PDA

View Full Version : iphone 3gs 16go stuck on black screen

nadiasick
12th May, 2010, 11:39 AM
hi,
i have an unlocked iphone 3gs with fw 3.1.2, all was fine until the wifi started acting up.
so i did a reset network settings, didn't know it would turn the phone off :-(
so i tried redsnow, did everything fine, then on my pc screen i got a message saying DONE.
the rest takes place on your device...

but the phone just looked dead, nothing going on.

tried to switch on, no way.

ever since, i have a black screen, phone doesn't react at all.

itunes keeps asking me to restore but i don't want to loose my unlock!

is there a way i can get the phone working again? will deal with the wifi later, atleast get it to switch on.

any help please?! i am going bold over this :)

Mooley
12th May, 2010, 01:06 PM
By any chance are you sure the USB port your using is 2.0??

owenb
12th May, 2010, 04:46 PM
try a restore m8 its either that or u have a brick either way

Canker_Canison
12th May, 2010, 07:07 PM
Can Itunes pick up the current firmware version? If you know it then you can download the file & install it on your Iphone by pressing shift while clicking the update/restore button.

If you're lucky redsnow will still work after that.

johnboy1974
13th May, 2010, 09:03 AM
you will have to restore the phone through itunes, this will of course remove your jailbreak but there is now a jailbreak out for 3.1.3 firmware which works fine and comes with cydia pre instaled.

mickydibble
13th May, 2010, 11:41 PM
Restore back to original 3.1.2 firmware, then jailbreak again.

Plug in see if iTunes picks up and hold control button in then click restore and locate original 3.1.2 firmware and update.
Then jail with custom again. :)

theGh0st
15th May, 2010, 09:07 AM
Restore back to 3.1.2 but you may have to change your hosts file to point to Suriks server as apple won't sign this version any more.

Once restored you can use the Spirit Jailbreak which is untethered boot so no need for comp anymore to boot your 3GS.

Don't restore to 3.1.3 there is no unlock.

hikucukkurt
15th May, 2010, 05:57 PM
:thrasher:
hi,
i have an unlocked iphone 3gs with fw 3.1.2, all was fine until the wifi started acting up.
so i did a reset network settings, didn't know it would turn the phone off :-(
so i tried redsnow, did everything fine, then on my pc screen i got a message saying DONE.
the rest takes place on your device...

but the phone just looked dead, nothing going on.

tried to switch on, no way.

ever since, i have a black screen, phone doesn't react at all.

itunes keeps asking me to restore but i don't want to loose my unlock!

is there a way i can get the phone working again? will deal with the wifi later, atleast get it to switch on.

any help please?! i am going bold over this :)

timb1988
15th May, 2010, 08:42 PM
i have just done this to mine today aswell! js restore back to 3.1.2 then blackra1n the mofo!

johnboy1974
17th May, 2010, 06:16 PM
Restore back to 3.1.2 but you may have to change your hosts file to point to Suriks server as apple won't sign this version any more.

Once restored you can use the Spirit Jailbreak which is untethered boot so no need for comp anymore to boot your 3GS.

Don't restore to 3.1.3 there is no unlock.

there is a jailbreak for 3.1.3 called spirit ive got it running on my iphone 3g and its fine.

mickydibble
17th May, 2010, 06:29 PM
Unlock /jailbreak mean different things.

Unlock being change of network/carrier

jailbreak is custom firmware.