PDA

View Full Version : dfu mode freeze

andramedon
8th May, 2010, 08:17 PM
Hi.

How're people doing?

I have a problem with my iphone 3gs 3.1.2 (7D11). Whenever i turn my phone off or it runs out of battery and i have to switch on again, it goes to dfu mode. The old routine of holding the home and power buttons for a certain time doesn't work anymore. The only way to get it back working is to plug it in to the computer and run blackra1n or is it choclate rain? :D

Does anyone else have this issue or...just me and if so can you help me out.

Cheers!!!!

Canker_Canison
8th May, 2010, 08:25 PM
Open Itunes & plug it in, once recognized start Blackra1n. Do not upgrade or try to re-install 3.1.2.
Blackra1n will get it working again... I think :s:

Canker

owenb
8th May, 2010, 08:48 PM
yeah you have used a unteethered jailbreak to jailbreak it (blackra1n) basically everytime battery runs out or u turn it off u will need to reconnect it to itunes to get ur info back on personally id upgrade to 3.1.3 then jailbreak with spirit just back ur settings up first tho

Canker_Canison
8th May, 2010, 09:23 PM
I might have part of this wrong, my heads not working at the moment, but if the 3rd 4th & 5th number of the serial is 789 (or 987..I'll have to check on monday) then if the phone is turned off or the battery dies...then yes you will have this problem.

Any other numbers & it won't be turning it off that's the problem.

Canker

owenb
8th May, 2010, 10:16 PM
spirit is the way forward at the moment just need a unlock for 3.1.3 and away the scene goes lol

biffo1
8th May, 2010, 10:33 PM
defo way to go with the spirit jailbreak as its untheared, meaning u can now switch your iphone off and not need to use blackra1n again and u wont ne stick in dfu mode