PDA

View Full Version : Add a record button to a DM500s remote

alunfennell
17th November, 2008, 01:43 PM
There is no "record" button on a DB500s remote control so you can only record using the timer function. But a record button can be "added" by modifying the rcdmxxx5.xml file (and as I recently flashed my DB I lost the record button and had to remember how to do it... hence this post).

Anyway, copy the rcdmxxx5.xml file from /share/tuxbox/enigma/resources/rcdm5xxx.xml and save it to your PC.

Make a backup of it.

Use the "edit > find" facility to search for RECORD and make the following change:

change:

<action name="record" key="record" flags="m" />

to:

<action name="record" key="mute" flags="m" />

After editing it save it to /var/tuxbox/config/enigma/resources/ as the original file is read-only () and can't be chmod'd with an FTP program.

You can now use the mute button when in DVR mode (the yellow button) to as a record button on a DM500s remote.

Regards:
Alun

cauliflower69
18th November, 2008, 03:10 PM
You learn something new everyday ;)

dalilsan
9th February, 2011, 03:07 PM
Hi,

can you please explain this in more detail <After editing it save it to /var/tuxbox/config/enigma/resources/ as the original file is read-only () and can't be chmod'd with an FTP program>

Thanks Man

PaphosAL
9th February, 2011, 05:03 PM
What Alun means there, is that the original file that you've copied from the image for his suggested edit, is located in the Read-Only SquashFS compressed root partition of the image.

So you can read, but cannot edit it, delete it, change it's chmod attributes, nothing! Not that this particular file needs chmodding, as it's perfectly happy with the the default chmod 644 permissions.

The alternative path he tells you to write the new file to is the R/W /var partition. When enigma finds it on that exact path, the new replacement file will take precedence over the original R/O file in root.

Cheers- AL :)

Alibegovic
9th February, 2011, 05:42 PM
I'm doing that the other way.

Installed addon Ngrab on box, Ngrablite on PC.

Open pli image allows to program whatever I like to yellow and blue
button.

So I set start ngrab recording on yellow, stop on blue. Without editing anything.

dalilsan
11th February, 2011, 10:01 PM
I have applied Alunfennell's guide to add record button but I did not succeed. I'm using DM500S clone, Gemini 4.60 _by.tefa_image. Have anyone any idea how to solve this ?