PDA

View Full Version : IP Box 9000HD wont record

bobdisk
8th May, 2010, 11:28 AM
Hi, Wonder if anyone has had this with their AB IPbox 9000HD. I can set record, either by pressing rec or by timer, and the onscreen info shows it is recording. But trying to rewind a live broadcast, or playback the recorded material, it is not there! There is still about 25% of the hdd available. Turn it on the next day, and the recording is there!! I usually switch off by selecting shutdown, rather than standby.When there are overlapping or several recordings close together in the timer, I select standby, and put shutdown in on the last one. That was the case last week. WIerddd :confused:

gazza12
10th June, 2010, 10:34 AM
Hi Bobdisk,
What software/image are you using?
This may help troubleshoot.

aftermath
10th June, 2010, 05:05 PM
have you pressed the folder icon on your remote, to try viewing from there , or press the FAV button, and look in there.

bobdisk
10th June, 2010, 06:29 PM
Hi, I am running program version 0.0.a (r9341) (DB Version R9274). I had tried a later version, r11102, but the whole thing crashed, so I re-installed r9341. I have not bothered updating since, as it all seems to work ok now, except what I have outlined above, and it is such a pain to set it up from scratch again after the update. (btw, I have tried useing the folder and fav buttons). Now I have found that it does not always record the Dolby Surround sound track(when it is broadcast) when timer recording HD channels, it gets the sound channel that includes the Audio Description instead. Manual record always gets what is showing at that moment, including Dolby.

aftermath
10th June, 2010, 06:44 PM
Hi, I am running program version 0.0.a (r9341) (DB Version R9274). I had tried a later version, r11102, but the whole thing crashed, so I re-installed r9341. I have not bothered updating since, as it all seems to work ok now, except what I have outlined above, and it is such a pain to set it up from scratch again after the update. (btw, I have tried useing the folder and fav buttons). Now I have found that it does not always record the Dolby Surround sound track(when it is broadcast) when timer recording HD channels, it gets the sound channel that includes the Audio Description instead. Manual record always gets what is showing at that moment, including Dolby.

Thata a major reason why to upgrade to latest software, many recording and quality issues have been improved over the last 6 month.
also there is a new version of PCeditor which is more compatible.

bobdisk
10th June, 2010, 06:56 PM
Which version should I go for? I will have a go at the weekend and see where it goes.