PDA

View Full Version : Read write attributes

Jaffa
10th April, 2008, 11:24 PM
When I go to keylist in tuxbox commander the keys will let me save them but after reboot the are back as they were. I press 1 when on keylist to get the read/write/execute box up but it wont let me change them. It wont even let me ftp across as they fail to go across.

Is it write protected....It is a saved DW image which I flashed across a few months back and had been working up to the key rolls.

Devilfish
10th April, 2008, 11:38 PM
Not sure about that one Jaffa.

All files should have 644 permissions. That's read and write permissions but the box can't execute it. So it can update it if it wants but it's not a program that it can run.

Chmod 755 means it has execute privileges so that it can execute the program, i.e. like the emu files.

If it's updating the keys on it's own, check the camd_cfg file and make the AU { 00 } and it won't update ever.

Jaffa
11th April, 2008, 12:57 AM
It wont let me edit them in flashfxp, after I edit and save it, they fail to come across, I will try a new image tomorrow incase it is write protected. It's a m8 in work, its just that so c**t charged him ?15 to change the keys today...unbelieveable.

Devilfish
11th April, 2008, 01:02 AM
Unbelievable! Yet believable!

Sounds like the image is read-only. Reflash it with dreamup and null modem and you should be ok.