PDA

View Full Version : Mileage Correction 2000 Audi A6

pohsib
15th May, 2010, 02:10 AM
Hi,

I have a 2000 Audi A6 which doesn't have immo. I replaced the cluster with a one from a 2004 A6 and I have two issues.
1. The immo key light is constantly blinking
2. The mileage is incorrect. I need to increase the mileage.

I bought a VAG-TACHO 2.5 cable from ebay but I cannot access the mileage part of the software. I also have VAG COM.

How can I remove that blinking light and correct the mileage?

The cluster I have now is art number 4B0 920 934R
KOMBI+WEGFAHRS VDO D15

sjonv
15th May, 2010, 10:07 AM
you can try this:

go to engine, clear faultcodes, then adaption. group 00 read and save.

then go to instruments, clear faults, adaption group 00 read and save.

now will go the im*o light go off

pohsib
16th May, 2010, 03:26 AM
That will not work because in the cluster itself is the previous car's VIN so its looking to match that with the immo box and ECU. My 2000 never had an immo box. Its just an annoying thing that keeps flashing but I'm more concerned with the mileage. I want to increase it to where it should be. I've tried using VAG-TACHO and it doesn't allow me to change the mileage. I've tried VAG Commander but I think I need a special cable for that.

Any ideas??

tachonow
16th May, 2010, 08:59 AM
[QUOTE=pohsib;591659]That will not work because in the cluster itself is the previous car's VIN so its looking to match that with the im*o box and ECU. My 2000 never had an im*o box. Its just an annoying thing that keeps flashing but I'm more concerned with the mileage. I want to increase it to where it should be. I've tried using VAG-TACHO and it doesn't allow me to change the mileage. I've tried VAG Commander but I think I need a special cable for that.

Any ideas??[/QUOTE
you must read both dash eproms to find the loggin codes then adapt the keys. after you can pair the vin nr.

vwaudiguy
16th May, 2010, 09:31 AM
Take the cluster apart, and remove the bulb for the immo...Keep the mileage..hehe

pohsib
16th May, 2010, 04:53 PM
[QUOTE=pohsib;591659]That will not work because in the cluster itself is the previous car's VIN so its looking to match that with the im*o box and ECU. My 2000 never had an im*o box. Its just an annoying thing that keeps flashing but I'm more concerned with the mileage. I want to increase it to where it should be. I've tried using VAG-TACHO and it doesn't allow me to change the mileage. I've tried VAG Commander but I think I need a special cable for that.

Any ideas??[/QUOTE
you must read both dash eproms to find the loggin codes then adapt the keys. after you can pair the vin nr.

Can this be done via OBDII? What software?

Is the cluster immo info stored on a chip solely that I can possibly just remove entirely?

tachonow
16th May, 2010, 05:34 PM
[quote=tachonow;591826]

Can this be done via OBDII? What software?

Is the cluster im*o info stored on a chip solely that I can possibly just remove entirely?
Vag k+Can can solve your all problems. Km change and immo off for starting car.

pohsib
12th June, 2010, 02:52 AM
I bought the VAG K+CAN Commander but I cannot get the software to modify the mileage in the cluster or remove the blinking im*o light.

The new cluster I have is 4B0920934R - KOMBI+WEGFAH - RS. VDO D15 and I need to increase the mileage. Because this cluster came from an 04 A6, it has the extra field with im*o 3 info. My car is an 00 A6 which doesn't have im*o. Anyone know how I can get VAG Commander to work. I am using the K-line to connect and I can read the hex info. When I do, it has the current mileage show up and I can change it. I click change and it says it worked but then it reverts back to the original mileage. It does show a login of 19424 and I have the BIN from the cluster. Any ideas?????

yasser
12th June, 2010, 06:25 AM
You can change UP milleage via vag com, but it is not most important now.
Problem is to make car start. Every Audi 00y. have immo, exept cases where someone make immo off :-)
Also I'm not to sure what system use Audi dash 04y.
Is it same like 00y or diferend.

What is that dump???
How did you read it?

pohsib
12th June, 2010, 05:53 PM
I don't have a problem to start the car because immo is only in the cluster...not ECU. The only issue I have is that there is a light flashing on the cluster(car with key in it). I just want to get rid of that by erasing the immo info out of the cluster. Thats the only place immo information is. If there is no software solution, I guess I can just remove the LED light but I'd rather just remove the extra ID with immo 3 info.

Also, how can I increase the mileage with VAG-COM? Just login in with 19424 and go to the adaptation channel?

pohsib
12th June, 2010, 05:54 PM
You can change UP milleage via vag com, but it is not most important now.
Problem is to make car start. Every Audi 00y. have im*o, exept cases where someone make im*o off :-)
Also I'm not to sure what system use Audi dash 04y.
Is it same like 00y or diferend.

What is that dump???
How did you read it?

I used VAG K+CAN Commander and opened channel 7 (Kombi), then special functions (instruments) and read the hex code then saved the bin file.

tellfaia
23rd June, 2010, 04:31 PM
i?m having a problem with a audi a4 2002 1.9 tdi
i can read eproom but cant change mileage:(
Can you help me?
Vag k+can 1.4

pohsib
25th June, 2010, 04:02 AM
Same...I still have not resolved my issues as well.

AmIdYfReAk
26th June, 2010, 05:02 AM
Funny, I'm actually in the same boat.

I have a 2000 A6 and i swapped in a cluster from a 2001 A6.
Borrowed a Vag tacho cable ( 2.5 as well ) from a friend, got in the cluster but when you click on Change mileage, it does nothing.

if we could find a way to ZERO out the mileage, or at least get it below 100KM then the programming can be done Via Vag-com.

Also, with the Bulb comment, isn't the light a surface mount LED?

z786
26th June, 2010, 10:52 PM
sometimes u gta giv in n pay sum 2 do it
about the flashing light, desolder the led or jus use black tape

pohsib
4th July, 2010, 10:30 PM
It is an LED. I wanted to wipe the stuff out of the cluster entirely but I guess desoldering that light will work as well. If there was a way to wipe the info, that would be best. Does anyone know if immo in the cluster is store on what chip by itself...then I could just replace it with a fresh chip....providing that it would work that is.

If anyone has had success with Vag Tacho 2.5 in increasing mileage, I would like to know how you do it.

pohsib
28th September, 2010, 12:42 AM
Ok...I see think that my probelm is with using Vag K+CAN 1.4 since the cluster is from an 04 (4B0 920 934R). I was able to use Vag K+CAN to read the cluster in channel 7 (kombi) and I saved the binary (attached) Perhaps someone who knows the layout could edit the mileage from 141,XXXkm to 158,881km??? Also, you'll see that it has IMMO 3 info attached. Is it possible to just wipe it off since that was from a different car? My car is a 2000 A6 and never had IMMO.

z786
28th September, 2010, 12:50 AM
post dump here
only way to get rid of flashing light is to desolder eeprom mate

pohsib
28th September, 2010, 12:55 AM
I can do that. Do you have an image of what EEPROM it is?

What about increasing the mileage. I think VAG K+CAN 1.4 is too old to have the mem layout from an 04 cluster? I can read and there is an option to change mileage but I think the layout I was using is wrong (VDO66 or whatever the first option was) Using the MM direct crashes VAG K+CAN

And thanks for your help

z786
28th September, 2010, 01:01 AM
sorry mate i meant to say LED
its past my bedtime here lol

z786
28th September, 2010, 01:11 AM
here mate, give this a try

post results

pohsib
28th September, 2010, 01:23 AM
Brilliant...I will give it a try.

pohsib
28th September, 2010, 03:58 AM
Didn't work. The odometer doesn't change.

z786
28th September, 2010, 04:18 AM
does the dump file change at all??

if not you'l most likely need to manually program using eeprom programmer

pohsib
28th September, 2010, 04:54 PM
I can see that once I write the bin to the cluster, teh mileage goes from 141,xxx to 158,880. So it is working but for some reason it doesn't show up on the cluster. The IPC layout I'm using is VDO66, VDO86, motomiles (i think thats what it is). I'm sure that its probably not the right one and thats probably the issue. All of the options for MM are up to 1997 and my cluster is from an 2004. I'm using VAG K+CAN 1.4 so maybe I need to get a newer version of the software. Do you think I would be able to use my existing cable with newer software? I've heard that it could possibly crash the cluster. Any idea what layout I should be using?

z786
28th September, 2010, 09:00 PM
ok, try resetting the speedo by leaving the fuse for it out for 10 mins, there should be 2 fuses, you want the one where when you pull it the mileage goes off

pohsib
28th September, 2010, 11:42 PM
Should this be done after writing the new bin to the cluster?

tachonow
28th September, 2010, 11:56 PM
Should this be done after writing the new bin to the cluster?
Yes mate after.
Do you have the good dump now or you still need it?

pohsib
29th September, 2010, 04:35 AM
I'm not sure. Could you verify that I am doing this correctly? I am using VAG K+CAN 1.4 and opening channel 7-Kombi --> Instruments/Immobilizer (special function) --> use VDO66, VDO86 (first option under layout) load from file --> select the bin --> write

I do that and I can see the area where the mileage is does change but the dash shows up unchanged. I will try unplugging the cluster and leaving it unpowered for 15mins and reinstall to see if it takes.

Sounds correct??

z786
29th September, 2010, 04:45 AM
sounds about right

but you dont have to unplug cluster, you could just pull the fuse but either way shuld work

pohsib
29th September, 2010, 06:43 AM
PERFECT!!!! Thank you so much! That did the trick.

pohsib
13th March, 2011, 08:51 AM
Ol, I have another question regarding immo. Does anyone have an image of where the eeprom that holds the immo information is stored? If I remove it to get rid of the flashing light with teh key, will it affect anything? My car is a 2000 A6 and never came with an immobilizer system.

z786
13th March, 2011, 02:21 PM
its the same eeprom where the mileage is stored
its best to desolder the offending LED

pohsib
13th March, 2011, 06:53 PM
Is there any way to remove the immo info and the 3 beeps at startup as well through software? I have vag K+CAN Commander 1.4 and VAG TACHO 2.5