PDA

View Full Version : Eurobird 3 (33e) coverage in Scotland

Jack Reagan
10th April, 2008, 11:56 PM
Has anyone installed a dish on EB3 in the far north of Scotland (Wick area)?
I think an 80cm will do it but would be interested to know if anyone has had problems.

The coverage map suggests it ok, I'm more interest in the reality

Thanks

Jack

Devilfish
11th April, 2008, 12:41 AM
I think you'll need at least a 100cm dish for that bird m8.

And that's going by a guide that says north of england! Probably looking at a 120cm for up your neck of the woods.

You won't be able to get the Easter European beams on that satellite no matter what size of dish you have.

Jack Reagan
11th April, 2008, 06:55 AM
That interesting, one of the reason I'm looking at this is the betting industry use this for some feeds, I understood that an 75/80 works well upto around Aberdeen. I expect the main enemy of EBird is the low elevation.

I'm up there in a few weeks so I just put a couple of dishes in the car and try it.

Cheers

Jack

Devilfish
11th April, 2008, 07:45 AM
I took that info from a guide on another site m8 so I can't say 100% that it's correct.

Dorvita
23rd August, 2008, 09:41 PM
Hi guys hope this finds you well.Can I please ask your advice? Im in the Angus area of scotland and looking to change my set up to a motorised one.Im looking for advice on the best size dish to get as Im really at a loss just now as to what to buy.Hear the Triax 80 is one of the best but again a newbie here and hping you will lend your wisdom.
Thank you,hope you have a lovely weekend.
Dor.x:ciao:

Curious123
24th August, 2008, 12:11 AM
I got cheap and cheerful 1m motorised dish from wizards last Christmas and it has worked a treat.

hutchy
27th August, 2008, 06:38 PM
i have an 80cm motorized set up, and i live in edinburgh, i just pick up the sats i need but i think i would get more if i put my dish up higher so it cleared next doors wall. as i think the signalk is hitting the slates, anyways i get from sky uk 28.2e right round to 8w but ofcourse no 7w or 4w,