PDA

View Full Version : vauxhall egr fault

smirnoff_rules
11th May, 2010, 03:24 PM
had a zafria 2001 16v in yesterday with the engine light on ,,. found fault code
p0400 egr valve

replaced it and cleared light ,, an hour later light came back on
but different code this time
p1405 egr position ?

checked egr voltage feed back and was under 05v
so was thinking its a faulty egr valve

replaced with a another one and now its showing v09 to 2.0v

but u guessed it ,, the light came back on with the same fault P1405 again

any ideas lads

Meat-Head
11th May, 2010, 06:01 PM
Damm can't remeber who it was, but a member on here had a problem with one of theses bags of shite and it was a broken wire a few inches from the
AIRFLOW METER (worth a quick tug)

Secondly another member had a broken wire 'just by the ecu'

GUESSING the light has been on 'for a few days' and the ecu has decided
the egr valve is duff, but now it can't 'see' the egr valve.

Can you try BOLTING the OLD egr back on and leave the NEW egr swinging in the breeze for 'an hour' just incase fannymold bent and jambing the egr?

is it a O/E valve or one of them crap china copy?

ADVERTiSEMENT(AND FREE PLUG):

M-H-M DAYOUT 2010 FRIDAY 28TH MAY 2010
LEAVE MEAT-CITY 7AM, DESINATION 'UNKNOWN' :smokin::rock: :beerglass:
(Nude nudge wink wink)

racin-snake
11th May, 2010, 06:43 PM
ime sure ive seen this code reoccur with a servo hose leak before and it was a zafira too?
hose was leaking right at the servo refitted the rubber tube and it cleared worth a go no outlay to try ?

obdmaster
11th May, 2010, 10:24 PM
Do you know engine code m8?

how many wires, on egr valve?

have you tried actuator test on egr valve? while probing position wires.

If you tell me engine code i may be able to give you a test procedure m8.

smirnoff_rules
11th May, 2010, 10:27 PM
Do you know engine code m8?

how many wires, on egr valve?

have you tried actuator test on egr valve? while probing position wires.

If you tell me engine code i may be able to give you a test procedure m8.

info back at work ..it was the egr valve with the wires at a right angle on the top and a smaller bass than the ones with the wires at the top // 4 wires lm sure ..

obdmaster
11th May, 2010, 10:30 PM
info back at work ..it was the egr valve with the wires at a right angle on the top and a smaller bass than the ones with the wires at the top // 4 wires lm sure ..

Post engine code in morning m8, i will keep checking. Then i will post you a test procedure. Just hope it helps m8. :banghead:

smirnoff_rules
11th May, 2010, 10:43 PM
VAUXHALL ZAFIRA 16V CLUB MPV (MULTI-PURPOSE VEHICLE) 1598cc (30-06-2001) PETROL

u want be to pm reg m8 .. ?

Meat-Head
11th May, 2010, 10:48 PM
cool P1405 is a good thing to type into google, she's jam hot Terry Costa :: Prom Gowns :: Red Carpet :: Flirt P1405 (http://terrycosta.com/product.php?productid=17029&cat=257&page=13)

Just had a scoot round seems common thing, but found this for furture reference

code/]
Omega Owners Forum - Pedal Trick (http://images.omegaowners.com/images/guides/paperclip_test/pedaltrick.html)

Pedal Trick
Foot on brake, gas pedal to the floor.
Turn on ignition to position II (do not fire the engine in position III)
When dash lights go out the yellow light car symbol with a spanner through it should flash.
4 sets of flashes/numbers pause and so on.
10 flashes is zero.
Constant flashing no codes.

/code]

smirnoff_rules
12th May, 2010, 08:42 AM
ENGINE CODE : Z16XE

obdmaster
12th May, 2010, 09:26 AM
Hi m8,

pin D (black/white) at egr valve should be +5v with ignition on comes from pin m30 of ecu via a splice joint.

Pin B (brown) should be earth with ignition on m8 comes from pin M62 of ECU via a splice joint.

Pin C (brown/blue) is the signal wire back to ecu pin m28. ( this tells ecu how much valve has moved.)

First thing i would do is do actuator test on EGR. remove egr but still plugged in. And on your modis go into actuator test, then egr valve and see if valve moves .

If it moves check all of the above, and test signal wire pin c, when doing actuator tests and see if voltage changes.

Hope this helps a little m8.

dafdiagnos
12th May, 2010, 11:17 AM
as stated by obdmaster, ecm pin a62 brown, ign on earth, pin a21 black/brown ign on 11 - 14v, engine idling when warm oscilloscope test - should be a nice square wave, pin a28 brown/blue ign on 1.1 - 1.5v, partial load 1.1 - 4.5v, pin a30 black/white tied into cmp sensor ign on 4.75 - 5.25v, i'd also check for vacuum leaks & leaks @ inlet side throwing sensors out or usual sludgy, clogged manifold

Meat-Head
16th May, 2010, 08:45 PM
did you fix this one?

EssexTech
16th May, 2010, 08:51 PM
Is there egr ports running through the heads on these engines that block up. Or am I thinking of the X20XE.

estate
16th May, 2010, 11:08 PM
i'm pretty sure vx do a software upgrade to delete the egr from the system on these.

smirnoff_rules
14th June, 2010, 03:57 PM
fitted a genuine one even tho gsf said theres where .. its fine now and 10 notes less lol

thanx all