PDA

View Full Version : Gettin Cable and Sat Cams working together

balikuyu
17th November, 2008, 12:31 AM
Hi to all

Been some time since last post due to buying this exciting new reciever AB9000/Cuberevo

It does all it says on tin as I have Sat and cable on the same box woking quite happily together the only draw back I can see is that they both reference the same cams I have the cable cams working at present but can I add the sat cams to the same location? and how would I go about merging the files? Auto etc.

On my Dbox I could switch cams quite easily but on this it seeems a little more involved.

I am a relative novice on Sat Cams and have heard that Incubus cam will be available soon, can I add this to the usr locals folder and include some text to the other files? or is there some others?

Any help much appreciated by knowlegable few we al rely on

Thanks in advance

aftermath
17th November, 2008, 03:46 AM
i am using the mgcamd ( its on all images ) it does cable and sat for me.

the auto updating of both sat and cable is not working yet, but i guess that's because most of the support is for the satellite tuners at the moment, but i am sure in the near future both sets of keys will auto update.

just edit the softcam.key file in the keys folder, only takes seconds for the cable keys, the sat ones should be ok with the latest key bundles around.

The incubus cam is in the latest images , you can find them in the image posts in this section.

portbhoy
17th November, 2008, 03:53 AM
Why isn't it downloadable on the server, you should be able to press a few buttons on the remote and update all the keyfiles. Just a thought ;)

aftermath
17th November, 2008, 12:44 PM
You can install from the web interface. Plugins, addons e.t.c.

satman
17th November, 2008, 12:48 PM
If using Cli image or Abcom image with SF addon,, you can add keys easily by edit /var/etc/kepupdateurl........ to any address for SoftCam.Key, and then pressing RED button on remote or visiting web interface you can update the keys at touch of button as per portbhoy mentions.

Mgcamd the best cam for both sat and cable ,,,
incubus at moment is pure C/S client only, and only 1 line for g*** and 1 line for cccam
As per Aftermath post,, get sat bundle, and simply add your cable keys to it,

balikuyu
17th November, 2008, 04:33 PM
Thanks for the info is there a link to the sat AU bundle?
and sorry for being two planks but I am assuming the cable will no longer Auto update even after I edit the kepupdateurl, or will it?

thanks to all who helped

satman
17th November, 2008, 04:40 PM
You can get sat key packs on some foreign sites, not sure if i should post links to other forums,

updating keys via the keyupdate.url method with cli or abcom shouldnt really effect your AU with cable because basically what you would do in this instance is keep the cable AU files and just use a current SoftCam.Key for satellite keys,,, pressing red only updates this one file SoftCam.Key,, which only records Current keys,,, so updating via red button would wipe your current cable keys, but mgcamd should be capable of AU the current cable keys into it,, as long as you have your patched roms etc in /scce,, also keeping the current sat keys youve just downloaded depending on how current and valid a SoftCam.Key you have used for sat..... as there is many black screens for satellite at present this would probably be quite easy method if you find a reliable online source for updated SoftCam.Key

aftermath
17th November, 2008, 04:40 PM
if you do a google for Satans key bundle or Minicats key bundle you will find them, but we dont alow posting keys on here. Once you find them ftp all the contents of the keys folder into the var\keys, and ftp the contents of the scce folder to the var\scce folder, then Highlight all of the files you ftpd across and CHMOD them all to 755.

The cable keys wont autoupdate as the autoupdate file will only do one or the other at the moment. so its best to leave the key bundle as it is and edit the Softcam.key file in var\keys folder. Right click on it then edit , and add 2 lines at the top which are your cable keeys, that will clear the pic, only takes seconds.

satman
17th November, 2008, 04:43 PM
^^ mine and aftermaths methods just depends wheather you want to AU cable or AU sat,, but with the lack of AU sat channels available prob find keeping the AU on cable more productive at the moment,, and just update the SoftCam.Key for the current open sat channels, where it will continue rolling your cable.

aftermath
17th November, 2008, 04:48 PM
I never thought of doing it that way mate, i might change over to the cable autoupdate ,and can edit my softcam.key file and add the latest sat keeys makes more sense. Cheers mate.

satman
17th November, 2008, 04:53 PM
both methods would work,,,,,,,

in olden days when lots of channels open with keys id recommend your method,
in recent days with little open with keys think my method a bit more productive.

balikuyu
17th November, 2008, 05:38 PM
Sounds like this is developmental but definately because of the variety of sat encryption I will most likely manual update the Sat although the key role frequency higher i only watch Sat channels on occasion rather the cable all the time.

Thanks again Guys your help is much appreciated

on_the_jazz
17th November, 2008, 06:09 PM
If you had AU for the cable and sky card for the satellite stuff would you still need to update the keys manually for the satellite or would this then also be auto?

satman
17th November, 2008, 06:14 PM
If you had AU for the cable and sky card for the satellite stuff would you still need to update the keys manually for the satellite or would this then also be auto?

sly card doesnt work in the card-readers them you would need to use a usb card reader, or serial card reader thats supported.
If this was the case yes, you can then use mgcamd+newcs together, to read both the sly card, and keys for cable.