PDA

View Full Version : stab motor question

loncell
17th November, 2008, 10:44 AM
im not sure of the actual model of the stab motor ive got but is there some kind of limiter on the actual motor itself that will limit its movement ?.reason i ask i cant seem to move past 28e to get to any sats in the 30's e.the motor moves fine west and i,ve checked there's no limits set in set up and there plenty room on the pole for movement.

Curious123
17th November, 2008, 11:00 AM
Check the manual but some of the motors come with limiters to prevent the dish from hitting the side walls. You have to remove a couple of screws on the motors to change the limits.

loncell
17th November, 2008, 01:23 PM
i dont have a manual for the motor but can you tell me roughly were are the screws located on the actual motor for setting limits ?.was bought 2nd hand.

Curious123
17th November, 2008, 02:27 PM
Not done this myself but on my motor manual it tells me to remove the cylinder that the dish is clamped to on the motor so that the screw can be accesed.

loncell
17th November, 2008, 11:55 PM
cheers for that , i downloaded a HH 120 manual and in the help question/answers section is says :-check that a limit has not been set for this position.

does this mean you can set a limit for each satellite you find ?.

.: JaCkPoT :.
18th November, 2008, 01:22 AM
The motor will only go 120degrees from one side to the other. Maybe the last owner took the cylinder off and adjusted it so the motor went 30 degrees east and 90 west. This means the point 30w is now in the middle.
Take the cylinder off and put 0 back into the middl which means the motor will go 60each way.

loncell
18th November, 2008, 09:28 AM
when you say remove the cylinder set to "0" , does this mean taking the dish off the pole mount to do the adjustments ? or can it be done do that ?.

Curious123
18th November, 2008, 09:50 AM
when you say remove the cylinder set to "0" , does this mean taking the dish off the pole mount to do the adjustments ? or can it be done do that ?.

You would have to take it all down to do the adjustments.

dowlinr
18th November, 2008, 10:24 AM
The motor will only go 120degrees from one side to the other. Maybe the last owner took the cylinder off and adjusted it so the motor went 30 degrees east and 90 west. This means the point 30w is now in the middle.
Take the cylinder off and put 0 back into the middl which means the motor will go 60each way.

My Technomate 2200 goes 75 degrees each way. I have two limits one for east, one for west I can set these independently of each other, not just one setting for 60 degrees each way.

You are right in saying the cylinder the dish is mounted to will need to come off though. I set mine to 50 degrees each way only to find when I put it up that I wanted 63e, doh! Ah well, I'm not taking it down any time soon to adjust it.

loncell
18th November, 2008, 11:51 AM
so it does have to come off the pole to adjust the limiter ?. cheers

dowlinr
18th November, 2008, 12:00 PM
no, just undo the bolt holding the cylinder on the motor. The adjustments are under there.