PDA

View Full Version : Ford Ranger Radio Code

Devilfish
17th May, 2010, 07:07 PM
Hi folks,

My boss's Ford Ranger had to get a new battery and the radio needs a code. Are there any calcs out there that work for a 2007 model?

I told him to contact the dealer and they should hopefully give him it for free but thought I'd ask here too (and try and score some brownie points lol)

Cheers

bonus2010
18th May, 2010, 12:02 AM
Hi folks,

My boss's Ford Ranger had to get a new battery and the radio needs a code. Are there any calcs out there that work for a 2007 model?

I told him to contact the dealer and they should hopefully give him it for free but thought I'd ask here too (and try and score some brownie points lol)

Cheers

Hello Devilfish

I've had a look at the interiors of Ford Ranger's on motor trader websites - and they do use the newer style sound systems produced by Sony - Visteon. These radios will include the 'V' number serials. The 'V' serial code calculator does not exist, unlike the 'M' serial calculator for the older radios. I'm not sure exactly when the newer radios started to appear in Fords - maybe 2006.

The existence of V calculators has been the subject of much discussion on DK. I do agree with many of the members who are involved in radio decoding for a living that it doesn't exist either.

A solution does exist to read the eprom of certain models of the V series radios. The other solution being contacting the 'Ford main dealership'.

I'm sure if it were your own radio, and you were posting the serial number, members with friends working for a Ford Parts and Services dealership could help you in accessing a code. There was one guy selling V codes on a well known auction site doing this.

hope info helps
cheers.

Devilfish
18th May, 2010, 07:34 AM
Thanks very much for the detailed reply m8. I guess he just need to get it from the dealer, or there's a local garage that claims they can get it for ?20, although from what you're saying I'm beginning to doubt that.

Meat-Head
18th May, 2010, 07:54 AM
Hi folks,

My boss's Ford Ranger had to get a new battery

WOW would never have thought that in a million years, Devilfish
has a boss lol.

Try ringing the FIRST dealer who's name appears in the service history, they
might have it on their local computer.

Hope you laughed at the curly clutch pipes on the bulkhead lol