PDA

View Full Version : New legislation !

alunfennell
10th May, 2010, 01:42 AM
With new legislation been passed by the House of Lords this weekend curtailing to Digital Rights regarding illegale downloading of Software, Music & Movies etc and forcing Internet Service Providers to disclose information on Users who download Via Filesharing, Peer To Peer Downloading, Hosting Filesharing and trading in Filesharing and passing it onto the relevant authorities this bill also Includs Blocking and Disconnection by ISP,s of Websites within the UK and blocking external sites from around the world and termination of Home users internet connection by your ISP including Fines for any of the above infringements.

I would Sugest that our Admin Start to address the sections that are highly populated with URLs linking to Filesharing websites / software & Games that are Digital signed and Protected in our download sections other than Freeware or Shareware software or applications.

If not ! At least place banners over each section informing people of the consequences since these new law have been passed, Most people are unaware of whats going on and use D.K precisely for these reasons on a daily basis.

This Time is not just the end user that will start facing fines etc , we could start losing websites as they begin to block websites deemed to be trading in Filesharing URLs and Software that is under protection of Copy right holders.

I think its something that might warrent a revision of some of the rules and a review of a few sections currently open on D.K.

Regards:
Alun

jedi_jr
10th May, 2010, 02:40 AM
Wait until IPv6!!!!

alunfennell
12th May, 2010, 01:04 AM
less than one percent of Internet-enabled hosts across the Internet have implemented IPv6 on major operating systems in use in commercial, business, and home consumer environments.

If you wish to wait or indeed wait for Hosting Websites to fully Implement IPv6 then you will not be doewnloading very much for a long time.

IPv6 is only in its infancy in terms of general worldwide deployment .

You Can Wait I rather keep from getiing websites I enjoy been block in the mean time.