PDA

View Full Version : How can you tell the difference between a DM800 clone and a real 1?

danmclfc
12th May, 2010, 10:15 PM
can any1 shed any light on this? is there that much difference in quality of picture?

westkill
13th May, 2010, 06:22 AM
ive got clone and original
and cant see and difference in the picture quality :)

bubbles69
13th May, 2010, 12:14 PM
same here have orig and clone both do exactly the same... you need to use the genuine dreambox plugin and with the code that gives you gon on the dreammulimedia website..~!

av2008
14th May, 2010, 12:05 AM
can any1 shed any light on this? is there that much difference in quality of picture?

No not in quality of picture, but quality of signal, yes.

If your looking for tuner sensitivity (ie fringe reception), forget about the clones, if not the pq is fine and id say better than an old skyhd box.

Although things may have improved since I got my clone a year ago.

dreamboxuk
14th May, 2010, 12:19 AM
wht it is im moven to a area thts got vrgn so whts the best box around to buy as im new to the setup with vrgn stuff ...... iv got satellite with 1.1m dyc motor and kinda clued up there .. but the vrgn thing is new to me. is it the same ( img ) thing or (cfg ) ie or do i have to read up

alec
14th May, 2010, 11:05 AM
The first question is what do want to watch, and start from there. If you already got a motorised dish then forget virgin.
Then ask for opinions on Sat receivers. 1 The main difference between a clone and the other is the price, and you have to be more carefull that you buy the clone, from a good source.