PDA

View Full Version : how do i download games 4 a ds lite?

EVERS666
14th November, 2008, 08:20 PM
hi guys..

i only just found out the other month that u can download games 4 a ds lite console how do i go about doing this and what do i need? I'm pretty new so Muppet instructions will help, it took me 2 days 2 figure out how 2 download firmware for a eurovox, now i know how easy it is feel a bit stupid, but all good now, anyway back to the ds question, if any1 can help much appreciated thanx...

Jaffa
14th November, 2008, 09:36 PM
You need a special cartridge like the R4 or the DSTT, then you put the firmware on the cart and use a micro sd memory card to put any games you want on it and shove the cartridge in the ds. R4 carts can be got on Amazon for about ?17 delivered and DSTT can be got at dealextreme (US) takes about 7-10 to come but for the price its remarkable, the are $9.50 about ?6. You can also get the R4 on dealextreme

DealExtreme: Nintendo DS Accessories (Page 1) (http://www.dealextreme.com/products.dx/category.604)

btw...it really is a piece of cake to do anything like that for DS.

EVERS666
14th November, 2008, 09:48 PM
which package do u suggest i start of with?

what web site is best 4 game downloads?, will utorrent be OK 2 download the games on 2?

Jaffa
14th November, 2008, 09:56 PM
which package do u suggest i start of with?

what web site is best 4 game downloads?, will utorrent be OK 2 download the games on 2?

Personally....I prefer the R4 but the DSTT is also good, I just like the menu screen on R4 better and you can create your own skins or download them.

As for downloading games...the games are that small, usually anything from 12mb to 62mb, there are bigger ones over 100mb...wow. A free rapidshare account will do it or if you wish utorrent a load of them. I can send you some ds links for downloading games, not sure if forum allows these to be posted so I can pm them to you when the time arises.

EVERS666
14th November, 2008, 10:04 PM
thanx 4 that m8, will order me a R4 now...

Jaffa
14th November, 2008, 10:12 PM
thanx 4 that m8, will order me a R4 now...

When you get it, let us know if you need any help, there will always be someone here to help you out.

EVERS666
14th November, 2008, 11:51 PM
knowing me will definitely need more help...

mrs-snow
11th December, 2008, 09:38 PM
hi i just ordered an r4 and a rumble pack etc .... i want to download the games from utorrent...what do i look for (file type etc) and what do i need to do to the r4 first before i can put games on it? :dontknow:

i also have a microsd 4gb card , will i need that ? and it comes with a usb type micro sd pen .... :hmmmm2:

i need to do this for my daughters crimbo pressie as she wants loads of games ...... please help x:cheer:

yamar1
11th December, 2008, 10:33 PM
good place to start is youtube ,, loads of easy to follow guides on there m8 just type in R4 :cool:

lannyb2000
12th December, 2008, 12:58 PM
1 of the best sites for ds games is romsite.net over 3000 ds games all free,dont no if i am allowed to post that link so please remove it if i am breaking the law

vincelol

del80y69
13th December, 2008, 12:41 AM
I have the ndstt, I have the 2gb memory card but am lost on where and wot to do next
thanks

yamar1
19th December, 2008, 08:54 PM
YOU TUBE! TYPE IN R4!!!!!!:giveup:

bassman
20th December, 2008, 09:17 PM
This is a good one

R4DS Help

ickles
16th October, 2009, 07:16 PM
Hiya

Im a newbie, i was reading through the posts any everyone really seems to know what they're doing, would anyone be so kind as to point me in the direction of links to download games for the DS lite? Ive already bought my R4 card, many thanks!!!!!!!!

mickydibble
17th October, 2009, 11:09 AM
Hiya

Im a newbie, i was reading through the posts any everyone really seems to know what they're doing, would anyone be so kind as to point me in the direction of links to download games for the DS lite? Ive already bought my R4 card, many thanks!!!!!!!!

First you need firmware from here: gbatemp.net : games links can be found on here, or goto romulation ;)

freck
17th October, 2009, 03:34 PM
DS Roms here (http://www.advanscene.com/html/dbndsrel.php)
enjoy

nickhow
3rd November, 2009, 07:55 PM
DS Roms here (http://www.advanscene.com/html/dbndsrel.php)
enjoy
where do you download them
thanks

Robbie01
23rd November, 2009, 06:57 PM
hi there i have a ds tt card and a micro sd do i need to do anything to me ds tt card for it to work iv got the kernal and games copyed onto me sd will it work if i pop it in?

pjtaff
23rd November, 2009, 08:44 PM
hi there i have a ds tt card and a micro sd do i need to do anything to me ds tt card for it to work iv got the kernal and games copyed onto me sd will it work if i pop it in?
only one way to find out m8 just pop it in and have a go you wont do any damage so dont worry about that as long as you extracted the files from the kernal download and put them all on the card then created a folder on the sd and call it games and put all you games in there all should be good

buzzking5
24th November, 2009, 03:57 AM
go here mate Buy R4 Revolution - R4 DS - R4 DSi - R4 SDHC - R4 Software - R4 Cards - R4 Card - Unlock iPhone (http://www.r4cards.co.uk/) these cards also work with the new 1.4 firmware

sinbad
27th November, 2009, 11:43 PM
if you do a update to 1.4 firmware you will need to go out and buy a r4 1.4 card so beware of updates so ive been told