PDA

View Full Version : GOM Player

kyle2211
14th November, 2008, 08:04 PM
hi,

i put an avi file onto the usb stick and put it in my sv4, but the sv4 just wont play it, does the gom player have to be installed onto the sv4 or is that a stooopid question???

help greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!

satsmo
14th November, 2008, 10:49 PM
The GOM player is for playing recorded files from your SV4 on your PC. Not the opposite way around.

kyle2211
16th November, 2008, 12:34 AM
i have recently got a 40gb hdd for my sv4 thinking i'd be able to stream films from it. i've put a load of my avi films on it but when i select them nothing happens. any help as usual appreciated
feel like all i ever do on this site is whinge about being a novice!!!!!:banghead:

satsmo
16th November, 2008, 12:48 AM
I havent tried to do what you are attempting to do. But the SV4 records in a TS format to your HDD.

If you are trying to watch your avi files on the SV4 that's another matter. You don't need to convert avi to .ts, but you would need to convert avi to mpeg 2.

As said I have not done this. But there are plenty of paid and freeware converters. Try a freeware app first and see how you get on. TBH I would just burn them to disc and watch them via a DVD player.

Also your not whinging you are asking a valid question, thats what this forum is here for ;)