PDA

View Full Version : VW Caddy / Golf 5 pdf please..

looly
9th May, 2010, 12:03 PM
Hi all

Can someone please post a pdf showing the board connections using the r250 interface. I have a r250 clone with 6 thin wires...white, yellow, blue, black, purple, orange. And 2 thick red (12v) and 2 thick black (12v-). Also I have a coax.

Thanks guys.

qyyum
9th May, 2010, 12:46 PM
hello try this manual

looly
9th May, 2010, 12:55 PM
Thanks for the reply.

That is the manual that I have, only problem is that I have 2 spare wires to connect - orange & purple but the manual states red & green!!

Anyone else able to shed some light on this please? Dont want to corrupt processor by connecting wires wrong way round.

looly
9th May, 2010, 01:44 PM
Does anybody know pleeeeeeeeeeease...

Got cluster in front of me. Do you think its safe if I try to read only? If no joy then swap wires around and give it a try?? Not worked with one of these micronas before so not sure what data is in them.

Cheers

qyyum
9th May, 2010, 05:46 PM
hello
find out your own i am giving wiring details
pin 118 - white wire - test2 jtag
pin 117 - red wire - TDI jtag
pin 116 - black wire - TMS jtag
pin 115 - pink wire - TCK jtag
pin 114 - blue wire - TDO jtag
pin 14 - yellow wire - resetq jtag

qyyum
9th May, 2010, 06:04 PM
hello try

pink - purple
red - orange

looly
9th May, 2010, 10:07 PM
hello try

pink - purple
red - orange

Hi qyyum

Many thanks for your input. I did try this sequence earlier and also I swapped them over but still no joy. After putting the cluster back together I tested the 12v supply from the interface and it was only showing 0.5 - 0.7v !! Maybe if I used my external power supply it may have worked?? I couldn't be ~~~~ed to strip it all down again and try. Im gonna get the correct lead and then give it another go.

Cheers.

looly
16th May, 2010, 04:04 AM
Ok I got this caddy coming back in today for a second attempt!!! Does it matter if you program the 24c02 first then micronas or do you have to program micronas first? Or does it not matter?? I understand board needs to be powered on main connector with 12v+ & 12v- but should there be any voltage applied to the board from any of the thin wires (so that I can check if I have any problems)

Thanks in advance

drpeter
16th May, 2010, 10:05 AM
Ok I got this caddy coming back in today for a second attempt!!! Does it matter if you program the 24c02 first then micronas or do you have to program micronas first? Or does it not matter?? I understand board needs to be powered on main connector with 12v+ & 12v- but should there be any voltage applied to the board from any of the thin wires (so that I can check if I have any problems)

Thanks in advance

First make a backup of the original 24c32 then adjust with R250S, but beware of ESD, the micronas chip is sensitive, i heard many people damaged this cluster with R250S clone.

Ground yourself before working on this cluster.

looly
16th May, 2010, 12:06 PM
First make a backup of the original 24c32 then adjust with R250S, but beware of ESD, the micronas chip is sensitive, i heard many people damaged this cluster with R250S clone.

Ground yourself before working on this cluster.

Do you mean that by programming the micronas it automatically programs the 24c32? I will save 24c32 data first then solder back onto board but then after programming micronas do I need to remove 24c32 and adjust value?

Thanks for the help.

looly
16th May, 2010, 03:46 PM
Im in the middle of doing this caddy but keep getting msg "unable to establish link with the processor".

All connections appear to be good, anyone else come across this problem & have a solution please.

Thanks

looly
16th May, 2010, 06:11 PM
I've given up...

Me thinks the interface is faulty so going to speak to ecutool tomorrow!