PDA

View Full Version : newbi back at last

mooreand
16th November, 2008, 07:34 PM
hello all

I have now got a full system working after 4 weeks of toil, had to move dish to peak of house, reset at least 4 times the pole set up found thor only got 2 transponders , etc, etc many hours in rain wasted, Eventually got a old boy who was a radio ham and sat guru to come round , climb up to dish with a antique meter, diagnosed issue with lnb only working in vertical , new one fitted, reset complete arc bobs your uncle, system is now up and running, just carrying out auto scan for channels as i am sat writing this,

whats next !!

:devil:
Technomate 6800 hd

.: JaCkPoT :.
16th November, 2008, 10:17 PM
glad to know ur sorted now after all those pm`s.

Devilfish
16th November, 2008, 10:21 PM
All part of the fun hehe. :)

Next - have you flashed the latest patch for your receiver so that you can get the hacked channels? See the sticky threads.

aqueoushumour01
16th November, 2008, 10:42 PM
i'm a noob who's back too but I can't seem to download anything yet

mooreand
16th November, 2008, 11:34 PM
oop's just down loaded a channel list and lost all positions of satellites, which are the best satellites for sport and nature programs

16th November, 2008, 11:51 PM
Goto usals that will regain your positions.
The best sat for all is 1west.

mooreand
17th November, 2008, 12:38 AM
thanks
Have lost signal looks like cable has come loose, also the system was set up in 1.2 not usals, will have to get ladder out to check cable, have had system working ok till down loaded channel list did not understand it would change system to usal and delete all positions. will check cable and then move dish through arc to save sat positions again.

Sh*t Happens

Thanks

krazylegz
17th November, 2008, 12:46 AM
if your pole is straight all the way around its easier using usals than it is diseqc1.2........but if you decide to try usals you'll need to find out your long/lat seetings by imputting your postcode in Worldwide map search, route finder and travel directions - powered by Multimap (http://www.multimap.com)

mooreand
18th November, 2008, 08:38 PM
Pole is straight been checked and rechecked, have reset all sats working fine now , Have down loaded latest patch, need more info on what to do next to increase enjoyment , best sat for films and sport, do i need to buy a cam etc, its a Technomate 6800 hd , also what settings do i need to get ITV HD as it does not appear in any my channel lists, how do i get discovery HD or do I need to by a cam etc.

Thanks

18th November, 2008, 10:23 PM
for disc. HD you will need a cam[diablo best].
you will gat a lot of enjoyment with a diablo 2.3