26th June, 2012, 08:06 PM
If the insults and sniping continues then people will be having a holiday. The forum comes first not stupid egos