PDA

View Full Version : Lost,channels, & sound

lostwalker
17th November, 2008, 11:31 PM
Hi Folks
I installed my SV4 box a few days ago without any problems...but now I have lost some channels including ITV and sound on Channel 5. I have rescanned the channels but it has made no difference.

Can anyone give me any advice or tell me how to resolve teh problem.

Thanks

LW

satsmo
18th November, 2008, 12:04 AM
Have you tried deleting them and then doing an autoscan?

cactikid
18th November, 2008, 03:42 AM
are u using a splitter in line,when scanning direct feed only and if u are using a splitter get a high quality one as the cheaper ones faulty with signal loss.

lostwalker
18th November, 2008, 06:11 PM
are u using a splitter in line,when scanning direct feed only and if u are using a splitter get a high quality one as the cheaper ones faulty with signal loss.

Thanks for that....I don't have a splitter fitted but any other suggestions are welcome

TW

satsmo
18th November, 2008, 06:47 PM
Did you do as said regards deleting them first?

lostwalker
18th November, 2008, 07:12 PM
Have you tried deleting them and then doing an autoscan?

Satsmo

That seems to have solved the problem, the only thing I keep getting is on a couple of channels, channel 5 being one. When selected it sounds like someone has poured a box of crickets inside the SV4 box, this sometimes takes a long time to clear and then there is no sound at all, other channels don't seem to be affected.

Thanks for the advice.....until I get used to this ne wbox I may have more question that have obvious answers. So sorry if I post any more daft questions.

Regards

LW

lostwalker
18th November, 2008, 07:45 PM
Did you do as said regards deleting them first?

Yes, deleted the channels as advised and then did an autoscan. Got channels back but have intermitment sound problems on channel five